OT Laremy Tunsil signs with Ole Miss

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!

skrayper77

All-American
Sep 4, 2003
Re: OT Laremy Tunsil signs with Ole Mi$$

Ole Miss is tempting the NCAA's wrath with the rampant money changing hands over there.

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland
Re: OT Laremy Tunsil...(8:35am CT ESPNU)

Anyone sick of the Ole Miss love-fest on ESPN U right now? Coaches jumping up and down. Very clear what is happenning in Oxford right now. Ole Miss fans are very delusional. They do not care how they get players.
they seem very Bush League as a staff....

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Anyone sick of the Ole Miss love-fest on ESPN U right now? Coaches jumping up and down. Very clear what is happenning in Oxford right now. Ole Miss fans are very delusional. They do not care how they get players.
Reminds me of the 2010 Auburn signing class and the coaching staff's reaction.

First Sergeant

Suspended
Jan 17, 2009

Everyone who thinks it through logically knows what is going on here.

Also, if you notice, it seems Ole Miss really started picking up top tier guys once the NCAA started a new demonstration of their ineptitude (in the Miami case). This is how you can try to beat Saban...

Having said that, hard to believe some are buying into it. Ole Miss did not have a great season. If they are lucky, in the next few years they'll be in a dogfight with LSU and Texas A&M for second or third in the SEC West.

Personally, I believe they had a pretty good season. They might not have been world beaters but they were very competitive in every game that I watched. I definately think they were miles ahead from where they were the year before....the difference??? I think Coach Freeze has something to do with it....could it be money switching hands? possibly but it could be that young recruits saw what I saw throughout their season, a team that seems to be headed in the right direction with plenty of playing time available if you want on the field early, and with what seems like a good coach....just my opinion....RTR!

bamafaninOhiO

All-American
May 11, 2010
Dayton, Ohio

Personally, I believe they had a pretty good season. They might not have been world beaters but they were very competitive in every game that I watched. I definately think they were miles ahead from where they were the year before....the difference??? I think Coach Freeze has something to do with it....could it be money switching hands? possibly but it could be that young recruits saw what I saw throughout their season, a team that seems to be headed in the right direction with plenty of playing time available if you want on the field early, and with what seems like a good coach....just my opinion....RTR!

Nkemdiche was not a suprise, as his brother plays there already.
Connor, well, from south Panola, so thats not a shocker to me either...as many have said, hard to get them from that area.

Laremy was a suprise, but they have a need and could have sold him on PT and helping build on their success on the field last season....and going from the disaster of the previous season to the decent season they had last year does show huge progress under the new coaches.

Not saying there isnt anything fishy, just that there are other possibilities for it also.

Airborne Tider

All-American
Aug 2, 2008
Fort Benning

I think many people are incorrectly assuming that people are just shooting off at the mouth with baseless accusations. There is fire causing the smoke and to be honest can you blame Ole Miss? Auburn did it and won a NC. What do they have to lose? They get caught, which is unlikely unless there is actual, physical, hard evidence, they go back to a 5 or 6 win team. They have basically sacrificed nothing for the chance to be competitive and the NCAA is hamstringed right now by the Miami debacle. It's really not that hard to believe.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL

Ole Miss hasn't won anything of consequence since 1959. I'm not going to lose sleep over any of this. They'll need 3 or 4 of these kinds of classes strung together to make a dent in the SEC West. The current staff will either be long gone or on probation by then.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art

I definately think they were miles ahead from where they were the year before....the difference??? I think Coach Freeze has something to do with it....
They did show improvement, but that's kind of like saying a dead dog stinks less. It's bound to happen sooner or later.

What did they do that Texas A&M didn't? New coach, much more success, but you didn't see that sort of recruiting class, even though Texas has much more native talent to begin with, and A&M both has more money and a much better history.

