Tuscaloosa
These are my Predictions as of Right Now and are Subject to Change
1) Dee Liner
2)Alvin Kamara
3)A'Shawn Robinson
(I was wrong on the rest)
4)Tony Conner to ole miss
5)Eddie Vanderdoes to ND
(IMO Walker Jones Grey Shirts ) (Updated Looking like we just take five)
6)Jarran Reed (updated going to UF unless he gets the go ahead)
Wild Cards:
1)Laremy Tunsil (Ole Miss ,but if he changed his mind we would find a way)
2)Montravius Adams (Hearing different things so I can't make a call)

Gray Shirt if he wants it:
1)Henry Poggi (updated going to UM)

Last edited:

SeattleBama

All-SEC
Aug 6, 2008
These are my Predictions as of Right Now and are Subject to Change
1) Dee Liner
2)Alvin Kamara
3)A'Shawn Robinson
4)Tony Conner
5)Eddie Vanderdoes
(IMO Walker Jones Grey Shirts )
6)Jarran Reed
Wild Cards:
1)Laremy Tunsil (Ole Miss ,but if he changed his mind we would find a way)
2)Montravius Adams (Hearing different things so I can't make a call)

Gray Shirt if he wants it:
1)Henry Poggi
Seems reasonable. Looks like there will be no room for "Surprises" this year.

bamafaninOhiO

All-American
May 11, 2010
Dayton, Ohio

peariver

1st Team
Jan 31, 2009
SW Georgia
Assuming we only have four slots left, my guess based on mostly what I have read here and recruitniks predictions.
1. Liner
2. Kamara
3. Robinson
4. Reed

jambama1

All-American
Aug 1, 2005
Tuscaloosa
so you still feel eddie vanderdoes is ours?
Yes, EV wants BAMA. He wants to go out of state as well. (that was my last info on the matter) I will try and update periodically during the day. If you guys haven't noticed this has to be the Craziest Signing Day ever.

jambama1

All-American
Aug 1, 2005
Tuscaloosa
Vonn Bell
I didn't put him in there because he got squeezed out. I wish we had a spot for him ,but this is why you don't wait around. Any other class he would have a spot regardless. He goes to UT,but he really wants to be @ BAMA.

bamafaninOhiO

All-American
May 11, 2010
Dayton, Ohio
Yes, EV wants BAMA. He wants to go out of state as well. (that was my last info on the matter) I will try and update periodically during the day. If you guys haven't noticed this has to be the Craziest Signing Day ever.
theres lots info out there that says he may end up staying in state due to family preferences.
Hope im wrong, put i think a strong possibility he doesnt sign with Bama.

bamafaninOhiO

All-American
May 11, 2010
Dayton, Ohio
Assuming we only have four slots left, my guess based on mostly what I have read here and recruitniks predictions.
1. Liner
2. Kamara
3. Robinson
4. Reed
I think those are the solids as of now.

if we have any others, they would go to other possible options, not sure of the rankings based on class needs..

jambama1

All-American
Aug 1, 2005
Tuscaloosa
So jam, how do we get to six slots? Two academic casualties?
IMO Walker Jones Gray shirts and I think we have two back counting slots from last year (hill, & Dixon) I've also given up on trying to figure out the numbers. Saban make more than me so he can have the Headache. ;)

rhm54

1st Team
Nov 30, 2006
I need someone with more knowledge about team numbers to explain this to me. Let's say that Alvin Kamara commits to the tide tomorrow. If that happens we will have 8 RB on Scholarship. That is almost 10% of our scholarship players at one position. That just seems like a lot, are some of these guys going to shift positions?

jambama1

All-American
Aug 1, 2005
Tuscaloosa
theres lots info out there that says he may end up staying in state due to family preferences.
Hope im wrong, put i think a strong possibility he doesnt sign with Bama.
Hey I can be wrong, but it is high likely he signs with ND or BAMA. Mom likes ND , DAD UCLA, Himself BAMA. (things can change but thats what I've heard)

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
I will move this from another thread to here... I added in some comments in bold...

My updated projections:

I almost loathe recruiting as much as I love it. The daily change, the never REALLY knowing, the minds of teenagers. With that being said, I will ATTEMPT to project our last few spots, and where some other big names. As I always say, recruiting is too fluid to pin down at times, so these could change in the next 24 hours.

