Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Big A Does our DL already become faster than last year while maintaining similar strength?

Liner is sure to compete for time right away, Robinson is just a physical freak at defensive tackle.

we're certain to see a rotation of pagan, pettway, fanning, kirven, ivory, lake and stinson/ it feels like we'd be a lot quicker and faster on the line while still having that huge run stuffer in lake, ivory, robinson.

it'll be interesting how we seal the edge and stop the run against VT and TAMU, back to back dual threat qbs. it's settling though knowing we have all summer to prepare for the...saban with time is very scary to opponents/should be unfair.

here's to seeing the greatest class ever blossom into their potential.

roll tide!
    Alabama Crimson Tide

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Hall of Fame
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Re: Does our DL already become faster than last year while maintaining similar streng

Robinson may end up at OL. I do like the of finding more every down players for UTNH offenses though.

Re: Does our DL already become faster than last year while maintaining similar streng

I don't think Liner competes right away. Robinson and Paige could.

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

It's very rare in a CNS defense that any freshman DL's get much starting time. They'll get some mop up duty and the occasional rotational spots, but I have yet to see any really start and contribute much their first year. Most go the way of Pagan and Dareus: rotating in a good bit their sophomore year, and then really getting full time their Jr year.

I think our DL will be better overall this year though, just from some talented guys getting more time to grow. I predict Pagan will be a force in the mold of a Dareus or Williams. I really see him coming out next year.
    Last edited by Johnnyb; February 7th, 2013 at 08:48 AM.
    Tidaltown, USA

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by smohabbat View Post
    Liner is sure to compete for time right away, Robinson is just a physical freak at defensive tackle.

we're certain to see a rotation of pagan, pettway, fanning, kirven, ivory, lake and stinson/ it feels like we'd be a lot quicker and faster on the line while still having that huge run stuffer in lake, ivory, robinson.

it'll be interesting how we seal the edge and stop the run against VT and TAMU, back to back dual threat qbs. it's settling though knowing we have all summer to prepare for the...saban with time is very scary to opponents/should be unfair.

here's to seeing the greatest class ever blossom into their potential.

roll tide!
    You left off Dalvin Tomlinson.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    Coach Bryant

Rasuputin's response to my question "What benefit do tablets provide students?"
    (In an old southern trailer park redneck beer in hand marlboro light in other and camoflauge cutoff shorts man's voice) If a tablet was good enough for Moses and the 10 Commandments then by god they are good enough for my children in school today!!!!!!!

BamaNation Hall of Fame Alasippi's Avatar

I think Allen is the only one who'll play right off the bat but these guys are going to be special.

BamaNation All-American sanjosecrimson's Avatar
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption22 View Post
    I don't think Liner competes right away. Robinson and Paige could.
    agree.

BamaNation All-American sanjosecrimson's Avatar
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by rgw View Post
    Robinson may end up at OL. I do like the of finding more every down players for UTNH offenses though.
    barring massive injuries on the OLine, Robinson will play on the Dline. the young man has NT written all over him.

given the depth at NG and playing these HUNH offenses, rotation of fresh bodies will be crucial down the stretch.

reuben foster will definitely see time coming off the edge, the dude is so quick it's actually mind boggling. Allen, Foster, Williams will be amazing pass rushers from the linebacker position. 2013's defense will be one of the most entertaining and fastest we've had under saban. I think Foster shapes up too and plays for the team. cant wait to see him jack up PR/KR on ST too early in the season
    Alabama Crimson Tide

BamaNation Hall of Fame TideFan in AU's Avatar
    Almost close enough to the pasture to smell it!
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Saban likes for Coach Yeah! Yeah! Yeah! to turn them into monsters before they become starters. I am VERY excited about this year's crop of monster stock, though!

Robinson looks to be better suited for the OL.

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Jack View Post
    Robinson looks to be better suited for the OL.
    He does seem to have long arms and a pretty lean body for how big he is. I really believe he could go either way. Not sure what the scouting report is on him as an OL but he has the potential bodywise.

In saying that, he also could be a stud on the DL as well. He seems like an incredibly powerful young man.
    Tidaltown, USA

Quote Originally Posted by sanjosecrimson View Post
    barring massive injuries on the OLine, Robinson will play on the Dline. the young man has NT written all over him.

given the depth at NG and playing these HUNH offenses, rotation of fresh bodies will be crucial down the stretch.

I agree, I see Robinson playing NT. I think if we had one or two other guys fall in line for us on signing day on the defensive line than OL would have been a bigger possibility. I think nose tackle is his future.
    "I could tell they really didn't want to play against us any longer." - Alabama defensive end Jesse Williams