Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    BamaNation Second Team
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Eyes on Auburn radio show earlier tonight

Funny how I read this thread and it's like we all share the same experiences in dealing with barners. What's the common denominator? Barners. So many are alike. All I have heard in the last two days is how great their class is, Saban oversigned AGAIN and us and Ole Miss pay players or buy chargers. Saban is just average without all his questionable tactics and using players. Gus is an innovator and a genuis and Saban fears the no huddle. They are too stupid to see how much we run no huddle, like the first series against them last season. To stupid to realize that they have a player on their on roster that coach Saban gave a complete release to play there. These are the reasons why 49-0 is not enough and more beatdowns will not diminish my enjoyment of beating them one bit.

Sorry for the rant, but someone gave me a forum.

2. Advertisement
    Suspended
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bradley30 View Post
    And they wouldn't swap Chizik for 10 Coach Sabans.
    Just One Malzahn

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    FootMouth on TideFans.com

Those worthless slugs hang onto that 6 in a row like it's the only thing they have ever accomplished. If that is their greatest achievement, then fine, but, it's only going to get further and further into the past. Beating us those 6 years means NOTHING today. Especially when our wins over them since then have been absolute beat downs. Even though, according to them, 36-0, 42-14, and 49-0 were not as lopsided as the scores indicated. I also had one tell me not too long ago that Alabama beating auburn for 4 out the last 5 years isn't all that impressive because of the fact that, (just like Alabama in the early to mid 2000's), auburn has been down. Really? I don't even know where to begin on that one. We were down during that time thanks to a debilitating probation. We didn't get hit as hard as Penn State and SMU, but it was dang close. What's *U's excuse? Why are they "down"? According to them, the the NCAA came and went and *U came out squeaky clean. So, it can't be that. So what is it? You can't talk to that fan base. You just can't. No matter what, they will always have an answer. They will stand there and defend losing 49-0 and say some crap about "well, we did force a turnover on you guys in the fourth quarter". Never mind that it was 49-0 and our 3rd string was in the game. They lose 42-14 at terry bowden field and they still have the audacity to beat their chests about running back the second half kickoff. Then turn around and say "nanna nanna boo boo 6 in a row, remember when tuberville held up 6 fingers, ha ha ha ha". Dumbest fan base in the world. Period.

BamaNation All-American BamaMoon's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

It bears repeating: Auburn exists to beat Bama. Bama exists to win championships.

They'd take the "six in a row" over the championship in 2010 if they were forced to choose.

BamaNation All-American
    Post Thanks / Like

My Barner fan had the audacity to ask me if: I really thought Bama had a chance against Aubarn in the 2010 Iron Bowl? My answer was that I can't remember a game since CNS has been at Bama that I didn't think Bama was going to win, and that Bama let up is the only reason for Aubruns come back in the 2nd half. He walked away unconvinced and mumbling something about, WOW! Bama fans.
    Life is short, ocassionally bend the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that made you smile.

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    FootMouth on TideFans.com

The typical barner spin on losing the Iron Bowl goes something like this.

2008:" Well, if we hit that field goal right before the half, it's a 10-3 game to start the 3rd quarter and we come out fired up and probably win."

2011: "Take away 35 of the 42 that Bama scored, and we win 14-7."

2012: Take away the 49 that Bama scored and the game goes into overtime at 0-0".

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Apprehensive on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
    I agree. If I were his coach and was able to determine definitively that he actually did this, I'd give him his walking papers. I don't even care if he publicly apologizes. You can't have that kind of garbage. It hurts the team and hurts the perception of the program. Not that I particulalry care how bad the perception of their program is, but, if I were the coach...
    You are exactly right. The thing the barners are hanging their hat on at this time is how much more disciplined the team and program will be under malzaughn. Funny thing though, isn't malzaughn the same guy that took spice smoking, gun loaning mike dyer with him to AR St.?

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Apprehensive on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by We_are_Bama View Post
    The typical barner spin on losing the Iron Bowl goes something like this.

2008:" Well, if we hit that field goal right before the half, it's a 10-3 game to start the 3rd quarter and we come out fired up and probably win."

