Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Re: Super Bowl thread...

Quote Originally Posted by B1GTide View Post
    I really don't care, but the call in the SB was horrible. If you were a SF fan, you would be very upset right now.
    The 49ers wouldn't have even been in the Superbowl without the exact same call going their way 2 weeks earlier so they can be sad about losing the game but they can't really be upset about that call at all.

The call was the correct one.
    Last edited by JeffAtlanta; February 3rd, 2013 at 10:08 PM.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation All-American CoastGhost's Avatar
    My Mood
    Amused on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by JeffAtlanta View Post
    The 49ers wouldn't have even been in the Superbowl without the exact same call going their way 2 weeks earlier so they can be sad about losing the game but they can't really be upset about that call at all.
    THIS!! Were it not for uncalled holding at the end of the game, the 49ers would have been watching Julio from the house.

Falcons fan?

Falcons fan?
    Not really. Just like consistency - the NFL delivered on that.

Did you not see the 49er-Falcons game?

BamaNation All-American ALA2262's Avatar

I really don't care, but the call in the SB was horrible. If you were a SF fan, you would be very upset right now.
    So you don't care that the same damn call was called the same damn way?

Quote Originally Posted by CoastGhost View Post
    THIS!! Were it not for uncalled holding at the end of the game, the 49ers would have been watching Julio from the house.
    So, to be clear, you guys are okay with the refs deciding games as long as the team that you are pulling for gets the benefit of the calls? At least be consistent. If the Falcons were robbed, so were the 49ers.

I'm pretty bummed....Waited 18 years to get back here. This hurts....badly...

What's even more upsetting? The way we (SF) lost this Super Bowl is the same way we (Bama) lost to A&M. Less than 10 yards to go to get into the endzone to win a game after falling behind BIG early on....And the play calling...Almost the SAME questionable play calls that we (Bama) made (i.e. cutting off half the field and rolling right). Hurt, man...

But at the same time, I have never rooted against the Ravens before tonight. I have so much respect for Ed Reed, Haloti Ngata, Matt Birk, Boldin, Ray Lewis...And not to mention all the Bama ties. So kudos to them. I always thought Reed deserved one because he got there the year after they won the last one. Congrats to the Ravens and their fans....but I hope we can get back next year.
    Last edited by WMack4Bama; February 3rd, 2013 at 10:23 PM.
    "I didn't come to Alabama to win 10 games a year and be a contender. I came here to win championships. Conference championships and national championships. I love it here because that's just not what I want, but what this fanbase expects."
    --Alabama Head Football Coach, Nick Saban

“Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on it’s ability to climb a tree, it will spend it’s whole life believing it is stupid.” — Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by ALA2262 View Post
    So you don't care that the same damn call was called the same damn way?
    I want the players on the field to decide the games - all of the games. I was just as upset at the number of bad calls late in the NFCCG, but since I was a fan of neither team that didn't carry over into the SB with me cheering for more bad calls as long as they hurt the 49ers.

that didn't carry over into the SB with me cheering for more bad calls as long as they hurt the 49ers.
    It wasn't a bad call though - I don't know why you keep claiming that it was. If you want a source, just ask the 49ers as they stated emphatically two weeks ago that defensive holding isn't called in that situation.

It wasn't a bad call though - I don't know why you keep claiming that it was. If you want a source, just ask the 49ers as they stated emphatically two weeks ago that defensive holding isn't called in that situation.
    You are being obtuse.

BamaNation All-American ALA2262's Avatar

I saw as much OPI on the play as DPI. The CB was calling for a flag himself after he was pushed down.

BamaNation Hall of Fame DiamondDust's Avatar

You are being obtuse.
    “We have 45 men suited up. They're all supposed to be ready to play.”

-Bill Belichick

BamaNation All-American CoastGhost's Avatar
    My Mood
    Amused on TideFans.com

So, to be clear, you guys are okay with the refs deciding games as long as the team that you are pulling for gets the benefit of the calls? At least be consistent. If the Falcons were robbed, so were the 49ers.
    Nothing inconsistent. Call it or don't call it but be consistent. They were and the 49ers lose today the same way they won two weeks ago. I am saying that if the non-call went for the 49ers once and the same non-call went against them tonight, we have consistency. Yes - I am a Falcons fan but it seems the 49ers fans are the ones that want it both ways when it benefits them. Anyway, Kapernick has not seen his last Superbowl. Hopefully they trade him to a team that I like