CoachingSearch.com Reports Cam Cameron Offered LSU OC Position

IMALOYAL1

All-American
Oct 28, 2000
Birmingham AL
There are only a couple of teams that can line up and say you know what I am going to run, try to stop me and LSWho has been one of the them.
This is what I love about Coach Saban. He is not satisfied to play that game. We have steadily improved our offense and become more diverse each year.

I still remember when he was head coach at Indiana. During Antwan Randle-El's senior (?) year, he moved Randle-El from quarterback to wide receiver and started some kid at QB who couldn't distribute the ball. The theory was that Randle-El would make plays downfield, but they couldn't get it to him. The theory wasn't even sound; if your best playmaker is your best playmaker because of what he can do with the ball in his hands, you don't move him from the position where he gets the ball 60-70 times a game to a place where he's lucky to see it 10 times a game. They didn't stick with the plan the whole year, but it had done so much damage by the time he finally changed up his plan that I believe the Randle-El situation is what cost Cameron not only the Indiana job, but a future at a larger school. He was a "coach to watch" at the time. His work in the pros has been unspectacular to this point.

On the flip side, he was a good recruiter at Indiana and should help LSU there.
Anyone bothered by this move? With JN saying this I'm even less worried...

Sent from Jay's iPhone via Tapatalk

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
And it was made official today.

When Cam Cameron lost his job as offensive coordinator with the Baltimore Ravens in December, LSU coach Les Miles knew there was an opportunity.

"When he came available, I knew there was an outside chance that he might be available to us," Miles said. "And I texted him immediately, which is not uncommon because of our relationship, and things fell together exactly right."

Cameron landed the offensive coordinator job at LSU and was introduced at a news conference Friday.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.