Michigan - Ohio State Ends in Another Horrible Reffing Job

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Take the video to about the 1:40 mark and watch the last 20 seconds on the OT. Ohio State's craft was fouled at least once with no-call.

This is why folks struggle to watch basketball...

[video]http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=8919970[/video]

gman4tide

All-SEC
Nov 21, 2005
Flint Creek
I agree 100%. I can't watch it. From my 5th grader's games up. The officials and calls/non-calls all seem the same. Went to one of my son's games back in January...saw complete tackles (nice form too) made on ball handlers not called. Then in another half and/or game...a cross eyed look garnered a foul call. 2 weeks ago, refs granted a 3rd free throw because the shooter was intimadated by one of our player's heavy breathing...he was having a minor asthma attack. I listen to Chris Stewart call the bama games...like how he isn't a homer...and you can tell he gets frustrated with the calls/no calls.

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
When they didn't call the foul (with 7 seconds to go) by the tOSU kid a flagrant 1, because he definitely hit the UM player all up in his head, I can see (and agree) with not calling a foul on that play. No doubt there was some contact, but the UM player was going to block that shot anyway. I didn't mind OSU losing, I only regret both of tehm couldn't lose. All in all, it was a fun game to watch.

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
Basketball has always had the most inconsistent officiating. It's like there is a completely different set of rules during the last 2 minutes. A foul should always be a foul wether it is in the first minute or last minute of the game. Of course they also call little love taps as fouls at the end of a game when a team is trying stop the clock but, those same taps go uncalled early in the game.

BamaFlum

Hall of Fame
Dec 11, 2002
S.A., TX, USA
I agree 100%. I can't watch it. From my 5th grader's games up. The officials and calls/non-calls all seem the same. Went to one of my son's games back in January...saw complete tackles (nice form too) made on ball handlers not called. Then in another half and/or game...a cross eyed look garnered a foul call. 2 weeks ago, refs granted a 3rd free throw because the shooter was intimadated by one of our player's heavy breathing...he was having a minor asthma attack. I listen to Chris Stewart call the bama games...like how he isn't a homer...and you can tell he gets frustrated with the calls/no calls.
This. I cringe during my sons games. I've seen players fall on the ground only to grab the ball carrier's leg with no call.

rolltideallday

1st Team
Dec 18, 2011
Tuscaloosa, AL
I agree with the poster above. They let a flagrant foul go so that the players could decide the game. They weren't going to turn around and call a foul to help OSU get free throws to win. Its the same reason the foul on Releford wasn't called in the NCAA tournament. It just depends what side you're on as to whether you agree with the no call or not

ganu76

BamaNation Citizen
Jun 24, 2010
Earlier in the game they still counted a 3-pointer which came after the shot clock it expired, AND they called a foul on a shot put-esque airball from the paint when the shooter AT MOST had his jersey touched.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Trey Burke was a huge miss in recruiting. Letting him slip away will probably cost us a championship - he is that good and has Michigan playing like champions.

As for the game results - in basketball you understand that the home team is going to get the calls. It is part of the game. So when you play on the road, you have to step it up. We didn't, and we lost.

If the point of the thread is that this is bunk - that officials should call games the same way throughout the game and without regard to the "home court", I get it and agree. It annoys every basketball fan - and has casual fans believing that it is done on purpose (essentially "fixing" the games). Basketball is the easiest sport outside of boxing to "fix" and we see stuff every day that makes us wonder. But Michigan did not cover the spread yesterday, so that clearly was not in play.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.