Blog: Latest Bama News 2/7/2013

kyallie

FB Moderator
Staff member
Jan 17, 2010
Shakopee Minnesota, via Birmingham Alabama
''I think we added fast-twitch pass-rushing athletic guys to the defensive line category as being a higher priority because of more spread offenses, more athletic quarterbacks,'' Saban said. ''The same things that NFL teams are talking about when they play against RGIII or (Colin) Kaepernick or the guy from Seattle (Russell Wilson) who are athletic and run the ball. We have to be able to adapt to that level of athleticism, and that means we have to be more athletic to do that.''
Bama polishes off top class with key pickups - Yahoo! Sports

kyallie

FB Moderator
Staff member
Jan 17, 2010
For review and more intensive study, the first step I took toward that end was choosing games in which Lacy faced competent run defenses. I didn't want to see him tee off on Florida Atlantic, Western Carolina, or Auburn. So I re-watched Lacy against four top-35 NCAA run defenses, including three that finished in the top 20.
Eddie Lacy, NFL-Ready Back - Evaluations - Rotoworld.com-via RBR

kyallie

FB Moderator
Staff member
Jan 17, 2010

kyallie

FB Moderator
Staff member
Jan 17, 2010

Ohio State recruiting: Urban Meyer aiming for Alabama — not just Michigan-SN.com

It was all teed up for Urban Meyer, the sort of rivalry meatball any coach would love to take a giant swing at.But not Urb. He just left well enough alone.Asked Wednesday afternoon about Michigan continuing to get fat on Ohio players in recruiting—the Wolverines signed nine from the state this year—Meyer basically blew off the question.“It’s not just them,” he said. “You’re going to come to Ohio to get great players.”Geez, at the least he could’ve gone with: If we wanted those nine guys, we’d have them.Or, even better: We’ll see in four years how many Big Ten titles they’ve won.But no. And you know why Meyer let the question slide? Because he’s bypassing Michigan and the rest of the conference and aiming straight at Alabama.
I guess we're gonna have to retire him again...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.