Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    BamaNation All-SEC

Re: QB's

Quote Originally Posted by Nolcbear View Post
    JMO but I think Blake Sims is our #2 again this year.

I dont see this, as we'll be grooming our starting QB for next season. I think that whoever comes out of the spring will be getting some real reps and ecperience to prepare...so, just dont see blake being the #2 guy

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation All-SEC

Quote Originally Posted by B1GTide View Post
    Saban's comments in his presser yesterday have to make you believe that he sees Alabama's next starting QB in this recruiting class. To paraphrase, he said that the players currently on the team have had their chance and it is time to give this next group theirs.

Kind of sounds like they may be told that they're not going to be starting on the team, and may decide to transfer out.

After watching and looking at these guys I think Luke Del Rio will be the best out of them this year.. Blake still wants to go to the NFL so I think he may still play some QB but will be used else where too.

BamaNation Hall of Fame Alasippi's Avatar

Unless one of the young ones truly stands out in the spring I think Blake will be the backup again, especially initially, simply because he has some game experience.

Who the next starter will be is a complete toss up at this point. Morris has a rocket arm and is big. Bateman is a superb passer, I know little about Mcleod, Ely is a capable game manager. I really think Del Rio is going to surprise a lot of folks.

We'll find out in the spring.

Quote Originally Posted by mark4tide View Post
    I'm I crazy to think that all 3 incoming freshmen get a redshirt? Simms, Morris, and Ely should be able to come in and play if AJ goes down and give time for younger guys to develop.
    I agree with those who've said that we'll want next years starter to get some real game experience this year. Therefore, whoever comes out of fall camp as the #2 shouldn't red shirt IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexD View Post
    After watching and looking at these guys I think Luke Del Rio will be the best out of them this year.. Blake still wants to go to the NFL so I think he may still play some QB but will be used else where too.
    Problem here is LDR will have to count against #s this year if he plays next year. Of course, IF he turns out to be the best option then I'm sure CNS will figure out how the numbers will work.

But, at any rate, I can't imagine a scenario of going into 2014 and not having already identified the "future" qb by giving him some playing time this year.