Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    BamaNation Hall of Fame
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Re: CoachingSearch.com Reports Cam Cameron Offered LSU OC Position

Nobody wants to say it around the program but Kragthorpe's issues have been thought to effect on-field performance. I think everyone within the staff likes Kragthorpe and his scheme but his life is going in a different direction with more important priorities right now. It would probably do him and the program a lot of good to get into an off-field duty within the program where the hours are more realistic and compatible to his condition.

It's pretty telling that they didn't go for a guy more like Crowton - a spread multiples guy - but another pro-set type coordinator. I don't think it signals a Kragthorpe firing as much as both parties agree it would be best to get him somewhere less hectic.

2. Advertisement
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

As a Ravens PSL owner who has watched Cam coordinate game for the last however many years I will tell you I approve LSU making this hire. Cam overthinks the playbook, loses track of what worked and what didn't within a game and seemed to forget to use his horses for stretches during the season. Anquan Boldin broke out this year after Cam was let go. Was he that much better a receiver since Cam's firing or was he just underused in Cam's gameplan.

He has a reputation for being some kind of smart coach but in my opinion he is just not.

My Mood
    Cool on TideFans.com

The guy is great at designing an offense. He just out thinks himself when calling plays. That Ravesns offense was his, he just was to indecisive at times.

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    If I were an LSU fan, I'd say "I'm afraid you're right." This is based on reading many of their fan posts...
    But but but but I thought Miles was a better coach than Saban
    If God wanted me to be humble, he would have sent me to Auburn.

My Mood
    Cynical on TideFans.com

C C had a reputation here of running a vanilla and predictable offense. He seemed to be stuck in a rut of 1st & 10, hand off to Rice. He helped develop Flacco but also held him back. Sometimes however a change of venue can force a change in philosophy.

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Bamaro View Post
    C C had a reputation here of running a vanilla and predictable offense. He seemed to be stuck in a rut of 1st & 10, hand off to Rice. He helped develop Flacco but also held him back. Sometimes however a change of venue can force a change in philosophy.
    He and Les will get along just fine then. There are only a couple of teams that can line up and say you know what I am going to run, try to stop me and LSWho has been one of the them. I'm not sure they are going to be able to get away with it with the attrition they had.

Administrator &
    Editor-in-Chief

I still remember when he was head coach at Indiana. During Antwan Randle-El's senior (?) year, he moved Randle-El from quarterback to wide receiver and started some kid at QB who couldn't distribute the ball. The theory was that Randle-El would make plays downfield, but they couldn't get it to him. The theory wasn't even sound; if your best playmaker is your best playmaker because of what he can do with the ball in his hands, you don't move him from the position where he gets the ball 60-70 times a game to a place where he's lucky to see it 10 times a game. They didn't stick with the plan the whole year, but it had done so much damage by the time he finally changed up his plan that I believe the Randle-El situation is what cost Cameron not only the Indiana job, but a future at a larger school. He was a "coach to watch" at the time. His work in the pros has been unspectacular to this point.

On the flip side, he was a good recruiter at Indiana and should help LSU there.
    Jess Nicholas
    Editor-In-Chief
    TideFans.com

BamaNation Hall of Fame selmaborntidefan's Avatar
    My Mood
    Depressed on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    If I were an LSU fan, I'd say "I'm afraid you're right." This is based on reading many of their fan posts...
    If you were an LSU fan, you wouldn't be posting on TideFans.

(Rim shot!)
    I'll always look back as I walk away
    This memory will last for eternity
    And all of our tears will be lost in the rain
    Til I find my way back to your arms again
    But until that day you know you are
    The queen of my heart

BamaNation All-American IMALOYAL1's Avatar
    My Mood
    Fine on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by TiderJ View Post
    There are only a couple of teams that can line up and say you know what I am going to run, try to stop me and LSWho has been one of the them.
    This is what I love about Coach Saban. He is not satisfied to play that game. We have steadily improved our offense and become more diverse each year.

BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

CoachingSearch.com Reports Cam Cameron Offered LSU OC Position

Quote Originally Posted by JessN View Post
    I still remember when he was head coach at Indiana. During Antwan Randle-El's senior (?) year, he moved Randle-El from quarterback to wide receiver and started some kid at QB who couldn't distribute the ball. The theory was that Randle-El would make plays downfield, but they couldn't get it to him. The theory wasn't even sound; if your best playmaker is your best playmaker because of what he can do with the ball in his hands, you don't move him from the position where he gets the ball 60-70 times a game to a place where he's lucky to see it 10 times a game. They didn't stick with the plan the whole year, but it had done so much damage by the time he finally changed up his plan that I believe the Randle-El situation is what cost Cameron not only the Indiana job, but a future at a larger school. He was a "coach to watch" at the time. His work in the pros has been unspectacular to this point.

On the flip side, he was a good recruiter at Indiana and should help LSU there.
    Anyone bothered by this move? With JN saying this I'm even less worried...

Sent from Jay's iPhone via Tapatalk
    ROLL TIDE!

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

And it was made official today.

When Cam Cameron lost his job as offensive coordinator with the Baltimore Ravens in December, LSU coach Les Miles knew there was an opportunity.

"When he came available, I knew there was an outside chance that he might be available to us," Miles said. "And I texted him immediately, which is not uncommon because of our relationship, and things fell together exactly right."

Cameron landed the offensive coordinator job at LSU and was introduced at a news conference Friday.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    Coach Bryant

Rasuputin's response to my question "What benefit do tablets provide students?"
    (In an old southern trailer park redneck beer in hand marlboro light in other and camoflauge cutoff shorts man's voice) If a tablet was good enough for Moses and the 10 Commandments then by god they are good enough for my children in school today!!!!!!!