Alvin Kamara - This, to me, is lock of the century. Kamara said his the top thing in choosing a school is comfort level, and he ALWAYS mentions how comfortable he is in Tuscaloosa. On a scale of 1 to 10, the shock I would have if he didn't commit to UA would be a 9.

Dee Liner - Either the worst kept secret in all of football, or the biggest shame. Liner has seemed to be a lock since the moment he decommitted from *U. Nothing has changed. On a scale of 1 to 10, the shock I would have if he didn't commit to UA would be an 8.

Ashawn Robinson - He is man enough to tell UT coaches face to face that he is decommitting, but they can't keep it from leaking? Good move UT. Robinson, when interviewed after, also removed USC from his list of schools. Although he said his commitment to UA hadn't happened, when your final three is UA, UT, and USC and you eliminate two of them...the writing is on the wall. On a scale of 1 to 10, the shock I would have if he didn't commit to UA would be a 10.

Jaran Reed - He wants to attend UA. Unless we have a numbers crunch, he's in. I don't see that being a problem, as I did before. I think he will be the final piece of our class. On a scale of 1 to 10, the shock I would have if he didn't commit to UA would be a 7.

others..

Antonio Conner - I really believe this kid wants to come to UA. I really don't think he makes it out of Mississippi. He may walk on the field and start for Ole Miss from day one, is is that talented and has that kind of football IQ. He should be successful wherever he goes. I would LOVE to have him in crimson, but I think he ends up with the Rebels. On a scale of 1 to 10, the shock I would have if he DOES commit to UA would be a 7.

Eddie Vanderdoes - Easily my favorite commit in this class, I would REALLY like to land him. As of 24 hours ago, I thought it was all but a done deal. What a difference a day makes. As I said in his recruiting thread, I will eat crow on this and say UCLA is not only in it, but the place he winds up. Great land for them. I think he can make an instant impact there. Some sources are saying his LOI to UCLA is already signed. On a scale of 1 to 10, the shock I would have if he does commit to UA would be a 5.

Montravious Adams - A real sleeper in this class, as he has been fairly silent. It had been reported that over the last few weeks he had reached out to the UA staff. I believe this to be true, and I believe we vaulted into second place with him...but, I think he'll end up at *U. This seemd like a race between UGA and Clemson for a while, but he would prefer the SEC (bye bye Clemson) and *U has landed enough quality commits down the stretch to get Adams attention. They, I am sure, offered him the world...and I believe he takes it. On a scale of 1 to 10, the shock I would have if he does commit to UA would be a 9.

Henry Poggi - I think he ends up at UM despite everything. Don't know why really. I HOPE he takes a GS offer though.

jambama1

All-American
Aug 1, 2005
Tuscaloosa
I need someone with more knowledge about team numbers to explain this to me. Let's say that Alvin Kamara commits to the tide tomorrow. If that happens we will have 8 RB on Scholarship. That is almost 10% of our scholarship players at one position. That just seems like a lot, are some of these guys going to shift positions?
Fowler is more of a FB and how did all those Rb's we had last year work out? Karma is a Harvin type player that will line up any where.

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
As said, Fowler is more a FB or HB. Dee Hart has no guarantee of being 100%. That leaves 6, four being Freshmen. Who's to say one or all of them won't push Drake or TJ? Who's to say that we stay healthy?

peariver

1st Team
Jan 31, 2009
SW Georgia
IMO Walker Jones Gray shirts and I think we have two back counting slots from last year (hill, & Dixon) I've also given up on trying to figure out the numbers. Saban make more than me so he can have the Headache. ;)
I understand and don't think we pay him enough. I only had one backcounter Hill and subtracted Bozeman as a grey shirt giving us 27, if there is another backcounter we could go to 28 with greyshirts and 29 if you are correct on Walker Jones which would mean we could sign six more tomorrow. Wow, can't wait for it to get here.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
As said, Fowler is more a FB or HB. Dee Hart has no guarantee of being 100%. That leaves 6, four being Freshmen. Who's to say one or all of them won't push Drake or TJ? Who's to say that we stay healthy?
There is Dee Hart also so that would be 7 (if he comes back full strength). I'm assuming we will take one RB at the most in 2014.

jambama1

All-American
Aug 1, 2005
Tuscaloosa
There is Dee Hart also so that would be 7 (if he comes back full strength). I'm assuming we will take one RB at the most in 2014.
And you would be way off. Thomas (huge lean)and Bo (already in the fold) We are also going after the Number 2 player in LF and his coach is a current player dad. LF also really like Bama.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.