Punter Johnny Townsend Spurning Ohio State for Alabama?

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
That can't be right. The oversigning.com guy says that sort if thing doesn't happen in the Big10, especially not at OSU.
Rivals lists Michigan as having 27 players signed. We all know the deal, no one even complains when a Big 10 school signs 30 (and they have).

westide

All-SEC
Jan 22, 2011
He is no longer listed as a commit on Rivals' Ohio State site. A great punter can be a game changer. Cincinnati offered a scholarship. Alabama and Florida wanted him as a preferred walk-on.This guy is 6'2'' 200 lbs and runs a 4.59 40. He gained national attention after attending a punting camp at Alabama.

Last edited:

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
He is no longer listed as a commit on Rivals' Ohio State site. A great punter can be a game changer. Cincinnati offered a scholarship. Alabama and Florida wanted him as a preferred walk-on.This guy is 6'2'' 200 lbs and runs a 4.59 40. He gained national attention after attending a punting camp at Alabama.
We scolarshipped a snapper, why not address that part of the kicking game if we have a chance? We have a vacancy, I think. Can`t question that a good punter is a valuable weapon, see Brad Wing (sans the garbage, of course).

bamafaninOhiO

All-American
May 11, 2010
Dayton, Ohio
I don't think that anything sinister is going on, but if there were happening at Alabama the OSing.com & AJC recruiting blogger would be churning out stories about how Saban crushed this guy's dreams.
I agree with ya...just because they alwasy whine I try not to lower to their standard, thats all.

They have meyer now, he'll push every limit known, and then some.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Both of his parents are Gators, and his older brother is currently at Florida. That was why he was so excited to get the offer from Meyer last summer (grew up watching him at FL) - but Muschamp seems to have the Gators program on its way back so he reconsidered when he got the late offer. He liked the idea of playing for Meyer, but will stay home to play for the team that he grew up loving now that he has a scholly from them.

Edited to add - some decisions made by recruits are hard to fathom. This one makes perfect sense.

Last edited:

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.