2014 Prospects

jambama1

All-American
Aug 1, 2005
Tuscaloosa
These are just some prospects:
QB:
David Cornwell (IMO this guy will be the number 1 QB in the final rankings and we lead IMO)
Brandon Dawkins (He is originally from bama and traveled to Junior Day a few weeks backs)
HB:
Leonard Fournette (We are in the top 2 and some have stated he may want to leave the state)
Jalen Hurd ( @ one point had Bama in the lead ,but OSU has his attention right now)
Racean Thomas (We lead big)
WR:
Ermon Lane (the number 1 WR in the Robert Foster Mold electric with the ball & we Lead)
Cameron Sims ( this guy is very very Under-rated and we lead after the junior day visit)
TE:
Tyler Luatua (his brother is on the team and we lead)
OL:
Cameron Robinson ( we are in the top 2 & he has made multiple visits to BAMA including a few weeks ago)
Damian Prince ( We are in the top 3 and have a great chance with this guy)
Roderick Taylor ( We lead & the staff is in love with this guy)
Braden Smith (IMO this guy will be great Guard & tackle later, he has visited during the fall and pland to come back.)
Jordan Sims (this guy will blow up on the recruiting scene soon )
DE:
Andrew Brown ( big time prospect from the same high school as Phillip Sims, Some chatter of when he visits for A-day he will commit)
Elisha Shaw ( Big guy that can really move, We lead & some speculate an early decision)
Malik McDowell ( we are on the list ,but other currently lead, however, I really hope we can get in on this guy. Huge Potential and a Prototype 3-4 DE. IMO like Tuitt for ND)
NT:
Josh Frazier ( IMO It begins & ends here at this time. Has everything you could want in a NT, We have had the lead ,but will always be a fight)
ILB:
Kain Daub ( We lead when we had Walker ,but its a FSU/ BAMA Battle)
Tre' Williams ( BAMA/Barn Battle)
Raekwon McMillan (was a OSU lean until the Junior Day visit)
OLB:
Da'Shawn Hand (this guy is the #1 player @ this time. We are in his top 5.This guy is different from the last 3 kids @ #1. More serious and more business approach to recruiting process. IMO helps us ,because Saban shoots straight and lays it all out in front of you.)(Also, The Coach thing is over blown ,not your typical Barner coach ,he shoots straight & doesn't push his kids)
Lorenzo Carter(Also hand will have to hold of Cater from Ga over the next year. IMO Carter has a higher upside and ceiling. He was team mates with Karma{he is really really close to Karma} & things are looking great with him. Non-pro Barn family)
CB:
Marlon Humphrey (The best corner i have seen since Peterson of LSU. Enough said there. Also, Bama leads)
Stephen Roberts ( Remember this name because he will soon be shooting up the rankings like the speed of light. We lead big.)
Tony Brown ( We are in the top 5 and he really likes Saban, but his sister is going to LSU. But, Saban is the coach)
Jabrill Peppers ( Great kid and we are in there ,but have a feeling he will go to Stanford)
S:
Quin Blanding (we are working our way in ,but IMO goes UVA/FSU)
Laurence Jones ( We are in the top 5 and he has been on campus numerous times)
Ronnie Clark (Tall rangy safety. We have a pretty big lead)
Ath:
Bo Scarbrough ( we all know about him. Freak;we are saying this a lot about these guys)

Again this is a really short list ,but saw people asking about 2014.

Last edited:

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
I'll add a couple

RB Nick Chubb - Cedartown, Ga. - 5'11" and 210 lbs as a Junior

WR DeMarcus Bingham - Foley, Ala. - Get a lot of Julio comparisons being from Foley. AS a Junior he is a man among boys build wise, at 6'3" 200lbs.

WR Demarre Kitt - Tyrone, Ga.

TE Jeb Blazevich (Charlotte, N.C./Christian) - He has offers from all over but recently said he is considering only Alabama, Clemson, Georgia, Notre Dame, Ohio State and Ole Miss. He attended the BCSNCG.

TE Kevin Crosby - Bamberg, S.C. - Probably not as high on our list as Blazevich, but he could be an instant impact at the H

OL Orlando Brown Jr. - Duluth, Ga. - This kid has dominant RT written all over him. He comes from good pedigree, as some of you probably see his name as familiar. His father played many years in the NFL. He measures at 6'8" 345 lbs as a junior, and has good field IQ.

