Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    BamaNation Third Team KgMoonracr's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Offensive Line Assistant coaches

That sounds like Coach Saban's type a "relentless" recruiter.http://espn.go.com/college-football/...-pittman-staff
    Sounds good to me.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation All-American bamaslammer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I think OL recruiting has become a high stakes game for sure, who ever he hires has got to be an accomplished recruiter, especially to reel in these big tackle prospects who at this point are second only to quarterbacks in their ability to command attention and eventually cash when they get to the NFL. Basically every NFL team needs a shut down left tackle and a quarterback to compete.
    BS 1989

BamaNation All-SEC
    Post Thanks / Like

I know Evan Cardwell is still associated with the team, but I don't think he is on the field coaching. I'd like to see Chris Samuels get the job, but don't know how good of a recruiter he will be.

BamaNation Hall of Fame CapstoneGrad06's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by glasscutter256 View Post
    I know Evan Cardwell is still associated with the team, but I don't think he is on the field coaching. I'd like to see Chris Samuels get the job, but don't know how good of a recruiter he will be.
    Chris Samuels would instantly give Alabama more boots on the ground in south Alabama. He played and coached in the area. Not to mention his NFL credentials as an all-Pro and assistant. Regardless, loosing Coach Stoutland's ties to south Florida will hurt. We were really starting to make in-roads in the Miami area.
    "Each play has a history and a life of its own. How is that play going to be remembered? If you're focusing on that play and what you have to do that single play, usually you'll do pretty good on it." - Coach Nick Saban

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Cool on TideFans.com

Who ever was coaching up the O-line in Wisconsin was doing a fine job. They have put some great linemen in the NFL the few years.

BamaNation First Team Snuffy Smith's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Offensive Line Assistant coaches

Quote Originally Posted by Mystical View Post
    Who ever was coaching up the O-line in Wisconsin was doing a fine job. They have put some great linemen in the NFL the few years.
    Something in my memory banks tells me they had some recent turnover in that position - may have been a different position coach though.

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

This past season, Wisconsin promoted Grad Assistant Bart Miller to OL coach after the second game of the year. Mike Markuson was fired after the second game. Previously, Markuson was at Ole Miss from 2007 to 2012 before Bielema hired him in January 2012. He was at Arkansas with Nutt and then went to Oxford when CHN did.

Markuson replaced Bob Bostad as OL Coach. Bostad left Wisconsin to go to Pitt with Paul Chryst but left there to go to Tampa Bay to be OL coach for the Bucs.

Long story short, I doubt Alabama gets any of Wisconsin's last 3 OL coaches.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    Coach Bryant

Rasuputin's response to my question "What benefit do tablets provide students?"
    (In an old southern trailer park redneck beer in hand marlboro light in other and camoflauge cutoff shorts man's voice) If a tablet was good enough for Moses and the 10 Commandments then by god they are good enough for my children in school today!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

I am sure the coach we hire will be very familiar with zone blocking schemes. I do not know if some of the names being thrown around (other than our current understudy coaches) have this but I believe this would have to be a pre-requesite.

BamaNation Hall of Fame TideFan in AU's Avatar
    Almost close enough to the pasture to smell it!
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Sam Pittman's OL at UT last years led the SEC and was 4th in the NCAA in fewest sacks allowed. He is a top 25 recruiter and has coached numerous linemen than have went on to the NFL. He sounds like a pretty good choice, if we get him.
    “And the roses in this grand ol’ stadium are once again Crimson!” - Eli Gold, Jan 7th, 2010

Alabama wasn’t just dominating Monday night. They were some word that has yet to be invented in the English language. - Aaron Torres, Jan 10th, 2012

"If this was a prize fight, they'd call it off!" - Brent Musberger, Jan 7th, 2013

BamaNation Hall of Fame deliveryman35's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

Here is a link to Pittman's bio--

http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/Vi...&Q_SEASON=2013

He's a 27 yr journeyman. Interesting footnote--he played and started his coaching career at Fran's first coaching stop--Pittsburg State. In fact, it looks like from the yrs that he was there that they might have actually crossed paths....Wasn't Fran there in '83?
    "Football is a hard game. These spread coaches forget that. Until good defenses remind them." Gene Stallings

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by deliveryman35 View Post
    Here is a link to Pittman's bio--

http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/Vi...&Q_SEASON=2013

He's a 27 yr journeyman. Interesting footnote--he played and started his coaching career at Fran's first coaching stop--Pittsburg State. In fact, it looks like from the yrs that he was there that they might have actually crossed paths....Wasn't Fran there in '83?
    He was named a Top 25 recruiter and he has a strong resume. He may just be the man.

BamaNation Hall of Fame deliveryman35's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by TiderJ View Post
    He was named a Top 25 recruiter and he has a strong resume. He may just be the man.
    I agree. He seems to be a wily, old, veteran line coach, somewhat in the mold of both Stoutland and Pendry.
    Last edited by deliveryman35; February 8th, 2013 at 10:16 PM.
    "Football is a hard game. These spread coaches forget that. Until good defenses remind them." Gene Stallings

BamaNation All-SEC
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Twisted on TideFans.com

I'll bet Big Sam could get the boys attention ! rtr...