Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Re: Be Honest-After Shula Was Fired/Before Coach S Was Hired, Who Did You Want As Coa

There was no talk of who Alabama was going after for a long time so I hoped and kind of suspected we were holding out for Coach Saban, but I didn't really think he would come.

I'll admit I was happy with Rich Rod. I still think he's a pretty good coach, but man am I glad it didn't work out.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation All-SEC
    My Mood
    Twisted on TideFans.com

Re: Be Honest-After Shula Was Fired/Before Coach S Was Hired, Who Did You Want As Coa

I was hoping they could talk Bebes out of retirement !

BamaNation All-American TheRealPokeChop's Avatar
    My Mood
    Aggressive on TideFans.com

here's my top 5 list. 1. Dylan, 2. Dylan, Dylan Dylan and Dylan. (not everyone will get that but for those that do hope you enjoyed it.)

Seriously Saban was the one I wanted. Was ok but let down when it looked like Rich Rod. After that I was really still hoping against hope for Saban. Worked out for me.
    Serve no master but your own ambition.

BamaNation Third Team

I remember thinking Alabama was one more bad hire away from being Ole Miss.

I wanted Saban to come but I never thought Bama would get him cause the Dolphins season was getting better towards the end .

BamaNation Hall of Fame TideFan in AU's Avatar
    Almost close enough to the pasture to smell it!
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

My top 5 was as follows:

Saban - I thought there was zero chance, but the name was out there, I wanted those defenses he had at LSU. I thought he bwas unobtainium.

Spurrier - I know some people on Lake Martin that know Bill Oliver personally, and there was more interest by Spurrier than many ppl realize according to Brother. Brother wanted to come back here, and would have (at least tried) if Spurrier did.

Butch Davis - I knew he might be a gamble, but I was knew he was a pretty good coach.

Rich Rod (I know, I know...)

Paul Johnson - What can I say - his agent, dabaxter, was wearing on me!

After the Rich Rod hire/no hire ordeal - I thought Paul Johnson would be about the best we could do.
    “And the roses in this grand ol’ stadium are once again Crimson!” - Eli Gold, Jan 7th, 2010

Alabama wasn’t just dominating Monday night. They were some word that has yet to be invented in the English language. - Aaron Torres, Jan 10th, 2012

"If this was a prize fight, they'd call it off!" - Brent Musberger, Jan 7th, 2013

BamaNation First Team

I didn't think any of the S men - Saban, Spurrier, Stoops - was either possible or advisable. I was thinking Paul Johnson or Jeff Tedford, based on their past performance. I think I'll stick with my day job...
    Last edited by Isaiah 63:1; February 8th, 2013 at 12:04 PM.

BamaNation Hall of Fame GrayTide's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tidefan39817 View Post
    Gary Patterson from TCU
    I never even considered CNS. I knew Patterson was a strong defensive coach and that fit in with Alabama. Since SOS was already at USCe, and had been there for only 2 years, he was not going to leave Columbia. I preferred Grobe over Rich Rod and Johnson. Even when CNS's name surfaced I knew, not thought, we had no chance. Thanks to CMM we are where we are.
    "My momma always said you got to put the past behind you before you can move on." Forrest Gump

"The past is never dead. It's not even past." William Faulkner

BamaNation Second Team

Spurrier

BamaNation Hall of Fame Displaced Bama Fan's Avatar

I was hoping Stallings would come back and at least salvage the program.

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Rich Rod
    If God wanted me to be humble, he would have sent me to Auburn.

Bill Parcells -- if not Coach Superior...we were desperate. Mal Moore can stay as long as he wants to in my book...(and I have absolutely no say or pull whatsoever.)
    "The greatest evil in the world is not 'not knowing;' it is not knowing that you do not know." Alfred North Whitehead

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealPokeChop View Post
    here's my top 5 list. 1. Dylan, 2. Dylan, Dylan Dylan and Dylan. (not everyone will get that but for those that do hope you enjoyed it.)

Seriously Saban was the one I wanted. Was ok but let down when it looked like Rich Rod. After that I was really still hoping against hope for Saban. Worked out for me.

Tink abow Tit.
    "I didn't come to Alabama to win 10 games a year and be a contender. I came here to win championships. Conference championships and national championships. I love it here because that's just not what I want, but what this fanbase expects."
    --Alabama Head Football Coach, Nick Saban

“Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on it’s ability to climb a tree, it will spend it’s whole life believing it is stupid.” — Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Displaced Bama Fan View Post
    I was hoping Stallings would come back and at least salvage the program.
    I had completely forgotten that there was talk of that. I think Coach Stallings even allluded to it in an interview.