Punter Johnny Townsend Spurning Ohio State for Alabama?

Rocknrolltide

1st Team
Aug 15, 2007
Foley, AL
@brdispatch: Punter Johnny Townsend, an #OSU commit, has moved press conference to 4 p.m. Rumors that he'll flip to Alabama.

Not sure what to think of this because I don't think we'd Greyshirt Walker Jones to add a punter.

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland
Warning: Twitter Rumor- Punter Johnny Townsend may not sign with tOSU, but Bama

RT @ BHSN BREAKING NEWS: Boone HS punter Johnny Townsend will most likely signs NLOI with Alabama NOT Ohio State.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Re: Warning: Twitter Rumor- Punter Johnny Townsend may not sign with tOSU, but Bama

Does this effect Robinson or induce more grayshirts?

bamabelle1991

All-American
Jan 1, 2009
South Alabama
Re: Warning: Twitter Rumor- Punter Johnny Townsend may not sign with tOSU, but Bama

I thought losing Connor left a spot open without anyone else grayshirting?

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

This was posted in the LOI thread by someone else...

From my colleague here in Columbus, OH (I got this email at 9:32 est):

"Funny story:

One of the guys that hasn’t signed yet is our punter, Johnny Townsend. So a guy on the message board asks an “insider” if the rumor is true that Townsend is going to ‘bama. “insider” says hadn’t heard that, let me check. The original poster says no I was just kidding. The insider comes back on and says well you just created an uproar in the OSU war room b/c they hadn’t heard that and thought it was serious. "
Here's his profile btw. 247 has him as the #6 Punter.

ColumbusTide

1st Team
Jan 10, 2007

This was posted in the LOI thread by someone else...

Here's his profile btw. 247 has him as the #6 Punter.
That was my post from earlier. It is something I got early this morning from a tOSU colleague. That was before I heard that he had switched announcement time to later in the day. Rumor is that Florida pulled the scholly or asked him to grey shirt (Urbs would never do that this late would he?) and that he is likely an Alabama sign if we have a spot.

All of this is conjecture at this point. And yes, he is a good punter.

rizolltizide

Hall of Fame
Jan 4, 2003
st pete, fl

I love taking anything away from Urban. We already got his manhood. :biggrin2:

bamafaninOhiO

All-American
May 11, 2010
Dayton, Ohio

I love taking anything away from Urban. We already got his manhood. :biggrin2:
word is that they had a couple suprise signees, and may not have room for him...

comes from a die hard fan, but also an alum who usually has some decent info. TIFWIW.

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al

This is just a rumor... Until someone can substantiate this in any way aside from Twitter, I'm not buying...

bamafaninOhiO

All-American
May 11, 2010
Dayton, Ohio

This is just a rumor... Until someone can substantiate this in any way aside from Twitter, I'm not buying...
exactly righ, just rumors right now.

but, I wouldnt put it past Meyer pulling an offer from him...dont think they were bankling on getting Vonn Bell from what I hear.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.