Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 273031323334353637
    BamaNation Hall of Fame bamacon's Avatar

***Official ALABAMA LOI Received Thread***

SIX 5 star, 14 4-star ... Got some serious firepower today. Great job goes out to the staff, to our players, and to all our recruiting gurus. Appreciate y'all a great deal. Thx for a wonderful NSD!

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Hall of Fame
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Re: ***Official ALABAMA LOI Received Thread***

Reflecting back on the classes, I think 2009 may end up better than 2008 but the class of 2008 meant much more to the program. Several guys from that class were key in the 2008 season turnaround and led the 2009 championship team. That 2009 class gets overlooked a bit but it is just as stacked. AJ McCarron is a probable first-round QB. Fluker, Warmack, and Carpenter are all NFL starting OL by next season (Steen has a chance to star this year). Richardson and Lacy are both NFL backs. Dre Kirkpatrick was a high pick. Nico Johnson, Kenny Bell, and Kevin Norwood have all been instrumental contributors.

It's crazy that our level of recruiting has made the 2010 class a relative bust by comparison.

I think recruiting is what drives CNS. He can only coach 13-14 days a year, but he can recruit the rest of the time. He said the staff worked on the '14 class yesterday. While other staffs where sitting around celebrating their '13 class our coaches were already looking forward to next year!

This is the very reason he found his place in football is in the college ranks. He gets 25 "draft" picks a year and they are arguably 25 first round picks. We wait in line for only a few recruits that choose another route, but for the most part CNS can pick and choose the 18 year old men children that he wants to implement into the direction of his program.

What we are seeing right now (3 out of 4 BCSNCs) is the result of the CNS college draft each year. What's amazing is the program is only getting stronger with a haul like we saw yesterday!!!

BamaNation All-SEC

Quote Originally Posted by BamaMoon View Post
    I think recruiting is what drives CNS. He can only coach 13-14 days a year, but he can recruit the rest of the time. He said the staff worked on the '14 class yesterday. While other staffs where sitting around celebrating their '13 class our coaches were already looking forward to next year!

This is the very reason he found his place in football is in the college ranks. He gets 25 "draft" picks a year and they are arguably 25 first round picks. We wait in line for only a few recruits that choose another route, but for the most part CNS can pick and choose the 18 year old men children that he wants to implement into the direction of his program.

What we are seeing right now (3 out of 4 BCSNCs) is the result of the CNS college draft each year. What's amazing is the program is only getting stronger with a haul like we saw yesterday!!!
    Every year, I expect a dropoff due to the amoutn of talent on already on campus....every year, we have as good, if not better, class coming in.

It defies the laws of recruiting or something...
    Truly amazing to sit back and watch.

BamaNation First Team wishbonedays's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bamafaninOhiO View Post
    Every year, I expect a dropoff due to the amoutn of talent on already on campus....every year, we have as good, if not better, class coming in.

It defies the laws of recruiting or something...
    Truly amazing to sit back and watch.
    I feel the same way...I remember several years ago "talking up" a top 20 recruiting class during a conversation with fellow Alabama fans, although I was not really all that optimisic about what the future held...now I can look at where the program is and just sit back and be amazed at what "The Process" has wrought. Truly a great time to be a Bama fan. As a former player I am truly thankful that Coach Saban is our coach.
    22 30
    "If I didn't think you could do it, I wouldn't ask you to try."
    Coach Paul Bryant, telling his players of the switch to the wishbone, Fall camp 1971.

BamaNation First Team marcusroby's Avatar

The ten years prior to CNS's arrival just make me appreciate the present that much more. They say all good things come to an end so I'm enjoying this to the fullest.