Bovada Releases Its 2013 Heisman Winner Odds

GreatDanish

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2005
TN
Yeldon will be splitting carries with Derrick Henry and/or a couple of other backs no way he's even considered for the Heisman. He'd be deserving but we all know the media wouldn't talk him up.
DiamondDust said:
Yeah... splitting time with other backs really hurt Mark Ingram and Trent Richardson.
TR have a Heisman Trophy i'm not aware of? :confused:
No, but he was considered for the Heisman.

RollTide1224

All-American
Feb 18, 2008
Spartanburg, SC
Taylor Matinez being on the list is the funniest thing I have read all morning.
I thought Jeff driskel was even worse. Martinez actually had decent numbers and has wow factor.

Driskel was awful last year and they lose most of their offensive talent. I saw Phil Steele say they should be improved on offense but I just don't see it.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
It's hard to make a read on the crux of the Florida offensive problem last season. The receivers were mostly unspectacular but Driskel was a very slow decision maker with the ball. He danced in the pocket quite a bit and extended plays where no further extension was available (resulting in sacks, strips, and poor throws).

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
It's hard to make a read on the crux of the Florida offensive problem last season. The receivers were mostly unspectacular but Driskel was a very slow decision maker with the ball. He danced in the pocket quite a bit and extended plays where no further extension was available (resulting in sacks, strips, and poor throws).
He's Tebow with less leadership ability and less passing ability. And Tebow's not a good passer.

Nolan

Hall of Fame
Jul 4, 2006
Oahu
Clowney has a good chance even as a defensive guy. Dude's legit. I think everyone sees that.

uofaJO1987

1st Team
Oct 25, 2011
Highland Home, AL
Yeah... splitting time with other backs really hurt Mark Ingram and Trent Richardson.
2012 stats

Yeldon- 175 attempts for 1108 yards

Lacy- 204 attempts for 1322 yards

2011 stats

Richardson- 283 attempts for 1679 yards

Lacy- 95 attempts for 674 yards

2009 stats

Ingram- 271 attempts for 1658 yards

Richardson- 145 attempts for 751 yards

In the seasons Richardson and Ingram made the trip to New York they made the majority of the carries. If the carries are split next year like they were this year there is slim to none chance Yeldon or any other back from Alabama are in New York. I see no reason to believe Yeldon will make the majority of the carries considering Fowler should be back. Then throw in Drake, Henry, and possibly Hart (if he ever plays again), and I just don't see any running back from Alabama up for the Heisman. Now if for some reason Yeldon's numbers line up with what Ingram and Richardson did in '09 and '11, then yeah he might be in that position, but until then I don't see it.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.