Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    BamaNation All-American
    Recipes
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Re: FootballScoop says Stoutland to the Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by MrRourke View Post
    Tough break, but any rising young assiant, or any coach with aspirations to move up would be salivating to step in and coach that line with this offense we have returning
    Just like Coach Saban had a list of sorts when it came to replacing our OC...
    I'm pretty sure he has a list of guys that he would recruit to the OL job.

It's kind of hard for a coach to turn down an offer from CNS.
    The pay is right, the chance to work with the best football players in college football,
    best facilities... (The chance to walk away with finger jewelry...)
    It's true that Coach Saban works everyone harder than anywhere else,
    but the payoff is in the winning.
    If a coach has aspirations of moving up in the coaching ranks, it never hurts to be able to say... Coached on BCS Championship team under Coach Saban.
    (That's money in the pocket)
    Last edited by Ole Man Dan; February 7th, 2013 at 11:31 PM. Reason: format

2. Advertisement
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

CNS's statement about Stoutland leaving:

Coach Stoutland did an excellent job with our offensive line along with each and every responsibility he had while he was here at the University of Alabama. We appreciate all that he did in terms of his time and his dedication in contributing to the success weve had over the last two years. Hes an outstanding coach and he will do a great job with the Eagles. We wish him and his family the best.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    Coach Bryant

Rasuputin's response to my question "What benefit do tablets provide students?"
    (In an old southern trailer park redneck beer in hand marlboro light in other and camoflauge cutoff shorts man's voice) If a tablet was good enough for Moses and the 10 Commandments then by god they are good enough for my children in school today!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JBama_in_PCOLA View Post
    I doubt it, maybe just maybe for one season...

Sent from Jay's iPhone via Tapatalk
    I honestly think that it would be mistake. I think that he was out of retirement last time, and made no bones about wanting to return to retirement again (interesting place he chose!). That hurt our OL recruiting to some degree - that along with his perhaps less than enthusiastic recruiting. (I don't blame him; I'm to old to have the energy and the patience it would take.) Most kids are sophisticated enough to realize that they may not have the same position coach for the entire stay, but it does hurt if they think they may have an immediate change...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

BamaNation Second Team

What's Mario Cristobal doing these days?

BamaNation First Team tidefan26's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by scrodz View Post
    Miami I think.
    Sic semper tyrannis

BamaNation All-American
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by 257WBY View Post
    Trying to copy Alabama didn't go so well for Mack.
    Mack has never figured out, that recruiting is only part of the answer.
    It's what you do with the recruits that makes them NFL material.
    We coach the up.

BamaNation First Team Snuffy Smith's Avatar

FootballScoop says Stoutland to the Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    I honestly think that it would be mistake. I think that he was out of retirement last time, and made no bones about wanting to return to retirement again (interesting place he chose!). That hurt our OL recruiting to some degree - that along with his perhaps less than enthusiastic recruiting. (I don't blame him; I'm to old to have the energy and the patience it would take.) Most kids are sophisticated enough to realize that they may not have the same position coach for the entire stay, but it does hurt if they think they may have an immediate change...
    This plus just the thought of leaving retirement and going to work for Nick Saban makes me shutter.

BamaNation Hall of Fame CrimsonSEC's Avatar
    My Mood
    Busy on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Snuffy Smith View Post
    This plus just the thought of leaving retirement and going to work for Nick Saban makes me shudder.
    FIFY
    Lee

"A long way," he said after being asked how far the Crimson Tide had come since Coach Nick Saban arrived three years ago. "I guess you could say it's the distance from Shreveport to Pasadena."
    Mike Johnson

BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States
    My Mood
    Mellow on TideFans.com

I agree, but if he is up to it I think he should. Any prospects out there?
    ROLL TIDE!

I agree, but if he is up to it I think he should. Any prospects out there?
    I've since learned that Pendry is very actively involved and probably was the reason for the choice of the Canadian kid at OT. However, I don't think he would come back full time...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States
    My Mood
    Mellow on TideFans.com

I've since learned that Pendry is very actively involved and probably was the reason for the choice of the Canadian kid at OT. However, I don't think he would come back full time...
    Well, Stoutland did a great job being OLine Coach. If anyone can pick then it's CNS. With Pendry's input, I'm sure we'll still excel at the positions along the line.

Sent from Jay's iPhone via Tapatalk
    ROLL TIDE!

BamaNation All-American IMALOYAL1's Avatar
    My Mood
    Fine on TideFans.com

Well, Stoutland did a great job being OLine Coach. If anyone can pick then it's CNS. With Pendry's input, I'm sure we'll still excel at the positions along the line.

This is exactly how I feel. No big hurry. It's the perfect way to replace a coach.

If it takes any amount of time it will probably be due to an abundance of applicants requesting consideration.

BamaNation Second Team

Quote Originally Posted by scrodz View Post
    Yes! Nice to be right once in a (long) while...