RB Alex Collins Commits to Arkansas, Mom Runs Off with LOI

DocCrimson

All-SEC
Jan 3, 2010
East TN
I feel so bad for this kid.
Same here! I didn't see the interview Monday night, but didn't everyone on here talk about how well spoken he seemed to be? Hard to believe someone's mother would act quite like that. Making him wait a day is one thing, literally running off with his LOI is another.

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
Same here! I didn't see the interview Monday night, but didn't everyone on here talk about how well spoken he seemed to be? Hard to believe someone's mother would act quite like that. Making him wait a day is one thing, literally running off with his LOI is another.

He was the most well spoken kid I watched in all of recruiting this year. He really blew me away with that. He would seem to have a good enough head on his shoulders that his Mom would let him sing where he thought best. She needs to grow up, because her son already has...

CrimsonChuck

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 1999
Philadelphia, PA
Re: Alex Collins Commits to Arkansas

any update here?
Getting crazier, if that was even possible.

http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/02/07/3221997/alex-collins-family-hires-lawyer.html

The mother of South Plantation High running back Alex Collins has hired an attorney with the Cochran firm to represent the family "while she contemplates on signing the NCAA's Letter of Intent" that will decide where her son plays football in college.

The firm, founded by O.J. Simpson lawyer Johnnie L. Cochran, made the announcement Thursday.
The article did say that he is scheduled to announce 30 minutes from now.

peariver

1st Team
Jan 31, 2009
SW Georgia

https://twitter.com/RazorbackFB/status/299587885227704320

It doesn't say who signed it though. :biggrin2:
Based on the link to the Miami Herald article, looks like dad did???

I assume they are divorced, or soon to be... No clue on custody, but would think the son would have the option to choose which parent at his age so I think his commitment will stick. Congrats to him and Arkansas.

chittlins

2nd Team
Sep 5, 2007

We sent word that Mossy Oak, particularly Bottomland and Duck Blind are the camo patterns to have in Arkansas. But we appreciate the effort on his part.

IMALOYAL1

All-American
Oct 28, 2000
Birmingham AL

I think it's good the parent has to sign as well as the student. It's uncommon the two can't get together and decide what's best. Arkansas is clearly the winner over Miami in my book.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama

I think it's good the parent has to sign as well as the student. It's uncommon the two can't get together and decide what's best. Arkansas is clearly the winner over Miami in my book.
I think Collins is the winner in this deal..With the NCAA mess in Miami looming..Arkansas was clearly the best choice for him..

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.