***OL/DL A'Shawn Robinson signs with Bama***

Ty Webb

Suspended
Feb 3, 2012
Looks impressive on OL and DL. Watching video his ceiling looks a little higher as a OT. However, with some additional weight he could become a dominant NG.

What side of the ball is he expected to start?

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Here's an awesome interview from ESPN..I love his answer about Alabama that appeals to him.."They Win".."All They Do Is Win"..Very well spoken kid..Great addition to this class..

bamafaninOhiO

All-American
May 11, 2010
Dayton, Ohio
I hope you're right, but there have only been a handful of guys in the history of football that were in Reggie's league. I'll believe it when I see it.
we make those comparisons every year, and itas fun to make them, but I'd rather him be Ashawn Robinson, and become his own beast!
;)

DurdenTider

All-SEC
Jan 3, 2011
Mobile, AL
That article did kinda read like it could be Robinson but considering all the camps he went to and the effort he put in those camps and all star games, I'd be surprised if it was him. Every player takes off some plays due to fatigue and scheme but from what I've seen of AR, I'm not worried at all.

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006
Scout lists intensity/effort as his room for improvement. If that's his only room for improvement, I'm very glad we got him because other kids have come with that problem and have done well. He got great reviews from the AA game. It's just sour grapes IMHO.

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
When you are that much better then your competition in HS, which AR would have been...even in Texas, it's easy to give little effort. I played Football a long time, and remember a ton of times effort was 100% because there was little to no need...

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
The most important factor is his raw talent..Obviously he impressed our coaching staff at our camp..The 4th Quarter Program & his teammates will bring out the intensity level..That's why he came to Bama..

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.