Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Congrats to Courtney Upshaw and Terrance Cody on becoming Super Bowl Champs!

CU played very well...he held his edge much better than did Terrell Suggs. I noticed that Suggs would blitz inside and then Kapernick would run around end. When Courtney was in, he rushed under control and Kapernick could not take off...or at least that's what it seemed to me.
    "The greatest evil in the world is not 'not knowing;' it is not knowing that you do not know." Alfred North Whitehead

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation All-American
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Congrats to Courtney Upshaw and Terrance Cody on becoming Super Bowl Champs!

Quote Originally Posted by Padreruf View Post
    CU played very well...he held his edge much better than did Terrell Suggs. I noticed that Suggs would blitz inside and then Kapernick would run around end. When Courtney was in, he rushed under control and Kapernick could not take off...or at least that's what it seemed to me.
    it's what coach saban and coach smart have preached to the DL when playing a running qb and a lesson that CU clearly held on to.

BamaNation First Team CrimsonPride's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by TideMom2Boys View Post
    Courtney looks really trim and fit in this photo. This conditioning has helped his speed coming off the edge. Congrats!!
    "There's lots of Tigers and Bears, but there's only one Crimson Tide." -Mal Moore
    "It's not the will to win, but the will to prepare to win that makes the difference." - Paul (Bear) Bryant
    "Arguing with a fool proves there are two." - Doris M. Smith

BamaNation Hall of Fame DiamondDust's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

The picture of Upshaw with the trophy is a great contrast to the pictures of him on Draft Day after he got passed over in the first round.
    “We have 45 men suited up. They're all supposed to be ready to play.”

-Bill Belichick

BamaNation All-American Bad Pony's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Re: Congrats to Courtney Upshaw and Terrence Cody on becoming Super Bowl Champs!

Quote Originally Posted by TideFan in AU View Post
    Congrats to you both. Courtney won a BCS NC and a Super Bowl Championship in consecutive years in the same building! That's never been done before!
    I guess it's technically correct since you said BCS but Tony Dorsett won a NC and a Super Bowl in consecutive years in the same building..and it's the same building.....

BamaNation Hall of Fame selmaborntidefan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Re: Congrats to Courtney Upshaw and Terrence Cody on becoming Super Bowl Champs!

Quote Originally Posted by TideFan in AU View Post
    Congrats to you both. Courtney won a BCS NC and a Super Bowl Championship in consecutive years in the same building! That's never been done before!
    Tony Dorsett did that in the 1977 Sugar Bowl and 1978 Super Bowl.
    :13

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Apprehensive on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by 37bamagreats55 View Post
    Let's not forget Ozzie Newsome -- although he already won one as the GM in 2000 (I think).
    He's done a fantastic job with that organization and is a huge part of their success!
    #BamaAlumsRTR
    ^^^^^Yes ^^^^^

BamaNation All-SEC
    Post Thanks / Like

Roll Ravens! I'm sure this Super bowl victory takes a little of the sting out of not being drafted in the first round. Its good to have a little vengeance. Upshaw laid out Kap a few times too on the zone read. Wonder if Kap will remember Upshaws number in his bad dreams? Between Belichek and Ozzie Newsome connections, Bama players have 2 strong NFL teams to filter into.