Relaxed on TideFans.com

Re: Super Bowl thread...

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation All-American B1GTide's Avatar
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by JeffAtlanta View Post
    The play that resulted in a safety was brilliant and should have been discussed more. The Ravens deliberately & blatantly holding the 49er rushers so that more time could be run off the clock showed a lot of football smarts.

There was no downside to holding because the Ravens were going to concede a safety anyway.
    Agreed. Brilliant call (the holding) by the special teams coach.

BamaNation First Team fundytide's Avatar

Great game to watch. San Francisco's defensive secondary looked pretty bad all game and I think that was the difference- especially on third down. Maybe SF's secondary isn't used to having to cover so long with the Smith's getting a strong push up front to pressure the QB. Without that pressure, Flacco was able to pick them apart when coverage broke down. Culliver in particular was burned several times and ended up totally lost.

My Mood
    Cynical on TideFans.com

It would be interesting to hear the discussion next Thanksgiving when the Harbaugh boys return home for turkey dinner.

BamaNation All-American CoastGhost's Avatar
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by B1GTide View Post
    LOL - I can see how a Falcons fan would feel this way. And maybe 49ers fans have no reason to cry, with your logic in mind. ---snip--- I can see that you feel differently. We will have to agree to disagree.
    Agreed - and LOL back-with/at-cha - 49ers fans can cry if it works for them or they can look back at 50 other blown opportunities to have won the game without the call. I was glad they made a game of it and FWIW - I was more of an Ozzie, Cody and Upshaw fan last night than anything else! My Falcons yielded when they decided not to hire someone that could handle Vernon Davis over the middle.
    Last edited by CoastGhost; February 4th, 2013 at 07:32 PM.

BamaNation Hall of Fame Crimson1967's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Bamaro View Post
    It would be interesting to hear the discussion next Thanksgiving when the Harbaugh boys return home for turkey dinner.
    One of them may well be working that day.

Super Bowl thread...

Baltimore was probably not a better team than SF, but they were better prepared for this game. Like him or not, part of that was because of Ray Lewis. He's a flawed person, and didn't play particularly well last night, but he's a leader like few others. IMO, the timing of his retirement announcement was exactly for the reason of giving his team the motivation to get to the SB and win it.

As far as my prediction that Kaepernick would get shut down, that didn't really happen. Sure he threw a pick, but for the most part he played with poise and patience. He'll probably be around for a while.
    Discipline.
    Commitment.
    Effort.
    Toughness.
    Pride.
    (http://www.tuscaloosanews.com/article/20100201/news/100209986)