Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    BamaNation Hall of Fame derek4tide's Avatar
    Recipes
    My Mood
    Cool on TideFans.com

Re: Eyes on Auburn radio show earlier tonight

Quote Originally Posted by capnfrog View Post
    My Barner fan had the audacity to ask me if: I really thought Bama had a chance against Aubarn in the 2010 Iron Bowl? My answer was that I can't remember a game since CNS has been at Bama that I didn't think Bama was going to win, and that Bama let up is the only reason for Aubruns come back in the 2nd half. He walked away unconvinced and mumbling something about, WOW! Bama fans.
    Had to LOL, when I read that. A barn fan a few years ago couldn't believe I had the "augacity" to think that Coach Saban would end their 6 in a row streak. True story.....
    "They're not better than us," Notre Dame AD Jack Swarbrick said of the Tide. "They're better than everyone."

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States
    My Mood
    Mellow on TideFans.com

Eyes on Auburn radio show earlier tonight

AUbarn fans are the worst. They get totally destroyed but turn around and saw "War Eagle, anyway" like it means something. They scored as much as I did against Bama and UGA and still have the nerve to say thing about Bama losing to A&M. I just don't get it. We lost 6 in a row and I took it in stride, and I tried to give them the benefit of the doubt with 2010, but they are just a few eggs short of a dozen when it comes to football, or any sport for that matter. LSU fans do push them sometimes but at least LSU is consistent in what they do on the field. Every time I see WDE I'm ready to slap someone. Ok I'm getting upset now. But I'm not gonna let up until they get the point and that won't be any time soon.
    ROLL TIDE!

My Mood
    Sassy on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    I actually hope that their recruiters do try to minimize our winning 3 of the last 4. I know how that'll play with recruits with half a brain. That's almost as good as "Go to Bama and you'll ride the pine." (Translation - "Kid, you're not good enough to earn PT at Bama. You'll be better off and get PT with a sorry team like ours.")
    My son-in-law grew up a Bama fan. They're whole family was crimson and white all the way. They, like most of us, called auburn "awbarn" or some other form. Then big brother is recruited by auburn but not so much by Bama. He decided to play there and they completely switch sides. (Understandable. We've had families do the same.) A couple of years later, my son-in-law accepts a scholarship to play at auburn.

When they fired cheesedip, i asked him what he wanted in a coach...someone who was more like cheese or would he prefer somebody who had a different philosophy (more along the lines of Saban.) In the course of our conversation, he told me how so many of the players would sit in the locker room and talk about having grown up as Bama fans but ended up playing at auburn because "they weren't good enough" to play at Bama. When I asked him if he didn't think that the same thing could be said about guys at MTSU or Baylor or Central Florida, he really had no answer except to say I could spin things however I wanted.

Isn't it natural to have guys who grow up avid fans of a program and dream their whole lives of playing there only to be told (either verbally or through lack of recruitment), "Son, you don't fit our needs/style, so maybe you want to look elsewhere?" I know that would have to be heartbreaking; however, instead of having a "how dare they not choose me" attitude, they should be thankful to have the opportunity to play at all. I could go on a rant abut the sense of entitlement kids today have, but I won't.
    "If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride--and never quit--you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high, but so are the rewards." Coach Paul Bryant

BamaNation Hall of Fame selmaborntidefan's Avatar
    My Mood
    Bookworm on TideFans.com

I must confess that I have not had the problems with Auburn fans that a lot of Tide fans have through the years. Maybe it's just because I don't live in Alabama and thus don't have to put up with them, but I did live in east Mississippi for nearly 20 years and had much interaction. No real problems.

However.....I've been watching them as they imploded the last two years. I went to one board I won't mention here more out of curiosity than anything else. Started looking at it when the heat came on Chizik. Read it about once a week to get caught up on the insanity. And here's a basic summary (words changed so nobody can trace the site but meaning is the same):

"Ole Miss is cheating. How did they get all them good players."

(Of course, the moment an Ole Miss commit jumps to Auburn they NEVER make the logical deduction that "we paid him more!")

"Bama cheats...(insert picture of Yeldon with car that is not actually Yeldon with car)

"I don't what the truth is about whether Bama cheats......(asserts again Bama cheats)

"Bama has tried to destroy our program.." (this one was a hoot)

I'm sitting here watching the same mindset that takes poison in Guyana, attacks ATF agents in Waco, and self-mutilates in hopes of catching a ride on the Hale-Bopp comet. It is not delusional, it is a sickness, a mental illness.

I stand by two things that I said a couple of years ago regarding Auburn. My observational powers tell me it is worse than then.

1) Auburn DESPERATELY wants to win national championships in football - so much so that they seriously would not mind having an entire paid NFL team wear their jerseys and destroy all comers. They don't even care if it gets taken away later - they just desperately want that year of wearing T-shirts, pointing a finger other than the middle one, and screaming, "We're number one."

2) They go crazy because they woke up one morning in January 2011 as number one in the world but STILL number two in the state. And this drives them nuts.
    :13

Quote Originally Posted by selmaborntidefan View Post
    ......they woke up one morning in January 2011 as number one in the world but STILL number two in the state. And this drives them nuts.
    Sums it up.......
    "Bryant can take his'n and beat your'n, and then he can turn around and take your'n and beat his'n." -- Houston Oiler head coach Bum Phillips, a former player under Coach Bryant

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

2) They go crazy because they woke up one morning in January 2011 as number one in the world but STILL number two in the state. And this drives them nuts.
    This.

