Teddy Bridgewater, QB, Louisville 12/1
Tajh Boyd, QB, Clemson 15/1
Taylor Martinez, QB, Nebraska 15/1
Ameer Abdullah, RB, Nebraska 18/1
Marcus Mariota, QB, Oregon 18/1
T.J. Yeldon, RB, Alabama 18/1
Someone must have been intoxicated or drugged when making this odd:

Jeff Driskel, QB, Florida 30/1
My immediate reaction is Manziel will struggle to repeat because folks will expect more than what they got in 2012. Braxton Miller has a good shot because of the system and the media began hyping him this past season. Not real sure about Marquis Lee.

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
I can't believe Taylor Martinez is even on the list. Maybe they're expecting him to improve this year. I haven't watched all of Nebraska's games, but the guy's arm hasn't impressed me at all.

It's been a while since anyone from the BIG, USC, or the Dome has won. If I were gambling, my money would be on Braxton Miller.

I was thinking everyone would be ready next year for Johnny Manziel until I saw the video of him throwing a ball into a bucket from the top of the stadium. He may be an alien.

CrimsonChuck

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 1999
Philadelphia, PA
Personally, I think that guy McCarron is the best value pick on there at 12 to 1. That guy is going places let me tell you. ;)

And if you believe Reese Davis speculation that McCarron was injured during the latter portion of the season (and finally healthy again for the BCS Championship), then I would put my money on him for sure.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
And if you believe Reese Davis speculation that McCarron was injured during the latter portion of the season (and finally healthy again for the BCS Championship), then I would put my money on him for sure.
That's no speculation. He injured his leg against Mizzou and then his back against Mississippi State.

CrimsonChuck

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 1999
Philadelphia, PA
That's no speculation. He injured his leg against Mizzou and then his back against Mississippi State.
See there you go. He is undervalued here. He should be second behind Manziel instead of a QB who could barely outscore Denard Robinson.

And how could Aaron Murray be 10 to 1, while he is 12 to 1? Also, something to take into account is that McCarron has quite possibly the best WR in the country to throw to and the best WR corp in general.

Last edited:

GreatDanish

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2005
TN
I would certainly go short on Manziel. While I think he's talented and he certainly deserved it this year, I think it will be a tough task to repeat. Teams have a year to plan, they are losing some good OL, and he'll simply be under more pressure.
I would take Yeldon before McCarron.

If I were placing money, I'd take Miller, Murray, or Yeldon. I imagine all three of them will be in the running all year.

uofaJO1987

1st Team
Oct 25, 2011
Highland Home, AL
Yeldon will be splitting carries with Derrick Henry and/or a couple of other backs no way he's even considered for the Heisman. He'd be deserving but we all know the media wouldn't talk him up.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Yeldon will be splitting carries with Derrick Henry and/or a couple of other backs no way he's even considered for the Heisman. He'd be deserving but we all know the media wouldn't talk him up.
Well when he gets 1500 yards on 150 carries, and even though Henry gets 1250 yards on 120 carries -- with 18 TDs each -- Yeldon should just eek out the Heisman over Henry......

;)

CoastGhost

Suspended
Sep 5, 2009
North Carolina
I would take a little of these: 8 choices - all better than 12:1 - hard to lose. Add Thomas and Murray to break even pretty easily. No way Manziel wins after our second game and two years in a row.

A.J. McCarron, QB, Alabama 12/1
Duke Johnson, RB, Miami 12/1
Jadeveon Clowney, DE, South Carolina 12/1
Teddy Bridgewater, QB, Louisville 12/1
Tajh Boyd, QB, Clemson 15/1
Taylor Martinez, QB, Nebraska 15/1
Ameer Abdullah, RB, Nebraska 18/1
Marcus Mariota, QB, Oregon 18/1
T.J. Yeldon, RB, Alabama 18/1

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
Things will unveil fairly early. For sure either Manzeil or AJ will be eliminated from contention after the Bama-A@M game.
Conversely the winner of that game will be the early front runner in my opinion.
Clowney's chances to a great degree will depend on how good South Carolina is. He could play wonderfully but if they're 8-4 or 9-3 then he probably doesn't have a chance.
Lee is an incredible wide out but who's going to throw him the ball?
Boyd and Bridgewater? Again, I think it depends on how good the their teams are.
I think the Oregon QB is a darkhorse because they'll light up the scoreboard and I don't know if they play anyone who can beat them in the regular season.
TJ is the best returning back in America in my mind. Even splitting carries if he can average about 125 yards per game I think he has a chance.
Miller is indeed a front runner but it's all going to come down to the Michigan game. They lose, he's out. If they lose to anybody he's basically out.
Right this second I'd honestly favor AJ or Manzeil. To the winner goes the spoils! At least early.
sip

glasscutter256

All-American
Jan 31, 2009
Huntsville
Has the preseason Heisman favorite ever actually gone through the season and won the trophy? Barkley and Luck were large favorites the past 2 years. Barkley was not even mentioned at the end of the season. I would put money on Yeldon. There seems to be a trend of underclassmen winning this trophy, and we should be running a lot next year.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Martinez did improve a good bit this season as a passer. I don't know if he'd be a logical Heisman candidate.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.