I think the scenario is more like this. Freeze had enough success for the boosters to seriously consider throwing their money around, and the NCAA happens to show that even getting caught red handed might not be enough to punish a school. The two factors combined to bring in some of the kids that were for sale. Ole Miss was able to close on a significant portion of the talent that was available, which could be interpreted as Ole Miss signed a lot of the top remaining free agents.

Mind you, I can see the logic for a few of these kids signing, but take someone like Tunsil, what he said, what he did up until he leaned Ole Miss and try to find the logic. Then, add in Golson, and the fact that he said he didn't want to play with Tunsil. Just take their recruitment, how they were leaning, what just those two said, two kids from Florida and Alabama, and try to figure out what really would draw them to Ole Miss late in the process.

Lightning doesn't strike in the same spot twice, and in the case of Ole Miss, who never even had a top 20 kid before, lighting struck several times recently. It's ridiculous and obvious what is going on.

CapstoneGrad06

Hall of Fame
Jan 19, 2006
Houston, Texas

His recruitment was exactly like that of Cyrus Kouandjio. Thought to be a longtime favorite to sign with one program, visits an off-the-radar program at the last minute, and commits/signs with them. Except in this case, there was no one to step in and talk sense into him.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

His recruitment was exactly like that of Cyrus Kouandjio. Thought to be a longtime favorite to sign with one program, visits an off-the-radar program at the last minute, and commits/signs with them. Except in this case, there was no one to step in and talk sense into him.
And that goes right with my feeling that this Ole Miss class resembles Auburn's 2010 class.

Lost in TN

1st Team
Sep 20, 2009
Collierville, TN

They did show improvement, but that's kind of like saying a dead dog stinks less. It's bound to happen sooner or later.

What did they do that Texas A&M didn't? New coach, much more success, but you didn't see that sort of recruiting class, even though Texas has much more native talent to begin with, and A&M both has more money and a much better history.

I think the scenario is more like this. Freeze had enough success for the boosters to seriously consider throwing their money around, and the NCAA happens to show that even getting caught red handed might not be enough to punish a school. The two factors combined to bring in some of the kids that were for sale. Ole Miss was able to close on a significant portion of the talent that was available, which could be interpreted as Ole Miss signed a lot of the top remaining free agents.

Mind you, I can see the logic for a few of these kids signing, but take someone like Tunsil, what he said, what he did up until he leaned Ole Miss and try to find the logic. Then, add in Golson, and the fact that he said he didn't want to play with Tunsil. Just take their recruitment, how they were leaning, what just those two said, two kids from Florida and Alabama, and try to figure out what really would draw them to Ole Miss late in the process.

Lightning doesn't strike in the same spot twice, and in the case of Ole Miss, who never even had a top 20 kid before, lighting struck several times recently. It's ridiculous and obvious what is going on.
Did Golson have a legitimate committable offer anywhere else. I know that he was committed to FSU but that went south without much explanation (I read as he did not have anything but a contingent offer) and he was never really discussed as a Bama or Aubbie possibility (I read as no real offer in spite of being from Prattville).

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art

Did Golson have a legitimate committable offer anywhere else.
I wouldn't know for sure, but his offer list was pretty extensive and it's hard to figure out why he would basically play the one place he said he didn't want to play.

It's not just those two, the Ole Miss class is basically two classes. One is a rather pedestrian class, and the other is a blue chip haul that has been referred to as "unprecedented". They didn't get a bunch of long-time leans, they got a bunch of the top undecided kids in the country. What on earth could they offer that would make up that many kids minds all of the sudden?

A lot of people start mumbling about Ole Miss when Treadwill committed. #1 WR, 5 star, #1 in Illinois and he decides he wants to play in Mississippi? He chooses them over Alabama, USC, Florida, Oregon, Michigan, Notre Dame, Oklahoma, etc...

BamaSam1

Scout Team
Dec 12, 2011

Well Laremy, you had the opportunity to be a part of the "PROCESS" but instead chose to be a victim of it.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.