Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    My Mood
    Aggressive0 on TideFans.com

ThumbsUp Re: President Obama Talks Reuben Foster, Alabama and Ravens with Ozzie & Coach Harbou

That was pretty cool.

RTR
    15 National Championships
    They've got a name for the winners of the world, and i want a name when i lose, They call Alabama the Crimson Tide, call me Deacon Blue.( Steely Dan 1978 )

ROLL TIDE ROLL

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Hall of Fame Alasippi's Avatar
    My Mood
    Amazed on TideFans.com

Re: President Obama Talks Reuben Foster, Alabama and Ravens with Ozzie & Coach Harbou

Thanks for sharing! I enjoyed that a lot.

4. February 6th, 2013, 07:05 AM
    Reason
    NO POLITICS

BamaNation All-American 2003TIDE's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Re: President Obama Talks Reuben Foster, Alabama and Ravens with Ozzie & Coach Harbou

Quote Originally Posted by BamainBoston View Post
    Guys, he has a whole team of people devoted to prepping him on trivia. I did the same thing for Romney when he was on Finebaum's show.

BamaNation First Team
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by BamainBoston View Post
    Guys, he has a whole team of people devoted to prepping him on trivia. I did the same thing for Romney when he was on Finebaum's show.
    Standard political techniques. I don't know why he would want to impress the state of Alabama, though. Donkeys have had about as much success as Tigers when facing Elephants lately in this state.

Some here are treading the line of discussing politics on the FB board. Keep it about football or it's going to NS.
    DISCLAIMER: I hereby reserve the right to discuss any game on the Alabama schedule I wish, at any time during the season, as I am not a part of the Crimson Tide football program. I am simply a fan who has no impact outside of the money I provide the athletic department via ticket and memorabilia purchases and the energy I can provide when I attend the games. 2009-2014, crimsonaudio

Lurch Backwater!

BamaNation Second Team WalkaboutSean's Avatar

What's really awesome is that Ozzie injects Nick Saban and Alabama into the discussion himself. The guy is talking to the President and he puts in a plug for Alabama. Now that is loyalty...

BamaNation Hall of Fame TideMan09's Avatar
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by WalkaboutSean View Post
    What's really awesome is that Ozzie injects Nick Saban and Alabama into the discussion himself. The guy is talking to the President and he puts in a plug for Alabama. Now that is loyalty...
    That's the best part of the video..I loved how the congratulatory phone call from the POTUS for the Ravens winning the Super Bowl..Ended up being praise for Alabama Football..We sorta stole The Ravens thunder ya could say..

Re: President Obama Talks Reuben Foster, Alabama and Ravens with Ozzie & Coach Harbau

Quote Originally Posted by jef0071 View Post
    DELETED
    Good grief! It was a call from the President of the United States who was elected by democratic process. It would have been just as impressive if W had made the call. Respect the office, if not the man.
    Last edited by crimsonaudio; February 7th, 2013 at 06:17 AM. Reason: quote

11. February 6th, 2013, 10:01 PM

BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

President Obama Talks Reuben Foster, Alabama and Ravens with Ozzie & Coach Harbaugh..

I just think it's great with the press Bama receives. Here is the PotUS congratulating the Super Bowl winner and bringing up Alabama. That is crazy. He's a big sport's fan so things like this don't surprise me, still cool though.

Sent from Jay's iPhone via Tapatalk
    ROLL TIDE!

BamaNation All-American Relayer's Avatar

Re: President Obama Talks Reuben Foster, Alabama and Ravens with Ozzie & Coach Harbau

In any case... it's nice to hear the President of the United States discussing Crimson Tide football with Ozzie Newsome. Clearly, Ozzie loves Bama.

BamaNation Hall of Fame Chukker Veteran's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

It was a great conversation...Ozzie, a Bama icon, explaining what an honor it was to speak to President Obama.

I'm trying to imagine some prepper giving the President some "talking points" to bring up before the talk..."Hey, in discussing the Super Bowl, when you speak to Ozzie, mention the high school guy who got an Auburn tattoo then went to Bama...that will be a big hit with the Raven fans."

That sounds very unlikely to me...

A detached politician might need prepping before a sports interview, but I think the President is simply a true sports fan.

And for Alabama to step on the Super Bowl's glory and share the limelight...just wow.
    Last edited by Chukker Veteran; February 7th, 2013 at 10:24 AM.

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

I vote this thread to the nonsports board where I can say what I really think.

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

That is awesome! Thanks for sharing!!
    If God wanted me to be humble, he would have sent me to Auburn.