2014 BCS Championship Team tickets available now

jabcmb

All-American
Feb 1, 2006
Birmingham, AL
Re: 2014 BCS Championship Team tickets availabe now

I thought Alabama was too expensive on Teamtix even last February, so I decided to make an educated guess on an underdog BCS Championship opponent for Alabama and got in on 4 FlaSt teamtix at $39 ea. Today, they are worth $400 ea.

Sorry, had to brag. Thank you, Jaboo!

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

I thought Alabama was too expensive on Teamtix even last February, so I decided to make an educated guess on an underdog BCS Championship opponent for Alabama and got in on 4 FlaSt teamtix at $39 ea. Today, they are worth $400 ea.

Sorry, had to brag. Thank you, Jaboo!
You might want to sell.

skipster63

All-SEC
Nov 5, 2010
Buchanan Dam

Word or warning: Be very careful when buying on the second hand market. I bumped into an old friend at the elevator of our hotel the morning after we beat LSU in NOLA. Her and her husband had bought tickets before the game for $1600 and when they got to the gate they were told they were "fake."

Team tix is a safe way to reserve a ticket. You might lose your reservation fee if we don't make it, but then you get a pretty cheap ticket, compared to the second hand market.
good to warn but i have used teamtix three times...no problems.

jabcmb

All-American
Feb 1, 2006
Birmingham, AL

You might want to sell.
I might have. Yesterday, and made 8X the money after all expenses (original cost plus 10% fee to Teamtix both ways).
In spite of any financial gain I may have made, I wish to retract the "thanks, Jaboo" comment in my post above. Doesn't feel right considering allegations and evidence coming to light ...

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

I might have. Yesterday, and made 8X the money after all expenses (original cost plus 10% fee to Teamtix both ways).
In spite of any financial gain I may have made, I wish to retract the "thanks, Jaboo" comment in my post above. Doesn't feel right considering allegations and evidence coming to light ...
Good for you.

bama2112

All-American
Nov 19, 2006
Cobb County, Ga.

Honestly, I would never pay even the $325 face value for a football ticket like this. I have the money, but choose to spend/invest it elsewhere.

I love watching FB games at home with family and friends. Plus, living in Columbus, I get to see enough live games during the regular season for a fraction of the cost. But I understand those who love these games live.
I sold my tickets to the SEC championship game when we lost to Tebow. I purchased a 55 inch plasma TV with the money. This game is on my list. I too said I would never pay $300 dollars a ticket. But I want to be able to say I saw Bama play and hopefully win in the Rose Bowl. I have Coach Bryants book he personally autographed me during a visit to our high school in the 70's. You can buy them on the internet but mine is priceless to me. So IMHO its hard to say you would never pay x amount for something. If your Buckeyes were playing Bama for the Crystal Ball how much would you be willing to spend?

I wont get to see all the replays of the game as I would watching it on TV. But every one I talked with who went to the 2009 BCS game in the Rose Bowl said the experience was worth every penny they paid and I know one gentleman that paid $1500.00 a ticket. My kid would have to be playing for me to spend that amount. Eli will get a second change to say the Rose Bowl is once a again Crimson.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

I sold my tickets to the SEC championship game when we lost to Tebow. I purchased a 55 inch plasma TV with the money. This game is on my list. I too said I would never pay $300 dollars a ticket. But I want to be able to say I saw Bama play and hopefully win in the Rose Bowl. I have Coach Bryants book he personally autographed me during a visit to our high school in the 70's. You can buy them on the internet but mine is priceless to me. So IMHO its hard to say you would never pay x amount for something. If your Buckeyes were playing Bama for the Crystal Ball how much would you be willing to spend?

I wont get to see all the replays of the game as I would watching it on TV. But every one I talked with who went to the 2009 BCS game in the Rose Bowl said the experience was worth every penny they paid and I know one gentleman that paid $1500.00 a ticket. My kid would have to be playing for me to spend that amount. Eli will get a second change to say the Rose Bowl is once a again Crimson.
If the game was within driving distance, maybe $500 each. See, I couldn't just buy one. My wife and I do these things together. That is why a trip to watch a BCSCG is out of the question. We priced it out the last two years and couldn't do it for less than $5k. I have kids getting ready for college and that money is better spent elsewhere.

Ask me again in another 10 years. :cool:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.