Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Re: Be Honest-After Shula Was Fired/Before Coach S Was Hired, Who Did You Want As Coa

Butch Davis

2. Advertisement

Be Honest-After Shula Was Fired/Before Coach S Was Hired, Who Did You Want As Coach?

Quote Originally Posted by Big_Al View Post
    I remember thinking Alabama was one more bad hire away from being Ole Miss.
    I remember thinking Alabama was one more bad hire away from being Auburn
    :-)

Paul Johnson was my choice

Re: Be Honest-After Shula Was Fired/Before Coach S Was Hired, Who Did You Want As Coa

Quote Originally Posted by M2J View Post
    Butch Davis
    With him, we'd probably be on probation for eternity.
    "Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, Give me Liberty, or give me Death!" Patrick Henry

BamaNation Hall of Fame deliveryman35's Avatar
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

Bob Stoops.
    "Football is a hard game. These spread coaches forget that. Until good defenses remind them." Gene Stallings

BamaNation All-SEC WylieTexasTider's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Butch Davis or Greg Schiano
    "What happened yesterday is history. What happens tomorrow is a mystery. What we do today makes a difference - the precious present moment."-Nick Saban

My Mood
    Blah on TideFans.com

Well to be honest after Rich Rod back out Jess wrote an article here on tide fans about not ruling out Nick Saban. I thought jess was crazy.
    Last edited by bamaga; February 8th, 2013 at 12:04 AM.
    to 16 and beyond........

I was hoping for Saban but to be honest I never we would get him.I admit that one day I even posted that I thought there was no way we would get him. I was thinking either Gary Patterson or Paul Johnson might take the job. I wasn't to thrilled with Rich Rod but I thought he would do ok. I supported Shula until the Miss State game that year and I was really hoping he would be replaced. I didn't he would ever beat tubs and that thought made me sick.

BamaNation Second Team

I wanted Lane Kiffin. Thank God I was not in charge of the coaching search and that was because I didn't think Coach Saban would leave Miami.
    Last edited by cjhadley; February 7th, 2013 at 10:02 PM.

BamaNation Second Team

Rich Rodriguez

BamaNation All-SEC Perrett4Bama's Avatar
    My Mood
    Happy on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by N AL Tider View Post
    Paul Johnson
    This
    "In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth." Genesis 1:1

BamaNation All-American Matt0424's Avatar
    My Mood
    Happy on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Al A Bama View Post
    With him, we'd probably be on probation for eternity.
    Although the UNC stuff happened on his watch, which doesn't look good, he was exonerated of having anything to do with it. No violations on his part were ever found, and he was let go from UNC as a look to completely change the direction of the football program. Not saying he is a saint by any means, just that the UNC investigation/sanctions had nothing to do with him directly.

BamaNation Hall of Fame Redwood Forrest's Avatar
    My Mood
    Cheerful on TideFans.com

I wanted a provern HC and not a Dubose or Shula who would have to have "on the job" training. You know, let the Vandy's and the Miss St's of the football world give otj training and let the top programs hire the proven. I had no one particular person in mind, just wanted someone who had proven they could win big. I still feel that way. Roll Tide.
    An atheist is a man who has no invisible means of support. John Buchan

BamaNation Hall of Fame Alasippi's Avatar

I also entertained thoughts of Gruden.