DE Bryson Allen-Williams - Ellenwood, Ga. - He will be one of our top targets out of GA. He has a decent frame already (6'2" 215), but I assume he'll be scouted as an OLB. I'll list him at his HS position though.

DE Dante Sawyer - Suwanee, Ga. - 6'3" 250lb Junior has JACK in his future.

DE Justin Thornton - Prichard, Ala. - At 6'5" he has the frame to be a DE, but he plays a little light at 225 lbs. He has the frame to bulk up though, much like Jadeveon Clowney has. He isn't THAT kind of talent, but has some good measurables.

DT Kendall Baker - Atlanta, Ga. - He doesn't have an offer yet, but I think he will soon. Measures out at 6'5" 270.

DT Dontavius Russell - Carrollton, Ga. - This kid is a fireplug. He measures at 6'3" 300 lbs, and looks like he could be an option for both DT and third down rush NT.

LB Rashaan Evans - Auburn, Ala. - Teammate of Reuben Foster this year, which could help us, he measures at 6'4" 215 lbs. He has the frame to grow into a JACK, but could play SAM as well.

LB Shaun Dion Hamilton - Montgomery, Ala. - A little small compared to a lot of our LB's (6'1" 224), he commands the inside well. Might remind some of CJ Mosely.

LB Raekwon McMillan - Hinesville, Ga. - Plays ILB a lot like Foster. Fast, punishing, and a high motor.

LB T.J. Posey - Gadsden, Ala. - He doesn't have an offer yet, but we are his top school. He is a bit small (6'1" 215), so he may end up at S in our scheme if he were to end up on campus. You never know how much more he could grow though.

DB Kalvaraz Bessent

S Nick Glass - Atlanta, Ga. - He is a UGA commit...but I have a feeling, things will get interesting before signing day. This kid has STUD written all over him. At 6'2" 203, he is already physically ready for the next level as a Junior.

S Cortez McDowell - Locust Grove, Ga.

ATH Chris Williams

ATH Ronnie Clark - Calera, Ala. - At 6'3" 220 lbs, this kid is physically a specimen already. I would imagine he will end up on the defensive side of the Ball, as I would project him at Safety.

ATH E.J. Moss - Ashville, Ala. - A dual-threat QB, he has great size (6'3" 220), and could probably play both sides of the ball at the next level. Not sure if his evaluation will put him at WR or Safety, but I don't think he'll be coming in as a QB considering our current targets.

DurdenTider

All-SEC
Jan 3, 2011
Mobile, AL
That would be huge if Andrew Brown would commit on A-Day game, he was rated #2 overall on the first ratings with rivals and 247. How does UA look with Carter? I'm hearing good things and he has so much upside with him.

bamafaninOhiO

All-American
May 11, 2010
Dayton, Ohio
These are just some prospects:
QB:
David Cornwell (IMO this guy will be the number 1 QB in the final rankings and we lead IMO)
Brandon Dawkins (He is originally from bama and traveled to Junior Day a few weeks backs)
HB:
Leonard Fournette (We are in the top 2 and some have stated he may want to leave the state)
Jalen Hurd ( @ one point had Bama in the lead ,but OSU has his attention right now)
Racean Thomas (We lead big)
WR:
Ermon Lane (the number 1 WR in the Robert Foster Mold electric with the ball & we Lead)
Cameron Sims ( this guy is very very Under-rated and we lead after the junior day visit)
TE:
Tyler Luatua (his brother is on the team and we lead)
OL:
Cameron Robinson ( we are in the top 2 & he has made multiple visits to BAMA including a few weeks ago)
Damian Prince ( We are in the top 3 and have a great chance with this guy)
Roderick Taylor ( We lead & the staff is in love with this guy)
Braden Smith (IMO this guy will be great Guard & tackle later, he has visited during the fall and pland to come back.)
Jordan Sims (this guy will blow up on the recruiting scene soon )
DE:
Andrew Brown ( big time prospect from the same high school as Phillip Sims, Some chatter of when he visits for A-day he will commit)
Elisha Shaw ( Big guy that can really move, We lead & some speculate an early decision)
Malik McDowell ( we are on the list ,but other currently lead, however, I really hope we can get in on this guy. Huge Potential and a Prototype 3-4 DE. IMO like Tuitt for ND)
NT:
Josh Frazier ( IMO It begins & ends here at this time. Has everything you could want in a NT, We have had the lead ,but will always be a fight)
ILB:
Kain Daub ( We lead when we had Walker ,but its a FSU/ BAMA Battle)
Tre' Williams ( BAMA/Barn Battle)
Raekwon McMillan (was a OSU lean until the Junior Day visit)
OLB:
Da'Shawn Hand (this guy is the #1 player @ this time. We are in his top 5.This guy is different from the last 3 kids @ #1. More serious and more business approach to recruiting process. IMO helps us ,because Saban shoots straight and lays it all out in front of you.)(Also, The Coach thing is over blown ,not your typical Barner coach ,he shoots straight & doesn't push his kids)
Lorenzo Carter(Also hand will have to hold of Cater from Ga over the next year. IMO Carter has a higher upside and ceiling. He was team mates with Karma{he is really really close to Karma} & things are looking great with him. Non-pro Barn family)
CB:
Marlon Humphrey (The best corner i have seen since Peterson of LSU. Enough said there. Also, Bama leads)
Stephen Roberts ( Remember this name because he will soon be shooting up the rankings like the speed of light. We lead big.)
Tony Brown ( We are in the top 5 and he really likes Saban, but his sister is going to LSU. But, Saban is the coach)
Jabrill Peppers ( Great kid and we are in there ,but have a feeling he will go to Stanford)
S:
Quin Blanding (we are working our way in ,but IMO goes UVA/FSU)
Laurence Jones ( We are in the top 5 and he has been on campus numerous times)
Ronnie Clark (Tall rangy safety. We have a pretty big lead)
Ath:
Bo Scarbrough ( we all know about him. Freak;we are saying this a lot about these guys)

