Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    BamaNation All-American
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Re: Offensive Line Assistant coaches

What, is Bob Connelly not good enough for you guys?!
    ---------------------------------------

"In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on."

Robert Frost

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States
    My Mood
    Sleepy on TideFans.com

Offensive Line Assistant coaches

I'd like to think that Chris Samuels or Smiley are being groomed for the position. As good as Samuels was, his experience could pay off.

Sent from Jay's iPhone via Tapatalk
    ROLL TIDE!

BamaNation All-SEC bamagradinATL's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Nolcbear View Post
    Bucket Step Bob? No thanks.

What about Sylvester Croom coming back to UA? I think he's the RB coach for the Titans but I always did like Croom and he was passionate about UA until he was spurned for Shula. I'd love to see Croom back in UA but I doubt it will happen though he was a great center for the Tide, he's primarily been a rb coach or lb coach.

Quote Originally Posted by JBama_in_PCOLA View Post
    I'd like to think that Chris Samuels or Smiley are being groomed for the position. As good as Samuels was, his experience could pay off.

Sent from Jay's iPhone via Tapatalk
    I think Chris Samuels was a very good player, but can he be a good teacher of the techniques needed that will be developing the line into the players that we need. Sometimes/many times a great player does not make a great teacher.

However, I think Coach Saban would know.
    "Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, Give me Liberty, or give me Death!" Patrick Henry

My Mood
    Mellow on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by DurdenTider View Post
    What about Sylvester Croom coming back to UA? I think he's the RB coach for the Titans but I always did like Croom and he was passionate about UA until he was spurned for Shula. I'd love to see Croom back in UA but I doubt it will happen though he was a great center for the Tide, he's primarily been a rb coach or lb coach.
    I don't think he would take the job if we offered it to him. I don't think he has ever gotten over being snubbed when we hired Shula. Besides, I don't think many Bama fans would be to thrilled to see him join the staff after the way h handled himself towards us when he was at MSU. As great of a person as Sly is, it seems like he burned a lot of bridges back in the day.

BamaNation All-American
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by DurdenTider View Post
    Too much water over the dam...
    Sly might not be on board with making other Alabama coaches look good.
    IMO: He expressed too much bitterness over failing to become Alabama's Head Coach.

I say that with a heavy heart. I always thought I liked Sly.
    BUT... I didn't like the Sly we saw moaning and complaining about Alabama.

BamaNation Hall of Fame bamacon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nolcbear View Post
    That kind of post could get you an avatar from the dark side around here

BamaNation Third Team

What about former Bama OL Will Friend?

BamaNation All-American

I hate to rain on the Pittman to Bama parade but why would he come here after just recently taking the Arky job and why would we want a guy that'd do that?

whoever, coach selects will be the best available. the bama off line has become as big as winning championships. it is a must to have a solid coach to provide the kind of work needed to work with our young stallions on the front they have created more press than any position, because they have created the holes that our great backs run through. our offense is in your face type and we need to continue that tradition.

BamaNation Hall of Fame TideFan in AU's Avatar
    Almost close enough to the pasture to smell it!
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by CullmanTide View Post
    I hate to rain on the Pittman to Bama parade but why would he come here after just recently taking the Arky job and why would we want a guy that'd do that?
    The chance to coach for the best program in the country under the best coach in CFB would weigh pretty heavy on me, if I were in the position. The whole "why would we want a guy who would take a job after he recently took another job" argument is absurd to me, and it always has been. What if YOU took a job, and then two months later, a job making more money, more benefits, and MOST IMPORTANTLY, better job security became available? You'd take it in a minute, and if you didn't, I don't know what to say. Bielema is an unknown commodity in the SEC. If you come to work for Saban and do a good job, you will be able to work here a long time, unless you decide to leave on your own.

People forget all the time that this is these guy's jobs. It is foolish for a coach not to look out for his own interests, just like it is for everybody else. Just ask the recently fired Arkansas coaching staff...
    “And the roses in this grand ol’ stadium are once again Crimson!” - Eli Gold, Jan 7th, 2010

Alabama wasn’t just dominating Monday night. They were some word that has yet to be invented in the English language. - Aaron Torres, Jan 10th, 2012

"If this was a prize fight, they'd call it off!" - Brent Musberger, Jan 7th, 2013

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by CullmanTide View Post
    One simple, obvious answer. A RING!!!!!