Link: "Robert Nkemdiche meets Shaq" on LSU Official Visit

Status
Not open for further replies.

gamersfuel

All-American
Jan 20, 2008
Auburn/near a cow pasture
i'd like to join this thread hijack with my opinion of Shaq being the most dominant player ever without question in this era. you dont find many 7ft 2 in 300 plus pound guys with that type of athletic ability. the only other center i think that would even have an argument would be Wilt and Kareem in their prime

JAXFLBAMAFAN

All-SEC
Nov 30, 1999
Jacksonville FL
i'd like to join this thread hijack with my opinion of Shaq being the most dominant player ever without question in this era. you dont find many 7ft 2 in 300 plus pound guys with that type of athletic ability. the only other center i think that would even have an argument would be Wilt and Kareem in their prime
Hack a Shaq stopped Shaq many times.

Kareem?...no way, his roll away, sky hook was ALWAYS money, and if you fouled him, he hit his free throws. It's between Kareem and Bill Russell, W. Chamberlin, Akeem A.

Shaq could score down low but he had weaknesses.

My opinion, everybody is entitled.

Hightower was impressive at Bama and is started for a playoff team's defense. More impressive that 300 lb car salesman. ; )

Last edited:

Airborne Tider

All-American
Aug 2, 2008
Fort Benning
Doesn't matter. Nkemdiche is going to Ole Miss. Wouldn't matter if the entire 95 Bulls showed up. If you guys wanna argue over the biggest sports star take it elsewhere please.

TideFan in AU

Hall of Fame
Shaq is undoubtedly the most dominant player ever. Other than Jordan, he was the most unstoppable force in the NBA ever.

He destroyed everyone he ever matched up against except arugably TD, and was part of probably the best team of all time.

The NBA changed their rules to make it so people could guard Shaq in the late 90s and early 2000s.

Dominant doesn't mean best, but Shaq is a top 5 player in NBA history. And his career only ended 5 years ago for all intents and purposes.

We all love Bama, but how can you guys possibly thing meeting Shaq is less of a big deal than meeting Hightower... People outside of the college football world don't know Hightower. Shaq has been glamorized by being the premier player on the most glamorous team in basketball. Which is also in the second biggest market in the USA. So let's not even compare the two.
I personally would rather meet Hightower. He played at our school, he helped bring two NC's to our school, and I care nothing about basketball. It's a really simple decision for me. Nkemdiche may feel differently...

smohabbat

Scout Team
Oct 13, 2011
You cannot conpare Shaq to any other center from a different era. He would dominate bill russell, the guy played in a weak nba with no parody, wasnt even 6'11. Wilt played against guys 6 inches shorter than him and played in a league with less racial diversity. KAJ couldnt get post position on shaq, too scrawny.

Hakeem Olajuwon is the only other center who could stand toe to toe with Shaq and thats because hes the smartest C of all time with the prettiest move.

runatl

Suspended
Dec 5, 2011
Hack a Shaq stopped Shaq many times.

Kareem?...no way, his roll away, sky hook was ALWAYS money, and if you fouled him, he hit his free throws. It's between Kareem and Bill Russell, W. Chamberlin, Akeem A.

Shaq could score down low but he had weaknesses.

My opinion, everybody is entitled.

Hightower was impressive at Bama and is started for a playoff team's defense. More impressive that 300 lb car salesman. ; )
I want to argue this a little... I'm a basketball nut. But I'll stop, since I didn't realize some people don't want this thread to be about this.

I personally would rather meet Hightower. He played at our school, he helped bring two NC's to our school, and I care nothing about basketball. It's a really simple decision for me. Nkemdiche may feel differently...

Oh, no doubt. I'm totally with you. I'd rather meet Julio Jones than any other athlete. But, looking at it objectively, I gotta concede that Shaq matters more than Hightower in the athletic community.

dWarriors88

All-American
Jan 4, 2009
Tulsa, OK
I want to argue this a little... I'm a basketball nut. But I'll stop, since I didn't realize some people don't want this thread to be about this.

Oh, no doubt. I'm totally with you. I'd rather meet Julio Jones than any other athlete. But, looking at it objectively, I gotta concede that Shaq matters more than Hightower in the athletic community.

I met Julio in 2006 at a spring Jamboree game, There were three teams present, Davidson, Daphne, and Foley. We were all mingling after the game, and all my buddies ran over to number 8 to talk to Him. I had no idea who he was at the time, but everyone else was so über excited to met him, I figured I had better do the same. It wasn't till 2008 I realized how lucky I was.

If I ever get the opportunity to met him again, I would die. My favorite athlete of all time. Julio Jones

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I met Julio in 2006 at a spring Jamboree game, There were three teams present, Davidson, Daphne, and Foley. We were all mingling after the game, and all my buddies ran over to number 8 to talk to Him. I had no idea who he was at the time, but everyone else was so über excited to met him, I figured I had better do the same. It wasn't till 2008 I realized how lucky I was.

If I ever get the opportunity to met him again, I would die. My favorite athlete of all time. Julio Jones
Congratulations on knowing how to spell, and presumably, pronounce über. (It's not "oober.") :D

tidefan39817

All-American
Jan 17, 2006
Bainbridge, Georgia
Shaq is undoubtedly the most dominant player ever. Other than Jordan, he was the most unstoppable force in the NBA ever.

He destroyed everyone he ever matched up against except arugably TD, and was part of probably the best team of all time.

The NBA changed their rules to make it so people could guard Shaq in the late 90s and early 2000s.

Dominant doesn't mean best, but Shaq is a top 5 player in NBA history. And his career only ended 5 years ago for all intents and purposes.

We all love Bama, but how can you guys possibly thing meeting Shaq is less of a big deal than meeting Hightower... People outside of the college football world don't know Hightower. Shaq has been glamorized by being the premier player on the most glamorous team in basketball. Which is also in the second biggest market in the USA. So let's not even compare the two.
can not argue the points but i can say the next time Shaq is seen at an off season workout will be the first. if he had the work ethic of Jordan there would be no argument. that and if he ever hit his free throws. if you wanted to take Shaq out of the game just move him out from under the basket.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I think the original debate was over whether a football recruit would be more wowed over meeting a recent NFL high draft choice over meeting an aging former basketball star. I'm sure there would be a momentary "wow" factor with Shaq, but he can't talk football or playing their position with them. It seems like a no-brainer to me. Here's one of Eddie V's tweets from yesterday. Think about it:

Watching film with Coach Rumph of Marcell Dareus and I def can see the similarity in body type and how we play! Got me excited!

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
Little snippet on espn news with Luginbarn seemed to point towards his mother absent, wonder if that is bad news.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
" Robert, if you come to lsu I can promise we will finish closer to Alabama than ole miss will." - Les Miles facts

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I think the original debate was over whether a football recruit would be more wowed over meeting a recent NFL high draft choice over meeting an aging former basketball star. I'm sure there would be a momentary "wow" factor with Shaq, but he can't talk football or playing their position with them. It seems like a no-brainer to me. Here's one of Eddie V's tweets from yesterday. Think about it:
Yeah, if I were a basketball recruit, I'd be more swayed by Shaq than I would as a football player. A player who recently played on a championship team with the same staff, even if he weren't a huge name, would make more of an impression on me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.