Chad Bumphis Tweet

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I think he was from Memphis. If so Starkvegas is not much closer than Tuscaloosa. Oxford is geographically speaking close to Memphis.
Bumphis played at Tupelo High School, which would still be closer to Oxford than Starkville or Tuscaloosa.

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL
Let's be honest here people. Wouldn't you have to be paid to willingly spend 3-5 years of your life in Starkville, Mississippi?
I couldn't stand to spend that long in Starkville if I had a stroke, lapsed into a coma and was laid up in a hospital there. I'm sure Mrs. Reb would do me the favor of putting me out of my misery and hauling me back to AL before she'd let the MS stink invade my body. I also think she'd have the good sense to not bury me there, even if the Gov of MS paid her.

skrayper77

All-American
Sep 4, 2003
Let's be honest here people. Wouldn't you have to be paid to willingly spend 3-5 years of your life in Starkville, Mississippi?
Spent a year there, on schollie.

The answer to your question is yes.

When people talk about driving to Tuscaloosa to do, well, anything?

I love Tuscaloosa, but it amazed me I'd have to drive 90 minutes out of a college town to do much.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

I love Tuscaloosa, but it amazed me I'd have to drive 90 minutes out of a college town to do much.
I lived in Aberdeen for 5 years. My mom worked in Columbus in the Baptist Hospital OR. She had coworkers that would drive to Tuscaloosa to get their haircut. People would take the day off to go shop at University Mall. When we first moved, my sister and I laughed when we saw the "mall" in Columbus.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs

why did you leave after a year?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.