****Official PostGame Thread - Bama vs. Vandy****

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Post mortem time. I need to repeat a caution and I'll make it part of the title of the next game thread. If you want to hurl insults at the players and coaches - stay out of the game thread...

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012
Outscored 'em 13-1 on the road to close out the game. Don't give good gol' darn if Vandy was the Minnie Pearl Dancers, Roll Tide Roll out of Nashville with a big "W."

AlexD

1st Team
Jun 19, 2009
Tough gutsy win and great game by Steele. Lacy great finish. Hope Rel. is ok.

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
As much as I would like to point out the shortcomings of this team, they make up for a lot in pure heart and effort down the stretch. No matter how many Vandy shots fell, they continued to fight...and eventually won. Major props to CAG for keeping them calm, and focused.

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa
I am very proud of the kids today, especially Steele and Lacey. We gutted this one out. We got bubkis from the inside. I suspect we got out rebounded terribly and we still won. You have to give credit where credit is due. We were down 11 and looked like we were about to fold when Lacey just took over.

CAG had done a good job so far. We still have a chance to get in the tourney and I would not have given us even a chance at this point. I really think we could be good next year when we get the big guys in and the other kids mature.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
If anyone wants to question Coach Grant's ability to coach.....watch the replay of this game, which we had no business winning at all. I think he's doing an incredible job.
Great win!
sip

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I don't know how many points that miserable gym is worth, but, with home cooking, it's at least five points or so. There were some complaints in the game thread about the press, but, without it, we do not win this game...

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
Agree on the press. Vandy took quick shots when they broke it but they weren't necessarily high-percentage even though a bunch dropped in early. Bama (most teams) has a chance to score off of steals.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Were any of these guys even born the last time we won there? Steele maybe, couldn't find birth dates for the players. A great comeback to watch.

If anyone wants to question Coach Grant's ability to coach.....watch the replay of this game, which we had no business winning at all. I think he's doing an incredible job.
Great win!
sip
Totally agree!! I've been saying this for the longest. With all the injuries this season, he's kept us right there. Now I know Vandy is not as good as they've been in the past but to win in a place they haven't won in over twenty years is a big thing. I still believe this is a tourney team!

Sent from Jay's iPhone via Tapatalk

countrytider

Suspended
Mar 19, 2001
Marion Co., AL
Great win!
sip
I don't disagree with it being a good win, because we haven't won in Nashville since 1990...but lets not forget this Vandy team is 8-12 overall...and 2-6 in league play...

It still feels extremely good though because we had to have it to keep our slim tournament chances alive.

TideFans.shop : FLASH SALE 25% off !

TideFans.shop 25% off sitewide!!
TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.