****Official PostGame Thread - Bama vs. Vandy****

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Great team win and effort by the coaches and players. A few observations going forward: need more consistency on offense, this is a given. Also, when the other teams breaks the press, or at least makes a couple passes to get the ball to half court, our guys need to sprint back on D. Seems like the press is feast or famine and the better teams will burn us on it. Overall very pleased with where the team is this year considering the injuries we've sustained. Roll Tide

ptw1961

1st Team
Dec 8, 2011
Great play down the stretch. Earl is right- that gym and officiating is worth alot-I would say 7-8 points. No, this is not a good Vandy team. But this is still a very important win with the schedule they have for the next 3-4 weeks. Have a chance to win a bunch of games and maybe make the tourney. Hope the Tulane and Mercer losses do not come back to haunt them. Team would be 16-5 with a much higher RPI if those didn't happen. The Tide is now 12-2 with Steele in the lineup and 2-6 when he was injured. Selection committees sometimes do look at injuries and the cause/affect. Just have to keep winning these winnable games and hope for the best.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Vandy had three losses by a point or two each. They could have easily been 5-2 conference play coming into this game also. Not the best Vandy team ever, but a solid team and a very tough win on their home court.

1958againbear

1st Team
Jan 27, 2011
I don't disagree with it being a good win, because we haven't won in Nashville since 1990...but lets not forget this Vandy team is 8-12 overall...and 2-6 in league play...

It still feels extremely good though because we had to have it to keep our slim tournament chances alive.
Vandy's record, nothing can dampen the significance of this win. We've got to beat these beatable teams to have a chance for the tourney whether in Nashville or not. Our finish in the SEC is huge since these teams don't help our RPI. Kudos to CAG and the guys. Great effort and great win. Man I wish we had that UT game from last week back especially after the way they stunk it up at Arkansas.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
i remember back to the end of the Gottfried era and a game like that would have resulted in a 20+ point loss. One thing I love about CAG is that his teams don't quit. The other is that they realize that there is defense in bball. This game was a testament to that. Just like in football defense can win the game even if the offense sputters. Sometimes you win despite the fact that you should have lost. I think if we can lock down a solid big man in recruiting it would make all the difference. Don't give up on CAG and the team just yet because they never give up on themselves. Roll Tide!

trenda

Hall of Fame
May 17, 2000
Hendersonville, TN USA
I don't know how many points that miserable gym is worth, but, with home cooking, it's at least five points or so. There were some complaints in the game thread about the press, but, without it, we do not win this game...
Went to the game today, and - YES - that gym is a miserable, miserable place to play and watch a game. And the home cooking is always more than suspicious there. Great perserverance by our team to gut this one out.

rja4bama

3rd Team
Feb 12, 2004
meridianville al.
al.com
My son and I got to go to our first Bama basketball game today. What a great finish by our guys.
I'm with everyone else in that is a terrible place to watch a game. Man those wooden seats got
hard to set on by the end of the game.

AlabasterBama

3rd Team
Dec 14, 2006
Alabaster, Alabama
The win was important to everyone on the team. Did you notice the emotion of Grant, assistant coaches, and players in the last minute or so? Everyone has their opinion but I still feel we have the right man for the basketball program. Great win in a terrible facility.

Vinny

Hall of Fame
Sep 27, 2001
Rockaway, NJ
Went to the game today, and - YES - that gym is a miserable, miserable place to play and watch a game. And the home cooking is always more than suspicious there. Great perserverance by our team to gut this one out.
That place is like the Bermuda Triangle! Thank God that we finally TCB there! RTR

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk

GreatMarch

All-SEC
Dec 10, 2010
Birmingham, AL
Has anyone heard if releford is ok? The elbow he took was nasty and I was surprised the refs did not look at the play with the emphasis on elbows this year. And after the Arkansas game in which every elbow took 5 mins to look at.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.