FootballScoop says Stoutland to the Eagles

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
CNS's statement about Stoutland leaving:

Coach Stoutland did an excellent job with our offensive line along with each and every responsibility he had while he was here at the University of Alabama. We appreciate all that he did in terms of his time and his dedication in contributing to the success we’ve had over the last two years. He’s an outstanding coach and he will do a great job with the Eagles. We wish him and his family the best.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I doubt it, maybe just maybe for one season...

Sent from Jay's iPhone via Tapatalk
I honestly think that it would be mistake. I think that he was out of retirement last time, and made no bones about wanting to return to retirement again (interesting place he chose!). That hurt our OL recruiting to some degree - that along with his perhaps less than enthusiastic recruiting. (I don't blame him; I'm to old to have the energy and the patience it would take.) Most kids are sophisticated enough to realize that they may not have the same position coach for the entire stay, but it does hurt if they think they may have an immediate change...

Snuffy Smith

All-American
Sep 12, 2012
Huntsville, AL
I honestly think that it would be mistake. I think that he was out of retirement last time, and made no bones about wanting to return to retirement again (interesting place he chose!). That hurt our OL recruiting to some degree - that along with his perhaps less than enthusiastic recruiting. (I don't blame him; I'm to old to have the energy and the patience it would take.) Most kids are sophisticated enough to realize that they may not have the same position coach for the entire stay, but it does hurt if they think they may have an immediate change...
This plus just the thought of leaving retirement and going to work for Nick Saban makes me shutter.

I agree, but if he is up to it I think he should. Any prospects out there?

I've since learned that Pendry is very actively involved and probably was the reason for the choice of the Canadian kid at OT. However, I don't think he would come back full time...
Well, Stoutland did a great job being OLine Coach. If anyone can pick then it's CNS. With Pendry's input, I'm sure we'll still excel at the positions along the line.

Sent from Jay's iPhone via Tapatalk

IMALOYAL1

All-American
Oct 28, 2000
Birmingham AL
Well, Stoutland did a great job being OLine Coach. If anyone can pick then it's CNS. With Pendry's input, I'm sure we'll still excel at the positions along the line.

This is exactly how I feel. No big hurry. It's the perfect way to replace a coach.

If it takes any amount of time it will probably be due to an abundance of applicants requesting consideration.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.