Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    BamaNation Hall of Fame CajunCrimson's Avatar
    My Mood
    Busy on TideFans.com

Re: Bovada Releases Its 2013 Heisman Winner Odds

Quote Originally Posted by uofaJO1987 View Post
    Yeldon will be splitting carries with Derrick Henry and/or a couple of other backs no way he's even considered for the Heisman. He'd be deserving but we all know the media wouldn't talk him up.
    Well when he gets 1500 yards on 150 carries, and even though Henry gets 1250 yards on 120 carries -- with 18 TDs each -- Yeldon should just eek out the Heisman over Henry......

Raj: Excuse me, I can't be drinking, I'm about to make an important scientific discovery here!
    Howard:What? Galileo did his best work while drinking wine!
    Raj: How do you know that?
    Howard: He was Italian, it's a reasonable assumption.
    Raj: Dude, can you even open your mouth without saying a cultural stereotype?
    Howard: I'm sorry Galileo drank diet sprite!

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation All-American CoastGhost's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

I would take a little of these: 8 choices - all better than 12:1 - hard to lose. Add Thomas and Murray to break even pretty easily. No way Manziel wins after our second game and two years in a row.

A.J. McCarron, QB, Alabama 12/1
    Duke Johnson, RB, Miami 12/1
    Jadeveon Clowney, DE, South Carolina 12/1
    Teddy Bridgewater, QB, Louisville 12/1
    Tajh Boyd, QB, Clemson 15/1
    Taylor Martinez, QB, Nebraska 15/1
    Ameer Abdullah, RB, Nebraska 18/1
    Marcus Mariota, QB, Oregon 18/1
    T.J. Yeldon, RB, Alabama 18/1

BamaNation Hall of Fame Alasippi's Avatar
    My Mood
    Busy on TideFans.com

Things will unveil fairly early. For sure either Manzeil or AJ will be eliminated from contention after the Bama-A@M game.
    Conversely the winner of that game will be the early front runner in my opinion.
    Clowney's chances to a great degree will depend on how good South Carolina is. He could play wonderfully but if they're 8-4 or 9-3 then he probably doesn't have a chance.
    Lee is an incredible wide out but who's going to throw him the ball?
    Boyd and Bridgewater? Again, I think it depends on how good the their teams are.
    I think the Oregon QB is a darkhorse because they'll light up the scoreboard and I don't know if they play anyone who can beat them in the regular season.
    TJ is the best returning back in America in my mind. Even splitting carries if he can average about 125 yards per game I think he has a chance.
    Miller is indeed a front runner but it's all going to come down to the Michigan game. They lose, he's out. If they lose to anybody he's basically out.
    Right this second I'd honestly favor AJ or Manzeil. To the winner goes the spoils! At least early.
    sip

BamaNation All-SEC

Has the preseason Heisman favorite ever actually gone through the season and won the trophy? Barkley and Luck were large favorites the past 2 years. Barkley was not even mentioned at the end of the season. I would put money on Yeldon. There seems to be a trend of underclassmen winning this trophy, and we should be running a lot next year.

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Taylor Matinez being on the list is the funniest thing I have read all morning.

My Mood
    Busy on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by rtcjny View Post
    you got that right lol

BamaNation Hall of Fame
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Martinez did improve a good bit this season as a passer. I don't know if he'd be a logical Heisman candidate.

Quote Originally Posted by DiamondDust View Post
    Yeah... splitting time with other backs really hurt Mark Ingram and Trent Richardson.
    TR have a Heisman Trophy i'm not aware of?

Quote Originally Posted by uofaJO1987 View Post
    Yeldon will be splitting carries with Derrick Henry and/or a couple of other backs no way he's even considered for the Heisman. He'd be deserving but we all know the media wouldn't talk him up.
    Quote Originally Posted by DiamondDust
    Yeah... splitting time with other backs really hurt Mark Ingram and Trent Richardson.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rolltide_PA View Post
    No, but he was considered for the Heisman.

BamaNation Hall of Fame CrimsonChuck's Avatar
    My Mood
    Sassy on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Rolltide_PA View Post
    The one that he would have won in 2011 in an alternate universe where Bama played in the SECCG.
    Lucky #13

BamaNation All-American
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com
    Quote Originally Posted by rtcjny View Post
    I thought Jeff driskel was even worse. Martinez actually had decent numbers and has wow factor.

Driskel was awful last year and they lose most of their offensive talent. I saw Phil Steele say they should be improved on offense but I just don't see it.

BamaNation Hall of Fame
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

It's hard to make a read on the crux of the Florida offensive problem last season. The receivers were mostly unspectacular but Driskel was a very slow decision maker with the ball. He danced in the pocket quite a bit and extended plays where no further extension was available (resulting in sacks, strips, and poor throws).

My Mood
    Busy on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by rgw View Post
    It's hard to make a read on the crux of the Florida offensive problem last season. The receivers were mostly unspectacular but Driskel was a very slow decision maker with the ball. He danced in the pocket quite a bit and extended plays where no further extension was available (resulting in sacks, strips, and poor throws).
    He's Tebow with less leadership ability and less passing ability. And Tebow's not a good passer.