Again this is a really short list ,but saw people asking about 2014.
Now we're getting serious with 2014. Thanks for posting this.

armstjo1

BamaNation Citizen
Dec 8, 2010
Yea JamBama and Matt. . .a lot of us are what one might call "la y-persons;" we need the studs like you guys on TF. Thanks for your great information. Many 'Bama maniacs--like a bunch of us on TF--are here a lot, but not always. (I, for example, just got finished with helping the wife clean house. . .can you believe that)!! But what a good thing to settle down on the 'machine' and read all ya'lls good infor. about "the next great bunch" to come possiby to Tideland!! Thank you again!

runatl

Suspended
Dec 5, 2011
I'm really interested in Marlon Humphrey. He's going to be as good as Joe Haden.

WRs, RBs and QBs, I don't really care to be honest. We're stocked. The coaches can worry about that if they want, but I couldn't care less about it at the moment. I just see it as people transferring out of the school because of lack of playing time.

bamafaninOhiO

All-American
May 11, 2010
Dayton, Ohio
I'm really interested in Marlon Humphrey. He's going to be as good as Joe Haden.

WRs, RBs and QBs, I don't really care to be honest. We're stocked. The coaches can worry about that if they want, but I couldn't care less about it at the moment. I just see it as people transferring out of the school because of lack of playing time.
well, i look at it like this...we've had 5 #1 classes in the last 6 years per rivals...and they havent been running out in droves yet...

for the most part, they seem to be content with waiting their turn, which shows that they want to be part of a winning team.

Of course, you will lose a couple along the way... Philip Sims (QB) and Grant (RB) when they realized that starting wasnt in the cards for them..

runatl

Suspended
Dec 5, 2011
well, i look at it like this...we've had 5 #1 classes in the last 6 years per rivals...and they havent been running out in droves yet...

for the most part, they seem to be content with waiting their turn, which shows that they want to be part of a winning team.

Of course, you will lose a couple along the way... Philip Sims (QB) and Grant (RB) when they realized that starting wasnt in the cards for them..

Yea, but the first three #1 classes we had, we were so empty at every position that the stars didn't really have to wait their turn.

This class and the last one is where we're super, super deep. For example, we have like 7 RBs... Are any of them even leaving at the end of this upcoming year? Do we recruit more RBs on top of the ones we have already? I know the absolute best will find their way on the field and that's all you can really hope for as an athlete, but most of these RBs aren't going to get enough carries to get drafted early (I know we limit carries to keep them fresh but they still need enough of them to be drafted at all). Some guys, like Richardson and Ingram, are going to get drafted and do well... But maybe Lacy could've gone earlier if he'd been playing for some other team. IDK.

