2014 BCS Championship Team tickets available now

bama2112

All-American
Nov 19, 2006
Cobb County, Ga.
Re: 2014 BCS Championship Team tickets availabe now

I just picked up two BCS tickets from a Rose Bowl Committee member for $385.00 each. Anyone have a breakdown on face value ticket prices in the stadium.

tide96

All-SEC
Oct 4, 2005

Must be nice. I hope we are playing in the game.

But back to the original point of the tread, I think you are crazy to purchase or own an Alabama ticket reservation at this point. You would be MUCH better served by putting that same money (including the face value of the ticket) on the money line for the Auburn and Missouri/USCe games. It is obvious that we have to win both at this point, so why not take the better odds in vegas/online than with this.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

But back to the original point of the tread, I think you are crazy to purchase or own an Alabama ticket reservation at this point. You would be MUCH better served by putting that same money (including the face value of the ticket) on the money line for the Auburn and Missouri/USCe games. It is obvious that we have to win both at this point, so why not take the better odds in vegas/online than with this.
This is actually not a bad idea if you are considering going to the game. Bet enough to win $300 on the Auburn game, then repeat on the SECCG. You will have three possible outcomes:

* You lose the Auburn game - you are not much worse off than buying one of these reservations right now.
* You beat Auburn and lose in the SECCG - you will just about break even on your wagers and be much better off than buying one of these reservations.
* If you win both - you will have plenty of money to buy a ticket on Stubhub including the money that you risked on the wager, with hundres of dollars to spare. You might have enough to buy 2 tickets on Stubhub.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC

Word or warning: Be very careful when buying on the second hand market. I bumped into an old friend at the elevator of our hotel the morning after we beat LSU in NOLA. Her and her husband had bought tickets before the game for $1600 and when they got to the gate they were told they were "fake."

Team tix is a safe way to reserve a ticket. You might lose your reservation fee if we don't make it, but then you get a pretty cheap ticket, compared to the second hand market.

Last edited:

psupoop

1st Team
Nov 17, 2008
Chester Springs, PA

Primary problem with this theory is the massive amount of money you would lose should Auburn win the game. Putting $300 on the ML on Bama means you are probably laying 10:1 odds on a 16 points spread, or in that ballpark. So, if Auburn loses you will pay 3 x $1000 = $3000. That ain't smart, yo. Now, do I think we win and this is moot? Sure, but to have this as your foolproof plan to avoid paying a reservation fee is ludicrous.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

Primary problem with this theory is the massive amount of money you would lose should Auburn win the game. Putting $300 on the ML on Bama means you are probably laying 10:1 odds on a 16 points spread, or in that ballpark. So, if Auburn loses you will pay 3 x $1000 = $3000. That ain't smart, yo. Now, do I think we win and this is moot? Sure, but to have this as your foolproof plan to avoid paying a reservation fee is ludicrous.
No way will it be anywhere near 10:1.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

What is your estimate then? 7:1? Risking 300 x whatever it ends up going off as is crazy. Just take the spread at that point.
I would say about 2.5:1 This puts your risk at $750 to win $300. The current reservation price is $395. You are only risking $350 more for a chance to go for free (tickets).

psupoop

1st Team
Nov 17, 2008
Chester Springs, PA

I would say about 2.5:1 This puts your risk at $750 to win $300. The current reservation price is $395. You are only risking $350 more for a chance to go for free (tickets).
I completely disagree. If we're favored by 15.5-16, it will be WAY higher than -$250 ML. Way, way, way higher. For example, the current ML on the Rutgers @ UCF game, with a 17 point spread, is +$600 if you take Rutgers and -$900 should you choose UCF. Go look it up. The ML can fluctuate so just expecting it to be -900 if we are favored by 17 is not an accurate assumption. Back to my original point, don't go wagering $300 on Bama ML unless you are prepared to skip Christmas all in the name of skipping out on a ticket reservation.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

I completely disagree. If we're favored by 15.5-16, it will be WAY higher than -$250 ML. Way, way, way higher. For example, the current ML on the Rutgers @ UCF game, with a 17 point spread, is +$600 if you take Rutgers and -$900 should you choose UCF. Go look it up. The ML can fluctuate so just expecting it to be -900 if we are favored by 17 is not an accurate assumption. Back to my original point, don't go wagering $300 on Bama ML unless you are prepared to skip Christmas all in the name of skipping out on a ticket reservation.
If you are correct, I agree. I would not risk more than 4:1. Let's see what it looks like next week.

