Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 13 of 18
  1. #1
    BamaNation Second Team BamaRickandLisa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Mississippi
    Posts
    136

    QB's - current and newly signed discussion (watch the teasers!)

    AJ McCarron
    Alex Morris
    Phillip Eli
    Parker McLeod
    Cooper Bateman

    Loaded at QB's... Going to be interesting to see how this shakes out in the up coming months.. Going to be a lot of talent sitting on the bench after Aj and whoever gets the #2 spot..

    RTR

    Rick

  2. Advertisement
  3. #2
    BamaNation All-American Nolan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    South Korea
    Posts
    3,325
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

    Re: QB's

    JMO but I think Blake Sims is our #2 again this year.

  4. #3
    BamaNation Second Team BamaRickandLisa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Mississippi
    Posts
    136
    Thread Starter

    Re: QB's

    JMO,, No way !

  5. #4
    BamaNation All-American AlistarWills's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Birmingham, AL usually
    Posts
    2,368
    My Mood
    Tired on TideFans.com

    Re: QB's

    If you are gonna list em, list em all. Add Blake Sims, and Luke Del Rio. We have 7.
    I've read the end of The Book and I know who wins!

  6. #5
    BamaNation Second Team BamaRickandLisa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Mississippi
    Posts
    136
    Thread Starter

    Re: QB's

    Forgot about Del Rio,,, I just dont think Sims will make it... Maybe he will prove me wrong !

  7. #6
    BamaNation All-American B1GTide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    4,537
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

    Re: QB's

    Saban's comments in his presser yesterday have to make you believe that he sees Alabama's next starting QB in this recruiting class. To paraphrase, he said that the players currently on the team have had their chance and it is time to give this next group theirs.

  8. #7
    BamaNation Hall of Fame RTR91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Prattville
    Posts
    20,593
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

    Re: QB's

    Quote Originally Posted by B1GTide View Post
    Saban's comments in his presser yesterday have to make you believe that he sees Alabama's next starting QB in this recruiting class. To paraphrase, he said that the players currently on the team have had their chance and it is time to give this next group theirs.
    No one expected the guys already on campus to become the starter when AJ graduates. Phillip Simms was the expected replacement prior to his transfer. Blake Sims can run the offense, but many do not see him as a full time starter at Alabama. Phillip Ely fits a McElroy mold, and with the talent at Alabama, he needs more than just smarts to play QB. Alec Morris could possibly take the reigns, but not many (if any) had expectations of him becoming the starter.

    Personally, I would be fine with CNS saying AJ won't play in A-Day to allow the other 6 QBs have more playing time. Everyone knows what we have in AJ. Not playing in one scrimmage will not cause him to lose any chemistry with players.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    Coach Bryant

    Rasuputin's response to my question "What benefit do tablets provide students?"
    (In an old southern trailer park redneck beer in hand marlboro light in other and camoflauge cutoff shorts man's voice) If a tablet was good enough for Moses and the 10 Commandments then by god they are good enough for my children in school today!!!!!!!

  9. #8
    BamaNation All-American Jon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Atlanta 'Burbs
    Posts
    2,946

    Re: QB's

    Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    No one expected the guys already on campus to become the starter when AJ graduates. Phillip Simms was the expected replacement prior to his transfer. Blake Sims can run the offense, but many do not see him as a full time starter at Alabama. Phillip Ely fits a McElroy mold, and with the talent at Alabama, he needs more than just smarts to play QB. Alec Morris could possibly take the reigns, but not many (if any) had expectations of him becoming the starter.

    Personally, I would be fine with CNS saying AJ won't play in A-Day to allow the other 6 QBs have more playing time. Everyone knows what we have in AJ. Not playing in one scrimmage will not cause him to lose any chemistry with players.
    I expect AJ to play in A-day about like a veteran starter in the first NFL pre-season gave, 1/2 the first quarter. Lead 1 drive, maybe 2 just to shake off the rust and then turn it over to the others to fight it out for #2 spot

  10. #9
    BamaNation First Team mark4tide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Hoover, AL
    Posts
    739
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

    Re: QB's

    I'm I crazy to think that all 3 incoming freshmen get a redshirt? Simms, Morris, and Ely should be able to come in and play if AJ goes down and give time for younger guys to develop.

  11. #10
    BamaNation All-American B1GTide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    4,537
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

    Re: QB's

    Quote Originally Posted by mark4tide View Post
    I'm I crazy to think that all 3 incoming freshmen get a redshirt? Simms, Morris, and Ely should be able to come in and play if AJ goes down and give time for younger guys to develop.
    The problem is that you will need a new starter next year, and you will want that starter to have at least some in-game experience. The "next" guy needs to be the back-up in this scenario, IMO.

  12. #11
    BamaNation All-SEC tidefanbeezer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    1,962
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

    Re: QB's

    Quote Originally Posted by BamaRickandLisa View Post
    I just dont think Sims will make it
    Why?

  13. #12
    BamaNation Hall of Fame TommyMac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Mobile, Alabama
    Posts
    13,774
    My Mood
    Happy on TideFans.com

    Re: QB's

    Both Morris and Bateman's recruiting videos were pretty impressive. I didn't see any of Ely's and Blake Sims was recruited more as an athlete than as a QB.

    I'll be surprised if our next QB isn't already on campus or about to be in Bateman's case. We've had a lot of success in developing QBs under Coach Saban, no reason to think otherwise at this point to me.
    "I'm just a simple plowhand from Arkansas, but I've learned over the years how to hold a team together, how to lift some men up, how to calm others down, until finally they've got one heartbeat, together, a team."

    Coach Bryant

  14. #13
    BamaNation Hall of Fame RTR91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Prattville
    Posts
    20,593
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

    Re: QB's

    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    I expect AJ to play in A-day about like a veteran starter in the first NFL pre-season gave, 1/2 the first quarter. Lead 1 drive, maybe 2 just to shake off the rust and then turn it over to the others to fight it out for #2 spot
    I agree that AJ will need to have some playing time to shake off any rust. He can do that in the two closed scrimmages, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyMac View Post
    I'll be surprised if our next QB isn't already on campus or about to be in Bateman's case. We've had a lot of success in developing QBs under Coach Saban, no reason to think otherwise at this point to me.
    Bateman is an EE, so he's already on campus. Actually, all 3 QBs from this class are on campus.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    Coach Bryant

    Rasuputin's response to my question "What benefit do tablets provide students?"
    (In an old southern trailer park redneck beer in hand marlboro light in other and camoflauge cutoff shorts man's voice) If a tablet was good enough for Moses and the 10 Commandments then by god they are good enough for my children in school today!!!!!!!

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
'Gear UP! Get your University of Alabama Crimson Tide National Championship & Football Dynasty Gear!