Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910
    BamaNation Hall of Fame GrayTide's Avatar

Re: Be Honest-After Shula Was Fired/Before Coach S Was Hired, Who Did You Want As Coa

Not wanting to start another thread, and since we are talking coaches; I was thinking after reading some of the posts on here, what would have happened if Bill Oliver had not jumped to au. Do you think if he had been patient and stayed he would have been named HC after CGS retired? If that had happened would we have avoided the dark period of Dubose, Francione, Price and Shula? Would he have won at least 1 NC and where would we be today? I will hang up and listen.
    "My momma always said you got to put the past behind you before you can move on." Forrest Gump

"The past is never dead. It's not even past." William Faulkner

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Hall of Fame Alasippi's Avatar
    My Mood
    Cloud_9 on TideFans.com

Re: Be Honest-After Shula Was Fired/Before Coach S Was Hired, Who Did You Want As Coa

Quote Originally Posted by GrayTide View Post
    Not wanting to start another thread, and since we are talking coaches; I was thinking after reading some of the posts on here, what would have happened if Bill Oliver had not jumped to au. Do you think if he had been patient and stayed he would have been named HC after CGS retired? If that had happened would we have avoided the dark period of Dubose, Francione, Price and Shula? Would he have won at least 1 NC and where would we be today? I will hang up and listen.
    I think he may have been given a shot. He definitely would have fared better than the other four who followed Stallings.
    With the probation problems though I think winning a national title would have been extremely difficult.