Last edited by Catfish; February 7th, 2013 at 09:24 AM.
"...Defense shut 'em down! Offense make plays! Hey, let's go be champions, boys!"- Greg McElroy
A couple months later he ins involved in an altercation at Krystals when he called a couple of black students the "N" word.
More than likely this punk was imbibing on Saturday and his true colors came through again when he used the racial slur.
This kid is a cancer on that team, and I for one am glad that they have him.
I was listening to Max Howell's show on the drive home last night and the barners were all calling in singing the praises of the new staff and doging the crap out of chizik. "He has ruined Kiel Frazier" etc. My how they have forgotten the "Chizik is out recruiting Saban" He's a better coach" BS I can't wait till the new bozo is processed and sent back to AR to coach high school ball again.
I remember how the barn won their 2010 title, is anyone here that was alive for their other one?
I loved the statement of one Barner friend who posted on FB that the rest of the SEC should "take notice" because of their great recruiting class.
Think about that. They are so blind to how "great" things are with Auburn that they can't even see that their class got them even further behind the rest of the SEC West (except for MSU).
Also, regarding the way we've been beating Auburn the last few years (true beat downs). Back when they beat us six games in a row they NEVER beat us like we've been beating them.
In a few years they'll grow to realize that the worse thing that ever happened to them was the year they beat us 28-27. It has and will continue to serve as motivation for CNS dominating TSDTR!
Since I am surrounded by Auburn fans at my office, I am subjected to a never-ending barrage of this sort of rhetoric.
I can recite quite a few points from memory:
1. National championships simply do not exist. They are mythical. [Now, they were not mythical in 2010 when my Auburn fan coworkers were high-fiving each other over the chance to win their first NC in 53 years.] The only way for there to be a championship, they say, is for there to be a playoff. The --- only --- way.
2. Even though national championships do not exist, the only ones that can be considered legitimate are the ones when a team goes undefeated (and untied in years past).
3. Alabama's only two accomplishments in the Nick Saban era are two SEC titles. That is all that we have done. Everything else, they say, is smoke-and-mirrors.
4. Alabama's other accomplishments (National Championships, Heisman trophies, Outland trophies, Doak Walker Awards, etc) are decided by polls. Therefore, any accomplishments by Alabama in these arenas are simply beauty pageants, where the voters are a press corps that are biased toward
5. They present me (weekly during the off-season, daily during football season) with various statistics about the two programs. They will compare winning percentages with varying start dates depending on what they want to "prove." The start dates are very convenient: "We [Auburn] have won more [games, titles, etc] since [2001, 2000, 1997, 1992, 1983, 1982, 1981] than Alabama has."
6. When they are in a slump, they revert to their second line of defense: They are not a football school [I usually agree with them on this point], and tout their academics. When I point out that Alabama ranks higher in the US News & World Report rankings, I am harangued with arguments about the quality of various colleges within the two universities. They seem particularly impressed with their engineering school.
I could go on and on, but that is a good snapshot of what I deal with each day, surrounded by a bank of mercifully-loud servers that drown-out most of their moaning and wailing.
"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride--and never quit--you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high, but so are the rewards." Coach Paul Bryant