OT Laremy Tunsil signs with Ole Miss

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Re: OT Laremy Tunsil...(8:35am CT ESPNU)

Really surprised at how Ole Miss made a late play on him.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa

I don't want to assume Ole Miss impropriety. I guess I'm bias because my uncle played there in the 1980s. Freeze is an up-and-comer and they vastly overachieved their talent in year one despite a hard schedule.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

I don't want to assume Ole Miss impropriety. I guess I'm bias because my uncle played there in the 1980s. Freeze is an up-and-comer and they vastly overachieved their talent in year one despite a hard schedule.
One player cannot bring all the top talent that Ole Miss is getting. Neither can an "up and coming" coach entering his 4th season of coaching after going 7-6 the previous season.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art

Everyone who thinks it through logically knows what is going on here.

Also, if you notice, it seems Ole Miss really started picking up top tier guys once the NCAA started a new demonstration of their ineptitude (in the Miami case). This is how you can try to beat Saban...

Having said that, hard to believe some are buying into it. Ole Miss did not have a great season. If they are lucky, in the next few years they'll be in a dogfight with LSU and Texas A&M for second or third in the SEC West.

tidefan26

1st Team
Dec 5, 2005
South Alabama

As it has been said in other threads, getting them on campus is one thing, developing them is another. LT may be all world, but someone like Jadeveon Clowney or even Denzel Deval (to use someone closer to his age) would whip him right now.

bamabelle1991

All-American
Jan 1, 2009
South Alabama

Of all people to put this in perspective, it is Gene chizik on ESPNU. LOL. He basically said it is GREAT today for OM but if they can't deliver come next fall, the fans will be extremely disappointed. The staff is setting up the fans for disappointment coming off a 3-5 SEC record. Tell it Cheeze Nip!!

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa

As it has been said in other threads, getting them on campus is one thing, developing them is another. LT may be all world, but someone like Jadeveon Clowney or even Denzel Deval (to use someone closer to his age) would whip him right now.
Very true but I don't think there are many left tackles out there ready to handle the elite of SEC edge rushers in year one.

bamamc1

Hall of Fame
Oct 24, 2011
Haleyville, AL

Of all people to put this in perspective, it is Gene chizik on ESPNU. LOL. He basically said it is GREAT today for OM but if they can't deliver come next fall, the fans will be extremely disappointed. The staff is setting up the fans for disappointment coming off a 3-5 SEC record. Tell it Cheeze Nip!!
He is an authority figure on not delivering.

ptw1961

1st Team
Dec 8, 2011

Anyone sick of the Ole Miss love-fest on ESPN U right now? Coaches jumping up and down. Very clear what is happenning in Oxford right now. Ole Miss fans are very delusional. They do not care how they get players.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.