Shane Youngblood Tweets a Good Question About Future Bama Recruiting

CapstoneGrad06

Hall of Fame
Jan 19, 2006
Houston, Texas
The blood lines that produced Jerry Rice, Walter Peyton , Brett Favre, and Steve McNair are still in Mississippi. Not wise to give up just yet. Do you give up on the Florida panhandle after the last couple of days?
That's not exactly a great comparison. There's a larger talent pool in the Florida panhandle, that is being developed more consistently on and off the field.

RedStar

Hall of Fame
Jan 28, 2005
The Shoals, AL
There's currently only 1 player from Mississippi on Alabama's roster and only 1 in this years recruiting class. Probably the fewest in the history of the program. So it appears that even Coach Saban himself has pretty much given up on the state of Mississippi. But...

Last edited:

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007
There's currently only 1 player from Mississippi on Alabama's roster and only 1 in this years recruiting class. Probably the fewest in the history of the program. So it appears that even Coach Saban himself has pretty much given up on the state of Mississippi. But...
Not really anything up for the debate at that moment. Clearly Saban has de-emphasized recruiting prospects from the State of Mississippi, with a few notable exceptions here and there. Perhaps that changes in time, but for now it's basically a moot, academic discussion.

bamablood6

1st Team
Mar 27, 2006
The rumor at Batesville is that parents find jobs when their kids sign with Ole Miss. Don't know if it is true. If so, I'm not sure it's that much different from anywhere else.
Should Alabama give up on the Monroe, LA area? Not a lot of luck around there. Did get Bell from Rayville a few years ago.
I hate to break it to the Mississippi haters, but Alabama is looking at a few kids from Mississippi again. It would be a shame to find some more Steens and Norwoods, wouldn't it?
If Bama gave up on Monroe, LA they would not have the twin Cams (Robinson and Sims) or a Hootie. So I think that was pretty good turn of events.
But there are a few Miss kids that work out, but not very many Bama has had success with lately.

It is amazing how hard it is to get kids away from Ole .... though, when they get their dirty mits on them. I cant think of any other medicore program that can do that like they do. Maybe Allbarn, but not many others.

ptw1961

1st Team
Dec 8, 2011
The NCAA should take a long look at the guy who owns Dunlop tires in Mississippi and the lawyer who made millions from suing the tobacco companies. They are the Ole Miss money people. I know a few Ole Miss fans who are pretty well connected and they just cringe when I question their recruiting successes.
If Bama gave up on Monroe, LA they would not have the twin Cams (Robinson and Sims) or a Hootie. So I think that was pretty good turn of events.
But there are a few Miss kids that work out, but not very many Bama has had success with lately.

It is amazing how hard it is to get kids away from Ole .... though, when they get their dirty mits on them. I cant think of any other medicore program that can do that like they do. Maybe Allbarn, but not many others.

Bama Shoals

1st Team
Jan 17, 2007
Killen, AL
Going back to South Panola in particular, anybody read about the murder of Jessica Chambers that happened on December 6th in Cortland which is in that area? That is an horrible, horrible, tragic event but as you look into it and read about the investigation, you see a level of dysfunction, drugs, gangs, and crime in that area that is amazing and very alarming. It may be a very good thing that we stay away from that area. Peria Jerry was even mentioned as being linked to the story. Check it out if you have time.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
The NCAA should take a long look at the guy who owns Dunlop tires in Mississippi and the lawyer who made millions from suing the tobacco companies. They are the Ole Miss money people. I know a few Ole Miss fans who are pretty well connected and they just cringe when I question their recruiting successes.
The lawyer is Dickie Scruggs. I mentioned him in a post this past summer. Link

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.