Same with WRs. I mean we've got so many. Some, like Julio and Cooper, are obviously going to be NFL studs... But they didn't have any other receiver competing for passes (Chris Black got injured and nobody else was on the same level as Amari). But will the rest of the receivers who are going to be second fiddle to Cooper and Black and probably others too get enough passes thrown to them to be drafted early? Maybe it's better for them to go to a team that can use them more.

At the end of the day, Bama was the place to be because of the opportunity... But, now, I feel that people who should go to Bama need to know that the spots are in high demand and some spots aren't really available period (like WR and RB).

Bottom Line: Bama is the place you want to be if you're a defensive player: Saban and Kirby Smart are the best.
Bama is the place you want to be if your position has an opening: You can fight for it and you have access to TV exposure and play for the best nation in the country.
But, Bama isn't where you want to be if the position isn't opening (like RB and WR this year) UNLESS you're most interested in winning a NC than improving your draft stock. You'll probably still get drafted, partly because you're from Bama, but it might not be as high as you could've been elsewhere.

Need for the team you're committing to is a serious point to consider.

Last edited:

bodiddle

All-SEC
May 14, 2006
Yea, but the first three #1 classes we had, we were so empty at every position that the stars didn't really have to wait their turn.

This class and the last one is where we're super, super deep. For example, we have like 7 RBs... Are any of them even leaving at the end of this upcoming year? Do we recruit more RBs on top of the ones we have already? I know the absolute best will find their way on the field and that's all you can really hope for as an athlete, but most of these RBs aren't going to get enough carries to get drafted early (I know we limit carries to keep them fresh but they still need enough of them to be drafted at all). Some guys, like Richardson and Ingram, are going to get drafted and do well... But maybe Lacy could've gone earlier if he'd been playing for some other team. IDK.

Same with WRs. I mean we've got so many. Some, like Julio and Cooper, are obviously going to be NFL studs... But they didn't have any other receiver competing for passes (Chris Black got injured and nobody else was on the same level as Amari). But will the rest of the receivers who are going to be second fiddle to Cooper and Black and probably others too get enough passes thrown to them to be drafted early? Maybe it's better for them to go to a team that can use them more.

At the end of the day, Bama was the place to be because of the opportunity... But, now, I feel that people who should go to Bama need to know that the spots are in high demand and some spots aren't really available period (like WR and RB).

Bottom Line: Bama is the place you want to be if you're a defensive player: Saban and Kirby Smart are the best.
Bama is the place you want to be if your position has an opening: You can fight for it and you have access to TV exposure and play for the best nation in the country.
But, Bama isn't where you want to be if the position isn't opening (like RB and WR this year) UNLESS you're most interested in winning a NC than improving your draft stock. You'll probably still get drafted, partly because you're from Bama, but it might not be as high as you could've been elsewhere.

So, do you work for the barn or what. Telling players that they should not come to Bama because we already have too many good players is not too much appreciated on this board.

Just wow!

1958againbear

1st Team
Jan 27, 2011

If CNS wants you then you're needed. 'Nuff said. If I were a recruit that would be all that I needed to pick the Tide.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Ty Webb

Suspended
Feb 3, 2012
Are you a Barn fan??????

If you are not a trolling Auburn fan, you can never have too much depth in college football, particularly when a number of starters are going to the NFL early every year. Most players that a program brings in, including some 4 and 5 star players, take a year or two to become ready for SEC championship level football.

There are a number of spots on the roster that we will have to recruit heavily this cycle. And, Bama, like every team that wants to win championships, HAS to land difference makers every year to keep winning big games, because LSU, Florida, Georgia, and A&M are going to land those type of players every year.

brutetough

1st Team
Dec 11, 2010
not sure about the Barn fan part, but calling Mark Richt a great guy (a post long time ago)sounds more like Dawg fan...
Are you a Barn fan??????

If you are not a trolling Auburn fan, you can never have too much depth in college football, particularly when a number of starters are going to the NFL early every year. Most players that a program brings in, including some 4 and 5 star players, take a year or two to become ready for SEC championship level football.

There are a number of spots on the roster that we will have to recruit heavily this cycle. And, Bama, like every team that wants to win championships, HAS to land difference makers every year to keep winning big games, because LSU, Florida, Georgia, and A&M are going to land those type of players every year.

runatl

Suspended
Dec 5, 2011
not sure about the Barn fan part, but calling Mark Richt a great guy (a post long time ago)sounds more like Dawg fan...
Did you even read the rest of that post? I called him a good guy because he paid his assistants out of his own pocket because he felt they weren't being paid enough. Do you not agree that that is a generous thing to do? How many other people do that? Would you do it? I sure as hell wouldn't! So, yea, he is a good guy. Not the sharpest person in football. But he's a good guy.