The best way to do this is to start at the beginning of the season and only bet on the close games. As long as you win the first one, you are in pretty good shape. The only way that you get "hurt" is by losing the first game.

BTW, the money line this week for Alabama is crazy. If you bet $100 on Chattanooga and they win, you win $175k.

psupoop

1st Team
Nov 17, 2008
Chester Springs, PA

If you are correct, I agree. I would not risk more than 4:1. Let's see what it looks like next week.

The best way to do this is to start at the beginning of the season and only bet on the close games. As long as you win the first one, you are in pretty good shape. The only way that you get "hurt" is by losing the first game.

BTW, the money line this week for Alabama is crazy. If you bet $100 on Chattanooga and they win, you win $175k.
Imagine what you'd lose...

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

Imagine what you'd lose...
I don't bet on sports, but I get what you are saying. But it is a pretty common philosophy around here - bet on your team using the ML every week that the odds are 5:1 or lower. In my case, if OSU goes undefeated your entire trip to the bowl game is paid for. If they lose, you stop betting until the next season. As long as they don't lose too early in the season, it works out in your favor. The idea isn't to make money, but to fund your Bowl trip. Only risk what you can afford or would gladly spend.

tide96

All-SEC
Oct 4, 2005

I don't bet on sports, but I get what you are saying. But it is a pretty common philosophy around here - bet on your team using the ML every week that the odds are 5:1 or lower. In my case, if OSU goes undefeated your entire trip to the bowl game is paid for. If they lose, you stop betting until the next season. As long as they don't lose too early in the season, it works out in your favor. The idea isn't to make money, but to fund your Bowl trip. Only risk what you can afford or would gladly spend.
Yes, but this is not a foolproof strategy until you know that your team will not make it in with one loss as Alabama has done in the past. At this point we know (with ~95% certainty) that Alabama must win the rest of her games to make it to Pasadena. By betting what you would be paying for a ticket reservation ($400 + $40 in fees + $325 face = $765 each) you could bet that on the money lines and probably get to about $1k per ticket. The way ticket prices fell in years past and with the game in the Rose bowl, I am highly confident you can get tickets in the secondary market for less than this amount and have more control over where you sit as the ticket reservations are typically the wort seat in the stadium (low rows behind the goalposts).

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

Yes, but this is not a foolproof strategy until you know that your team will not make it in with one loss as Alabama has done in the past. At this point we know (with ~95% certainty) that Alabama must win the rest of her games to make it to Pasadena. By betting what you would be paying for a ticket reservation ($400 + $40 in fees + $325 face = $765 each) you could bet that on the money lines and probably get to about $1k per ticket. The way ticket prices fell in years past and with the game in the Rose bowl, I am highly confident you can get tickets in the secondary market for less than this amount and have more control over where you sit as the ticket reservations are typically the wort seat in the stadium (low rows behind the goalposts).
Honestly, I would never pay even the $325 face value for a football ticket like this. I have the money, but choose to spend/invest it elsewhere.

I love watching FB games at home with family and friends. Plus, living in Columbus, I get to see enough live games during the regular season for a fraction of the cost. But I understand those who love these games live.

psupoop

1st Team
Nov 17, 2008
Chester Springs, PA

Are you suggesting putting $765 on Bama on the ML or what you could potentially lose via a ML loss? We'll be heavy favorites for the next 3 weeks, so any ML loss will be huge as it is a multiple of what you wagered. Just take the points...

tide96

All-SEC
Oct 4, 2005

Are you suggesting putting $765 on Bama on the ML or what you could potentially lose via a ML loss? We'll be heavy favorites for the next 3 weeks, so any ML loss will be huge as it is a multiple of what you wagered. Just take the points...
I'm saying the goal is to maximize the amount of money that you will have to buy tickets if we make it to the Pasadena, with the only chance of loss being if we lose a game and don't go. If you take Alabama and give the points, you lose your money if we win by closer than the point spread. This is not helpful for our scenario. Yes, you will not win a lot of money on a -800 or so money line, but it still adds up and maximizes the money you will have available to you if we make it Pasadena.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.