DL Eddie Vanderdoes signs with ND

DocCrimson

All-SEC
Jan 3, 2010
East TN
Falling out with the staff supposedly. Also from my understanding is if he can't get into ND academically but clears the Clearinghouse then he is free to enroll and play where he wants..
So in other words, there is sometimes a good reason to tank academically if you choose the wrong school? That's a frightening thought...

bamafaninOhiO

All-American
May 11, 2010
Dayton, Ohio
So in other words, there is sometimes a good reason to tank academically if you choose the wrong school? That's a frightening thought...
its just poor recruiting on Notre Dames coaching staff...they must know their schools requirements and make sure that the players they recruit can qualify, or they just lose a sccholarship for the season...

RTRCharlotte

Scout Team
Jul 26, 2010
Falling out with the staff supposedly. Also from my understanding is if he can't get into ND academically but clears the Clearinghouse then he is free to enroll and play where he wants..

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2
The clearinghouse is part of the NCAA and the standards are the same no matter what the school. I think ND would like everyone to think its academics when it's just plan old cold feet.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
The clearinghouse is part of the NCAA and the standards are the same no matter what the school. I think ND would like everyone to think its academics when it's just plan old cold feet.
Are you sure? I remember Mike Ford going to USF because I thought he couldn't get in here but could in Tampa or am I wrong?

Airborne Tider

All-American
Aug 2, 2008
Fort Benning
Maybe so. That's just the reports from ND sources. But I don't think your right about the standards. I don't a 2.0 student would ever be admitted to a school like Stanford. And although it doesn't apply here we have seen people go the partial qualifier route to lesser schools.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

brutetough

1st Team
Dec 11, 2010
somehow i thought ucla is ranked higher for academics than ND. if he tanks his scores on purpose, he may not be able to get in ucla either.

TheRealPokeChop

Hall of Fame
Jul 7, 2010
Hueytown, Al
I think that schools can have their own standards for admission irrespective of the NCAA.
yes, a schools admission standards can be equal to or higher than the NCAA or their conference's rules. Though sometimes, like in the Alfy Hill case, The NCAA can randomly shoot down a students body of work and send them packing. That last sentence is only partly sarcastic.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Are you sure? I remember Mike Ford going to USF because I thought he couldn't get in here but could in Tampa or am I wrong?
Yes. Mike Ford went to USF rather than Bama for the same reason Peanut Whitehead went to Louisville: both schools, at the time (not sure if they still do), accepted partial qualifiers.
yes, a schools admission standards can be equal to or higher than the NCAA or their conference's rules. Though sometimes, like in the Alfy Hill case, The NCAA can randomly shoot down a students body of work and send them packing. That last sentence is only partly sarcastic.
Alfy's name came up in the thread discussing EV on the football board. He's traveled more than most minor league players. The NCAA may have not been wrong in his case.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007
Lot of talk last night that he was going to be releasing some sort of a statement, but that hasn't came to pass just yet.

Truth be told, I figure the biggest issue at this point is just trying to work out the exact specifics of his release at Notre Dame.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Lot of talk last night that he was going to be releasing some sort of a statement, but that hasn't came to pass just yet.

Truth be told, I figure the biggest issue at this point is just trying to work out the exact specifics of his release at Notre Dame.
He did the best thing in PR yesterday. He released a statement saying he was going to release a statement to provide the details of his situation.

RTRCharlotte

Scout Team
Jul 26, 2010
I'm sure that ND wants the public to believe that this has to do with character or academic issues. Let's see if they make any attempt to dispel the rumors.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.