Are you a Barn fan??????

I didn't even mention Auburn. And did you read the post? I said we're stocked at WR and RB. NOBODY from our RB group is going to the NFL next year - they're all too young. I agree with the bolded part. All I said is that WR and RB aren't those spots.

So, do you work for the barn or what. Telling players that they should not come to Bama because we already have too many good players is not too much appreciated on this board.

Just wow!
Unless someone from this board is a player who actually cares about what I said, I don't see how I did that.

Just reread all I said. The coaches can worry about WRs and RBs if they feel like they need it. I, as a fan, won't care much about those positions because
a) I am not paid to care.
b) I don't think we need them.
The coaches are paid to care, and they can recruit whoever they want. I, as a fan, am only going to follow the recruitment processes of people I actually care about - which does not include any RBs and WRs. Then I offered my opinion on why people who are playing those positions might not want to go to Bama .

Geez. Take some time and read instead of calling me an Auburn fan. College students have better things to do than trolling message boards- especially on our Fridays.

Last edited:

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Did you even read the rest of that post? I called him a good guy because he paid his assistants out of his own pocket because he felt they weren't being paid enough. Do you not agree that that is a generous thing to do? How many other people do that? Would you do it? I sure as hell wouldn't! So, yea, he is a good guy. Not the sharpest person in football. But he's a good guy.

I didn't even mention Auburn. And did you read the post? I said we're stocked at WR and RB. NOBODY from our RB group is going to the NFL next year - they're all too young. I agree with the bolded part. All I said is that WR and RB aren't those spots.
Your post for the most part was accurate and what recruits have to think if they want to come to Bama. He's not a Barner or troll. Relax.

DurdenTider

All-SEC
Jan 3, 2011
Mobile, AL
I think the issue isn't depth with recruits that come to UA. If Lacy could've improved his stock at another school given that he would still have the injuries he gathered at UA, I think he might not have made it a full season of carrying the entire load early in his career. Hurting someone's stock b/c of competition ahead of them? Ingram and Richardson were the 1st RBs taken in the draft, Julio was the 2nd WR, Lacy will be in the top 3 RBs taken. Talent rises to the top no matter what scenario in CNS system. I think it's a testament to the talent that comes into UA's recruiting class that they believe they can overcome who UA already has on their roster.

runatl

Suspended
Dec 5, 2011
Your post for the most part was accurate and what recruits have to think if they want to come to Bama. He's not a Barner or troll. Relax.
I appreciate it. I don't post much on tidefans - partly because I have too many things going on in real life (finishing up college. finding my way in life), but I try to follow UA football the best I can. Dad got a phD from there when I was in 2nd grade, so that's my connection.

I think the issue isn't depth with recruits that come to UA. If Lacy could've improved his stock at another school given that he would still have the injuries he gathered at UA, I think he might not have made it a full season of carrying the entire load early in his career. Hurting someone's stock b/c of competition ahead of them? Ingram and Richardson were the 1st RBs taken in the draft, Julio was the 2nd WR, Lacy will be in the top 3 RBs taken. Talent rises to the top no matter what scenario in CNS system. I think it's a testament to the talent that comes into UA's recruiting class that they believe they can overcome who UA already has on their roster.
Ingram and Julio didn't have any competition ahead of them. So that's a moot point. Even Richardson shouldn't count because we run a multiple RB system. I definitely believe talent rises to the top - but what if you're a borderline 3-4 star? I mean, at a different school, you might be able to dominate - or at least see playing time, while at Alabama, you might not. That's a huge difference in the NFL draft. Take Garret Gilbert, for example. He's absolute trash. Wouldn't have seen the field in the SEC. But he played for Missouri and ended up being picked in the first round. He probably will be out of the NFL in 3 years, but he still has 3 years of salary that he wouldn't have had if he had played for an SEC team. I think this is the first year we see what it's like for recruits to really have to fight for a position. We'll still get the fearless, best guys, but some of the borderline guys (who know, realistically, that they're borderline) might want to take their shot elsewhere.

Competition is a good thing. No doubt that getting your ... handed to you every day in practice and knowing that it's do or die will make you bring out your best. But, simply put, your best isn't good enough for some people to see the field at Bama. And with the stock that we have at RB and WR, I don't see why people would want to come.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.