Robert Nkemdiche Signs With Ole Miss

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
No problem there but when a guy has never been there, never mentioned them, and doesn't know where they are makes them a front runner 48 before NSD...then it is suspicious.

Frankly, with the AU situation and now this scandal involving the U and the NCAA programs and boosters are going to roll the dice big time. JMO.

RedStar

Hall of Fame
Jan 28, 2005
The Shoals, AL
No problem there but when a guy has never been there, never mentioned them, and doesn't know where they are makes them a front runner 48 before NSD...then it is suspicious.

Frankly, with the AU situation and now this scandal involving the U and the NCAA programs and boosters are going to roll the dice big time. JMO.
Huh? He's been to Ole Miss plenty of times, his brother goes there. He has plenty of ties. He's mentioned them almost since day 1.

rhm54

1st Team
Nov 30, 2006
Can someone clue me in. Is there any proof that Ole Miss is cheating or are we assuming they are cheating due to the recent high profile recruiting success?

saraelizabethua

1st Team
Feb 3, 2008
Oxford, Mississippi
Can someone clue me in. Is there any proof that Ole Miss is cheating or are we assuming they are cheating due to the recent high profile recruiting success?
I don't think they're cheating. I think they're just going to get very, very lucky. Nkemdiche signed because of his brother, other players are going to sign because of the hope Nkemdiche brings and the surprisingly decent season they just had.

I think one Ole Miss recruiting windfall leads to another.

CrimsonProf

Hall of Fame
Dec 30, 2006
Birmingham, Alabama
I don't think they're cheating. I think they're just going to get very, very lucky. Nkemdiche signed because of his brother, other players are going to sign because of the hope Nkemdiche brings and the surprisingly decent season they just had.

I think one Ole Miss recruiting windfall leads to another.
Funny, because everyone in the know on this board and others says they *are* cheating, so...you know....

bondsdw

Scout Team
Jan 26, 2007
Good for him. Certainly can't blame the guy for wanting to go play with his brother. I'd much rather deal with him at Ole Miss than as yet another ridiculous talent in LSU's DL.

saraelizabethua

1st Team
Feb 3, 2008
Oxford, Mississippi
There's a LOT of chatter regarding OM's recruiting right now - far more than normal. And it doesn't smack of fear. Doesn't mean it's going on, but there's way more stuff floating around in this part of the country...

I don't like pointing fingers at schools like Ole Miss because I know of another school where the best way to spot a football player around town was to look for their shiny new dodge chargers.

Perhaps I should have said that I don't think they're cheating more than anyone else is.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
I don't like pointing fingers at schools like Ole Miss because I know of another school where the best way to spot a football player around town was to look for their shiny new dodge chargers.

Perhaps I should have said that I don't think they're cheating more than anyone else is.
I see you live in Oxford, and perhaps there's some bias here, but any more posts sharing this sort of implication will be nuked.

Say what you want, but there's a tremendous amount of talk regarding OM's recruiting right now. Time will tell if it's just innuendo or if there's accuracy to some of the stuff I've been hearing.

ETA: for the record, I don't think RN signed with OM due to anything other than family.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.