2011: "Take away 35 of the 42 that Bama scored, and we win 14-7."

2012: Take away the 49 that Bama scored and the game goes into overtime at 0-0".
    ^^^Post of the day^^^^

BamaNation All-American mikes12's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Those worthless slugs hang onto that 6 in a row like it's the only thing they have ever accomplished. If that is their greatest achievement, then fine, but, it's only going to get further and further into the past. Beating us those 6 years means NOTHING today. Especially when our wins over them since then have been absolute beat downs. Even though, according to them, 36-0, 42-14, and 49-0 were not as lopsided as the scores indicated. I also had one tell me not too long ago that Alabama beating auburn for 4 out the last 5 years isn't all that impressive because of the fact that, (just like Alabama in the early to mid 2000's), auburn has been down. Really? I don't even know where to begin on that one. We were down during that time thanks to a debilitating probation. We didn't get hit as hard as Penn State and SMU, but it was dang close. What's *U's excuse? Why are they "down"? According to them, the the NCAA came and went and *U came out squeaky clean. So, it can't be that. So what is it? You can't talk to that fan base. You just can't. No matter what, they will always have an answer. They will stand there and defend losing 49-0 and say some crap about "well, we did force a turnover on you guys in the fourth quarter". Never mind that it was 49-0 and our 3rd string was in the game. They lose 42-14 at terry bowden field and they still have the audacity to beat their chests about running back the second half kickoff. Then turn around and say "nanna nanna boo boo 6 in a row, remember when tuberville held up 6 fingers, ha ha ha ha". Dumbest fan base in the world. Period.
    I think that attitude is what gets me the most. In comparing our NCAA situation re: Albert Means to theirs with Newton, there was NO PROOF that Means knew of any money changing hands. NO PROOF that anyone in his family got paid. In fact, even with FBI looking (with subpoena power and financial forensic experts), NO PROOF that his HS coach got paid. None. We got hammered on rumor and 'secret witnesses'.
    Newton, on the other hand? His! Dad! Admitted! It! Period!! Nary a slap on the wrist, unless you count the 12(?) hour retroactive suspension that took place between games and had no impact on their season. And they have the unnerving gall to suggest we have the NCAA in our back pocket?!

(paraphrase)
    "Where will you be playing, Cam?"
    CN: "It's down to either Mississippi State or Tennessee." Fast forward. Goes to Auburn.
    "Why'd you pick Auburn?"
    CN: "My dad picked it."

I will readily admit that Cam is a great athlete. Phenomenal, even. And I would have no problems admiring the kid if I thought he had a shred of integrity. Anyone who bothered to read the police report can only conclude that he went into another student's dorm room and STOLE his laptop while he was in Florida. Then the story about buying it from someone selling out of his trunk? A complete lie. Sorry, but there's no other way to put it.

Sorry for the rant, but these are some basic facts every Bama fan should be armed with for any given barner moment.

BamaNation All-SEC
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey man, why even argue with them, let them have it....

...its all they got.

Post Thanks / Like

I actually hope that their recruiters do try to minimize our winning 3 of the last 4. I know how that'll play with recruits with half a brain. That's almost as good as "Go to Bama and you'll ride the pine." (Translation - "Kid, you're not good enough to earn PT at Bama. You'll be better off and get PT with a sorry team like ours.")
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

BamaNation First Team
    Post Thanks / Like

The one excuse I remember the Barn fans repeating last year and this year is "we are a young team"

Wasn't Alabama the young team this year? This was our rebuilding year.

BamaNation First Team Snuffy Smith's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Eyes on Auburn radio show earlier tonight

Quote Originally Posted by Bama1985 View Post
    The one excuse I remember the Barn fans repeating last year and this year is "we are a young team"

Wasn't Alabama the young team this year? This was our rebuilding year.
    I did the math on that earlier this year - giving 1 for FR up to 5 for RSS. We were not that significantly older than their team - less than 1/2 point variance. What we were is significantly more talented and 100x better coached. They will never own that fact.