Question: What positions will new recruits play?

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
That's great but he still was among the leaders in most every offensive category in the metro area. He may have been projected as a CB by recruiting magazines but...wait for it... looks like he's on offense where he belongs. I guess maybe Saban knows a bit more than the "experts". :smile:

Now if someone like Marlon Humphry a true DB, was switched to WR after coming to Bama that would be more in line with the OP. IMO of course.
I am from the Birmingham area also and Christion was a major offensive force in 6A football with the ball in his hands. He was projected as a DB by almost all the recruiting services but he was known for his offense and returns.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
That's great but he still was among the leaders in most every offensive category in the metro area. He may have been projected as a CB by recruiting magazines but...wait for it... looks like he's on offense where he belongs. I guess maybe Saban knows a bit more than the "experts". :smile:

Now if someone like Marlon Humphry a true DB, was switched to WR after coming to Bama that would be more in line with the OP. IMO of course.
Didn't he play both ways, though? Thought he did. Maybe I'm thinking of Jonathon Rose.

Nolan

Hall of Fame
Jul 4, 2006
Oahu
I heard, from someone who is "in the know", that Derrick Henry has been doing nothing but leg workouts... The plan is to play him at Punter in part of our new "Even Wilder Tide" package where he has a chance to run/punt on every 4th down... He will also be taking over the Strength and Conditioning program after besting Coach Cochran in a contest of holding up four fingers in the air...he's still holding.
You pulled me in there for a minute. Don't do that! Lol

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
I heard, from someone who is "in the know", that Derrick Henry has been doing nothing but leg workouts... The plan is to play him at Punter in part of our new "Even Wilder Tide" package where he has a chance to run/punt on every 4th down...
Doesn't Alabama have a recruit that already did that? Robert Foster was a punter in high school and you'll notice no other recruit at punter... just sayin'

glasscutter256

All-American
Jan 31, 2009
Huntsville
I assume we will be recruiting a punter in next years class. Can Adam Griffith punt too?

That would be something if Robert Foster was our punter and punt returner.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.