Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    BamaNation First Team Roll Tide 00's Avatar
    My Mood
    Aggressive1 on TideFans.com

Re: Be Honest-After Shula Was Fired/Before Coach S Was Hired, Who Did You Want As Coa

Saban first but if not i wanted Rick Neuheisel lol

2. Advertisement
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Be Honest-After Shula Was Fired/Before Coach S Was Hired, Who Did You Want As Coach?

I'm not a fan of firing coaches. So I was hoping they gave Mike more time to get it right. At the time, I didn't know as much about the inner workings of his program that I do now, although I was on campus during his entire tenure
    "I didn't come to Alabama to win 10 games a year and be a contender. I came here to win championships. Conference championships and national championships. I love it here because that's just not what I want, but what this fanbase expects."
    --Alabama Head Football Coach, Nick Saban

“Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on it’s ability to climb a tree, it will spend it’s whole life believing it is stupid.” — Albert Einstein

BamaNation First Team Rolltide_PA's Avatar
    My Mood
    Fine on TideFans.com

Re: Be Honest-After Shula Was Fired/Before Coach S Was Hired, Who Did You Want As Coa

rich rod

BamaNation Hall of Fame Alasippi's Avatar
    My Mood
    Cloud_9 on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by WMack4Bama View Post
    I'm not a fan of firing coaches. So I was hoping they gave Mike more time to get it right. At the time, I didn't know as much about the inner workings of his program that I do now, although I was on campus during his entire tenure
    I felt for Shula in a way also but I think the job was just too big for his experience level.

My Mood
    Cloud_9 on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Rolltide_PA View Post
    rich rod
    Wow...now this is a brave man folks

In order I was hoping for: 1) Saban
    2) Spurrier
    3) Rich Rod

.....so glad things worked out.
    Bama 879-315-44 72.7% On the field

24 SEC CHAMPIONSHIPS

BamaNation All-American Catfish's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by tidefan39817 View Post
    Gary Patterson from TCU
    He was my choice, too. Of the non-Saban candidates, I think he's done the most with what he's had to work with since then. Spurrier's pretty close, though.
    "...Defense shut 'em down! Offense make plays! Hey, let's go be champions, boys!"- Greg McElroy

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by selmaborntidefan View Post
    Saban.

And I never wavered.
    This!

BamaNation All-SEC KrimsonNinja's Avatar
    My Mood
    Busy on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by N AL Tider View Post
    Paul Johnson
    That was my choice as well. I thought we had no shot at getting Saban.
    "In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act" - George Orwell

Suspended

Good question.

I think after DuBose, Frann, Price and Shula, I had almost given up, and also given up on Coach Moore being able to make a good hire

BamaNation All-American MattinBama's Avatar

Paul Johnson here as well. Thought he would have Georgia Tech better than they are and definitely happy my choice at the time didn't go through.

My Mood
    Cloud_9 on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by MrRourke View Post
    Good question.

I think after DuBose, Frann, Price and Shula, I had almost given up, and also given up on Coach Moore being able to make a good hire
    Well thank goodness Mal came through!! He played for Coach Bryant who always said, "Win the game in the fourth quarter".

Mal indeed did.

sip

BamaNation All-American

Jim Grobe.