Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    BamaNation All-American bama_fan01's Avatar

Re: Eyes on Auburn radio show earlier tonight

Quote Originally Posted by selmaborntidefan View Post
    My first thought regarding the one loss comment is "so what?" Every other team had a loss BOTH years, so what's the point? The whine about Colt - well, we injured him on a clean hit. How many games did we play that year without Donta Hightower?

And besides - Auburn won, bought, rented a national title. This should make our job HARDER. That we won two titles right after they won one is a sensational achievement. And since we're in the excuse business, didn't Auburn face Arkansas for much of that 2010 game without starter Ryan Mallett? Didn't Auburn beat us in 2005 when we were without Prothro and much of the O-line? Look, those excuses are ridiculous but the same thing goes on against Auburn.

Oh - and wasn't Oregon's starting QB for 2010 (Masoli) - a senior - dismissed from the team? I mean, if you're gonna play that game then their title is as tainted as ours - even before Camgate.
    Don't you know that only *U is allowed to make excuses? That's the law down on the most delusional village on the plains.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation All-American Florida Tom's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

I wish I could pick up the show.

There is No Comedy on the radio here.

BamaNation Hall of Fame B1GTide's Avatar
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by tidefan82 View Post
    Did they explain how we backed into a 49-0 win against Allbarn?
    Checkmate

BamaNation All-American We_are_Bama's Avatar
    My Mood
    Crappy on TideFans.com

This is exactly why I hate those idiots. I mean, hate as in I don't even talk to my own relatives who are barn fans. Their "logic" is just stupid! Over the last decade, we have beaten them by scores of 31-7, 36-0, 42-14, and 49-0, and yet they will try and say that those games were closer than the score indicated! I have had more than one tell me that the last two (42-14 and 49-0) were not the blowouts that they looked like on the scoreboard. Name one other fan base that would even try and put such an unrealistic spin on blowout losses. I can't begin to come up with one. Then they want to say something about our one loss national title seasons! That's hysterical. Florida has won all three of their national titles with one loss. LSU had two losses in 2007. More times than not over the last several years, teams have won the title with a loss. As stupid as all that is, the one that takes the cake is them actually comparing their current "down time" to our down time in the pre-Saban days. They say that we had seasons of 4-7 in 1997, 3-8 in 2000, and 4-9 in 2003. Uhh, well, let's see, they had records of 5-7 in 2008, and 3-9 in 2012. Since they want to compare the two programs' down times, well lets look at this. In 1997, 2000, and 2003, did we go 0-8 in the SEC? Strange how they left that out. What a sad sad bunch.
    When my grandma left this life, I didn't say bye. I said see you later.

RIP, Grandma. Forever in my heart.
    01/04/1926-08/11/2012

My generous employer gives us 104 vacation days a year. They are called Saturday and Sunday.

BamaNation All-American Catfish's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Was there any mention of Reese Dismukes' altercation with Reuben Foster?
    "...Defense shut 'em down! Offense make plays! Hey, let's go be champions, boys!"- Greg McElroy

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Bama1985 View Post
    Anyone hear this show tonight?

Driving home tonight I was listening to Eyes on Auburn radio show for a bit of entertainment.

Rob Pate a former Auburn player is one of the host. After they finished whining about Alabama cherry picking their top recruits; Foster, Liner, etc.

One of the hosts made the comment that Alabama is promoting to recruits their success as an up and coming program.
    Then he stated --However in 2 of their 3 National Titles Alabama had 1 loss seasons and backed into the BCS title games. And in their other national title game Alabama played a team that lost their starting QB and linebacker. Implying that--Alabama isn't really all they are cracked up to be--every recruit should realize this.

What is going on down on the Plains? I did not think it could get any worse for those people.
    the idea of "backing in" to the title game is stupid because if the theory is that a team only gets in because someone in front of them loses, then every team "backs in" unless they go wire to wire as either the #1 or #2 team. it's just loser talk.

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

This coming from the same idiotic program that hired a 5-19 coach and could not believe it didn't work out. Then it went and got a guy who has 1 year of college head coaching experience. LOL

BamaNation Hall of Fame TommyMac's Avatar
    My Mood
    Happy on TideFans.com

I usually try to listen to that program, it's very entertaining to hear their spin on everything. I especially like what I call the "What if" segment in which they list how they would have won every game if only certain things had of happened. (or not happened) They get very creative and remind me of little kids letting their imaginations run wild.

They might as well face facts because things aren't gonna change anytime soon. Coach Saban has an assembly line set up in Tuscaloosa that's churning out primo football teams made up of big, powerful, fast, well coached, smart, and highly motivated players.

Even worse for them, Coach Saban is getting BETTER not WORSE!
    "I'm just a simple plowhand from Arkansas, but I've learned over the years how to hold a team together, how to lift some men up, how to calm others down, until finally they've got one heartbeat, together, a team."

Coach Bryant

BamaNation First Team goodnightjonboy's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

I'm in Auburn for work and heard about 5 minutes of the show this afternoon. They were assuring listeners that recruiting ratings and rankings didn't matter because they filled "needs." Rrrrrrriiiiggghhhhhtttt.

BamaNation First Team 1958againbear's Avatar

You can't believe the spinning going on up here in Knoxville about their 'Top 25' class. LOL! Jones is trying to sound like Dooley that UT won't be kicked around any more. We saw how that worked out. I swear that I just can't figure out sometimes who I hate more - the Viles or the boogs.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

BamaNation Hall of Fame
    My Mood
    Mellow on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by 1958againbear View Post
    You can't believe the spinning going on up here in Knoxville about their 'Top 25' class. LOL! Jones is trying to sound like Dooley that UT won't be kicked around any more. We saw how that worked out. I swear that I just can't figure out sometimes who I hate more - the Viles or the boogs.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    Don't sweat it...just hate orange equally and you're covered.
    The supreme quality for leadership is unquestionably integrity. Without it, no real success is possible, no matter whether it is on a section gang, a football field, in an army, or in an office. Dwight D. Eisenhower

BamaNation First Team

Quote Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
    Was there any mention of Reese Dismukes' altercation with Reuben Foster?
    Did not hear any mention of Reese Dismukes. What happened?

BamaNation Hall of Fame bamanut_aj's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Eyes on Auburn radio show earlier tonight

Shouldn't the FCC ban shows like this, instead of picking on less harmful content like Howard Stern, etc!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk