Bama Bird Introduction Thread

Bama Bird

Scout Team
Feb 6, 2013
Hi. I was asked to start an introduction thread.

I am currently a Junior (Senior by credit hours) at THE University of Alabama. I grew up in the Birmingham area and have been an Alabama fan my entire life. I am also a fan of the Atlanta Falcons, Atlanta Braves, and Atlanta Hawks.

Roll Tide,

Bama Bird

bamabelle1991

All-American
Jan 1, 2009
South Alabama

I am currently a Junior (Senior by credit hours) at THE University of Alabama. I grew up in the Birmingham area and have been an Alabama fan my entire life. I am also a fan of the Atlanta Falcons, Atlanta Braves, and Atlanta Hawks.

Roll Tide,

Bama Bird
You are motivated! I like it!! Welcome!!

armstjo1

BamaNation Citizen
Dec 8, 2010
Hello Bama Bird, so glad you came on line at Tidefans! (I was in your shoes just a few weeks ago--a newcomer that is, after merely reading and observing for probably close to five years). You are, no doubt, far more informed than a lot of us since you are still on campus. My class was the one of '68, so I'm an 'oldie but goldie. Ha! But am glad to be a part of welcoming you aboard. I agree with most of the preferences on your bio except I am a L. A. Dodger fan. . .been one since a kid when Sandy Koufax, Don Drysdale and Don Newcombe were in their 'heyday' playing with the Bums! (Used to love listening on the radio to a Harry Caray anounced game between the Dodgers and Cardinals when it was a Koufax/Bob Gibson pitching dual. Yes, Caray announced for the Cardinals prior to joining the Cubs. Most likely the outcome would be a 1 - 0 game, 2 - 1, or something very similar. . .the winning pitcher striking out 10-to-12 batters). I do like the Braves, but sorta 2nd I guess. Anyway. . .welcome and good luck young man. GET THAT DEGREE!! Important, as you can imagine! Look forward to your posts! Roll Tide Roll!!

Last edited:

RedStar

Hall of Fame
Jan 28, 2005
The Shoals, AL

Roll Tide,

Bama Bird
One bit of advice. Don't graduate early. It took me 5 1/2 years and my only regret is that it didn't take me at least 6.

Rush

All-American
Jul 5, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Graduating college was one of the worst decisions of my life. DON'T DO IT.
Reminds me of one of Belush's lines in Animal House, after Dean Vernon Wormer told him and some of his Delta House brothers that they were "Finished! Expelled!" from Faber College -

Looking shocked, downcast, Belush could only mutter:

"7 years of college down the drain..."

:)

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
Welcome to TIDEFANS.
We are an odd collection of grads,and down the block neighborhood fans.
(Some are way,way, down the block...)

Advice: Go back and read some of the old threads and you will know the subjects
we have beat to death, and how to respond when someone disagrees with you.
It's gonna happen. That's ok. (Nothing personal)
Most importantly: Relax and have a good time.
We have very knowledgeable fans who know and love football, and Moderators
who make this the best run forum you are likely to ever visit.

PS: This is our forum, we aren't bashful when it comes to Auburn posters, they 'visit' and nearly always get out of line. ( Then they are gone... Thanks Mods! )

Again, Welcome to TideFans. Post and give us your opinions.

Last edited:

bamabelle1991

All-American
Jan 1, 2009
South Alabama
Welcome to TIDEFANS.
We are an odd collection of grads,and down the block neighborhood fans.
(Some are way,way, down the block...)

Advice: Go back and read some of the old threads and you will know the subjects
we have beat to death, and how to respond when someone disagrees with you.
It's gonna happen. That's ok. (Nothing personal)
Most importantly: Relax and have a good time.
We have very knowledgeable fans who know and love football, and Moderators
who make this the best run forum you are likely to ever visit.

PS: This is our forum, we aren't bashful when it comes to Auburn posters, they 'visit' and nearly always get out of line. ( Then they are gone... Thanks Mods! )

Again, Welcome to TideFans. Post and give us your opinions.
I would put mad significance on reading before posting in Non-Sports. ;) haha

armstjo1

BamaNation Citizen
Dec 8, 2010
And Ole Man Dan. . .what can I say, Bama Bird. . .he's just one of the wisest ones on the board. Take good stock in what he says!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.