They honestly thought that winning a MNC would vault them into the upper echelon of college football royalty, where they so long to be. Between the Cam fiasco (which drained much of the joy from their victory) to being sandwiched among Alabama's most recent dynasty, and all of our championships, 2010 has basically been forgotten. It really feels as if Auburn never won the NC, even to their fans.

It is hilarious.

BamaNation Hall of Fame selmaborntidefan's Avatar
    My Mood
    Bookworm on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Drewy26 View Post
    This.

They honestly thought that winning a MNC would vault them into the upper echelon of college football royalty, where they so long to be. Between the Cam fiasco (which drained much of the joy from their victory) to being sandwiched among Alabama's most recent dynasty, and all of our championships, 2010 has basically been forgotten. It really feels as if Auburn never won the NC, even to their fans.

It is hilarious.
    Auburn's ascent to national champion would, in fact, have been a neat story to all non-Tide fans - perennial also ran program responds to its greatest nemesis by starting the year unranked and winning it all. It's a Kurt Warner-type story. Except, well, it had Cam Newton and not Kurt Warner.

They got bad press in the first place based on Cam's departure from Florida. But even with that the story was somewhat interesting - until it came out Daddy prostituted him. And then Auburn never REALLY denied it, issuing a nondenial denial that was obvious to anyone who has watched these things enough.
    :13

BamaNation All-American Matt0424's Avatar
    My Mood
    Happy on TideFans.com

They go crazy because they woke up one morning in January 2011 as number one in the world but STILL number two in the state. And this drives them nuts.

That is arguably the best quote I have ever heard... You my friend should have a plaque with your name on it in the Bryant Museum, featuring that quote and a smiling picture of Nick Saban that says "U mad bro?"...

BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States
    My Mood
    Mellow on TideFans.com

Eyes on Auburn radio show earlier tonight

Never seen a truer statement about that program!

Sent from Jay's iPhone via Tapatalk
    ROLL TIDE!

BamaNation Second Team grlindsey08's Avatar

Auburn can try to diminish what we did against Texas, LSU, and Notre Dame all they want, and they can probably make a valid point (not win the argument, but get a good point in). HOWEVER, how does that change the fact that we've beat them 4 out of the last 5 games, 3 being blowouts, and 2 being shutouts? If we aren't that good, and yet we continue to dominate them, what does that say about their program?
    ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!

“Show class, have pride, and display character. If you do, winning takes care of itself.” - Coach Paul "Bear Bryant"

They honestly thought that winning a MNC would vault them into the upper echelon of college football royalty.
    The MNC stuff is propaganda. Personally, I think Cam was ineligible to play, so they shouldn't have won any championship, but apparently my opinion does not count in that regard.

In terms of what they did on the field, they won the SEC, they won the BCS, and they were unanimous national champions by all the selectors (AP, Coaches, etc...). If they won a mythical national championship, then what on earth did the Ravens just win? The they were tied for 9th place in the NFL, but that has more legitimacy? 10-6 is a less mythical champion than being undefeated? Like it or not, and until the NCAA does their job, Auburn won a National Championship in 2010 and that's all there is to it. I'd argue that it was far more legitimate than these late winning streak "champions" we pretend didn't play mediocre ball until the end.

It annoys me to see the MNC term used, knowing what Alabama had to accomplish to win their national championships, and seeing how wheel of fate postseasons are for some lemming-like reason, treated with greater respect.
    Last edited by KrAzY3; February 11th, 2013 at 05:20 PM.
    "Everybody that chooses to go to the game should stay there and support the team for the game." - Nick Saban
    "This is how it should be every game, every home game... the fans were just amazing". - Kevin Norwood on 2013 LSU game
    "Four, five-star recruits are in Tuscaloosa, and then they see a stadium start emptying out at halftime"

BamaNation All-American colbysullivan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KrAzY3 View Post
    The MNC stuff is propaganda. Personally, I think Cam was ineligible to play, so they shouldn't have won any championship, but apparently my opinion does not count in that regard.

In terms of what they did on the field, they won the SEC, they won the BCS, and they were unanimous national champions by all the selectors (AP, Coaches, etc...). If they won a mythical national championship, then what on earth did the Ravens just win? The they were tied for 9th place in the NFL, but that has more legitimacy? 10-6 is a less mythical champion than being the only undefeated team in the entire FBS? Like it or not, and until the NCAA does their job, Auburn won a National Championship in 2010 and that's all there is to it. I'd argue that it was far more legitimate than these late winning streak "champions" we pretend didn't play mediocre ball until the end.

It annoys me to see the MNC term used, knowing what Alabama had to accomplish to win their national championships, and seeing how wheel of fate postseasons are for some lemming-like reason, treated with greater respect.
    I never have been a fan of the "MNC" moniker
    Last edited by colbysullivan; February 11th, 2013 at 01:32 PM.

BamaNation All-American
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

This.

It is hilarious.
    Outstanding Post.

You put into words what so many of us have felt for years.