Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
    BamaNation Hall of Fame selmaborntidefan's Avatar
    My Mood
    Depressed on TideFans.com

Re: Eyes on Auburn radio show earlier tonight

Quote Originally Posted by KrAzY3 View Post
    The MNC stuff is propaganda. Personally, I think Cam was ineligible to play, so they shouldn't have won any championship, but apparently my opinion does not count in that regard.

In terms of what they did on the field, they won the SEC, they won the BCS, and they were unanimous national champions by all the selectors (AP, Coaches, etc...). If they won a mythical national championship, then what on earth did the Ravens just win? The they were tied for 9th place in the NFL, but that has more legitimacy? 10-6 is a less mythical champion than being the only undefeated team in the entire FBS? Like it or not, and until the NCAA does their job, Auburn won a National Championship in 2010 and that's all there is to it. I'd argue that it was far more legitimate than these late winning streak "champions" we pretend didn't play mediocre ball until the end.

It annoys me to see the MNC term used, knowing what Alabama had to accomplish to win their national championships, and seeing how wheel of fate postseasons are for some lemming-like reason, treated with greater respect.
    I'm sorry but Auburn wasn't the only unbeaten. TCU won the Rose Bowl and was also undefeated.
    I'll always look back as I walk away
    This memory will last for eternity
    And all of our tears will be lost in the rain
    Til I find my way back to your arms again
    But until that day you know you are
    The queen of my heart

2. Advertisement
    My Mood
    Paranoid on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by selmaborntidefan View Post
    I'm sorry but Auburn wasn't the only unbeaten. TCU won the Rose Bowl and was also undefeated.
    You're right. I looked it up to, but I still missed that. I now remember watching TCU win and being unhappy because I had grown tired of the TCU, Utah, and Boise State's of the world whining (for those of you that care, TCU lost 6 times and Utah lost 7 times last season, validating the theory that playing against real competition is completely different).
    Last edited by KrAzY3; February 11th, 2013 at 05:24 PM.
    "Everybody that chooses to go to the game should stay there and support the team for the game." - Nick Saban
    "This is how it should be every game, every home game... the fans were just amazing". - Kevin Norwood on 2013 LSU game
    "Four, five-star recruits are in Tuscaloosa, and then they see a stadium start emptying out at halftime"

anywhere BUT the pit of HELL called opelika/goobers corner.

Quote Originally Posted by colbysullivan View Post
    I never have been a fan of the "MNC" moniker
    This post brings up several points of discussion to mind.

First off

#1 The term mnc is the booger eaters favorite term and their cult uses this word more than any other fanbase in all of college football.

#2 The only reason they use this crutch of saying mnc is because national championships are only mythical when it comes to relating any kind of championship to the cult 'down at the Manson "family" barnhouse'. This is simply because they dont have any. The pathetic two that they claim all happened on the watch of the worst periods in UA football history and also while coincidentally both on probation.
    Not to mention there is a history of physical evidence of pfp and admits at the outhouse on the plains while there is none at ours.

#3 2nd placers and 1st born losers make excuses for why other teams and champions always win and why they don't

#4 What are the booger eaters going to use for the term mnc when the Div. 1 playoff starts? Are they going to come up with a new word? Seriously let me go ahead and guess right now.....mpc-mythical playoff champion!
    Last edited by liquidvengeance; February 11th, 2013 at 06:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by selmaborntidefan View Post
    That's the whole reason $cam stayed eligible and the barn kept their wins. The NZAA didn't want a non-AQ team playing Nike U for the NC, and TCU would've if the barn had received what they deserved.

BamaNation Hall of Fame selmaborntidefan's Avatar
    My Mood
    Depressed on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by CDsdad View Post
    That's the whole reason $cam stayed eligible and the barn kept their wins. The NZAA didn't want a non-AQ team playing Nike U for the NC, and TCU would've if the barn had received what they deserved.
    No argument here.
    I'll always look back as I walk away
    This memory will last for eternity
    And all of our tears will be lost in the rain
    Til I find my way back to your arms again
    But until that day you know you are
    The queen of my heart

BamaNation Hall of Fame JPT4Bama's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by liquidvengeance View Post
    This post brings up several points of discussion to mind.

First off

#1 The term mnc is the booger eaters favorite term and their cult uses this word more than any other fanbase in all of college football.

#2 The only reason they use this crutch of saying mnc is because national championships are only mythical when it comes to relating any kind of championship to the cult 'down at the Manson "family" barnhouse'. This is simply because they dont have any. The pathetic two that they claim all happened on the watch of the worst periods in UA football history and also while coincidentally both on probation.
    Not to mention there is a history of physical evidence of pfp and admits at the outhouse on the plains while there is none at ours.

#3 2nd placers and 1st born losers make excuses for why other teams and champions always win and why they don't

#4 What are the booger eaters going to use for the term mnc when the Div. 1 playoff starts? Are they going to come up with a new word? Seriously let me go ahead and guess right now.....mpc-mythical playoff champion!
    Spot on LV. The hate cult of API uses this term almost exclusively. Now hurry up and earn back your eligibility.

The API hate is strong in you. Me too.
    Ask me about my vow of silence.