Be Honest-After Shula Was Fired/Before Coach S Was Hired, Who Did You Want As Coach?

MrRourke

Suspended
Jan 24, 2013
Good question.

I think after DuBose, Frann, Price and Shula, I had almost given up, and also given up on Coach Moore being able to make a good hire

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
Paul Johnson here as well. Thought he would have Georgia Tech better than they are and definitely happy my choice at the time didn't go through.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
Good question.

I think after DuBose, Frann, Price and Shula, I had almost given up, and also given up on Coach Moore being able to make a good hire
Well thank goodness Mal came through!! He played for Coach Bryant who always said, "Win the game in the fourth quarter".

Mal indeed did.

sip

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
There was no talk of who Alabama was going after for a long time so I hoped and kind of suspected we were holding out for Coach Saban, but I didn't really think he would come.

I'll admit I was happy with Rich Rod. I still think he's a pretty good coach, but man am I glad it didn't work out.

TheRealPokeChop

Hall of Fame
Jul 7, 2010
Hueytown, Al
here's my top 5 list. 1. Dylan, 2. Dylan, Dylan Dylan and Dylan. (not everyone will get that but for those that do hope you enjoyed it.)

Seriously Saban was the one I wanted. Was ok but let down when it looked like Rich Rod. After that I was really still hoping against hope for Saban. Worked out for me.

Big_Al

BamaNation Citizen
Oct 21, 2005
I remember thinking Alabama was one more bad hire away from being Ole Miss.

I wanted Saban to come but I never thought Bama would get him cause the Dolphins season was getting better towards the end .

TideFan in AU

Hall of Fame
My top 5 was as follows:

Saban - I thought there was zero chance, but the name was out there, I wanted those defenses he had at LSU. I thought he bwas unobtainium.

Spurrier - I know some people on Lake Martin that know Bill Oliver personally, and there was more interest by Spurrier than many ppl realize according to Brother. Brother wanted to come back here, and would have (at least tried) if Spurrier did.

Butch Davis - I knew he might be a gamble, but I was knew he was a pretty good coach.

Rich Rod (I know, I know...)

Paul Johnson - What can I say - his agent, dabaxter, was wearing on me!;)

After the Rich Rod hire/no hire ordeal - I thought Paul Johnson would be about the best we could do.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
Gary Patterson from TCU
I never even considered CNS. I knew Patterson was a strong defensive coach and that fit in with Alabama. Since SOS was already at USCe, and had been there for only 2 years, he was not going to leave Columbia. I preferred Grobe over Rich Rod and Johnson. Even when CNS's name surfaced I knew, not thought, we had no chance. Thanks to CMM we are where we are.

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL
here's my top 5 list. 1. Dylan, 2. Dylan, Dylan Dylan and Dylan. (not everyone will get that but for those that do hope you enjoyed it.)

Seriously Saban was the one I wanted. Was ok but let down when it looked like Rich Rod. After that I was really still hoping against hope for Saban. Worked out for me.

Tink abow Tit.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.