Summary of today (Saturday, February 2)

CraigD

All-American
Aug 8, 2006
Columbus, GA
So let's see if I have this correct:

- A'Shawn Robinson, a Texas commit and Rivals 5-star #33 recruit, has informed his Texas recruiter that he will be signing with Alabama.

- Antonio Conner, 4-star #88 recruit, is rumored to be a Bama commitment soon.

- Eddie Vanderdoes, former USC commit and 5-star #21 recruit, is on campus right now with his entire family and is loving it.

- Henry Poggi, current Michigan commit and 4-star #70 recruit, is rumored to be considering a GREYSHIRT offer at Bama

And we already have one of the best recruiting classes in the nation, if not the best.

Does that about summarize the day? Did I miss anything. And finally.... :eek: ARE YOU KIDDING ME?? Wow! This is awesome!

Last edited:

RedStar

Hall of Fame
Jan 28, 2005
The Shoals, AL

- A'Shawn Robinson, a Texas commit and Rivals 5-star #33 recruit, has informed his Texas recruiter that he will be signing with Alabama.

- Antonio Conner, an Ole Miss commit and 4-star #88 recruit, is rumored to be a Bama commitment soon.

- Eddie Vanderdoes, former USC commit and 5-star #21 recruit, is on campus right now with his entire family and is loving it.

- Henry Poggi, current Michigan commit and 4-star #70 recruit, is rumored to be considering a GRAYSHIRT offer at Bama

And we already have one of the best recruiting classes in the nation, if not the best.

Does that about summarize the day? Did I miss anything. And finally.... :eek: ARE YOU KIDDING ME?? Wow! This is awesome!
Conner's not an Ole Miss commit, but other than that, everything looks about right. Pretty crazy day.

jambama1

All-American
Aug 1, 2005
Tuscaloosa

- Antonio Conner, 4-star #88 recruit, is rumored to be a Bama commitment soon.

- Henry Poggi, current Michigan commit and 4-star #70 recruit, is rumored to be considering a GREYSHIRT offer at Bama

Missed R. foster and A. Karma are in Tuscaloosa :cool2:

glasscutter256

All-American
Jan 31, 2009
Huntsville
I will be incredibly surprised if even half of what the threadstarter said is true. I think All of these players are leaning elsewhere. Poggi will not accept a greyshirt offer. Robinson will stay at Texas. Vanderdoes is expected to stay in California. Conner is expected to sign elsewhere. I hope you are right, but I'll believe it when I see it.

CraigD

All-American
Aug 8, 2006
Columbus, GA
I will be incredibly surprised if even half of what the threadstarter said is true. I think All of these players are leaning elsewhere. Poggi will not accept a greyshirt offer. Robinson will stay at Texas. Vanderdoes is expected to stay in California. Conner is expected to sign elsewhere. I hope you are right, but I'll believe it when I see it.
Robinson (link)

CrimsonTide13

Suspended
Aug 12, 2011
Huntsville, AL
Doubting CNS recruiting tactics is frowned upon in these parts ;)

CraigD

All-American
Aug 8, 2006
Columbus, GA
don't rain on the parade!

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al

Well let me see...

1.) Stating Poggi will not take a greyshirt would be speaking out of context. His Father rather him play at Alabama, and take a greyshirt, then be at UM. His Dad is a great HS Coach, and values what our program does. These aren't just things throw out in the dark, there is substantial talk about it.

2.) Robinson has been reported to have informed the UT staff (face to face I believe) he will not be signing with them. That, along with the fact that as supposed commitment to UT already, he announced today he would be making his declaration on NSD. Which makes no sense if he is still committed to the the Longhorns.

3.) Vanderdoes is no expected to stay in Cali. He has made it clear to his parents, per people close to the situation, he wants to leave the state. That makes it a two horse race between UA and ND.

4.) While you are correct, several expect Connor to sign elsewhere, it is well known by people close to him he prefers UA. It's just tough for a kid from that area to break ties and leave state.

You really gotta do your research...

JeffAtlanta

All-American
Aug 21, 2007
Atlanta, GA (Buckhead)
Robinson is already confirmed by non-Bama sources. Of course, he could always change his mind before signing day, but he is certainly not "leaning elsewhere".

Vanderdoes is not expected to stay in California either. He's expected to leave the state.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.