Rivals "Signing Day's winners and losers" but no Bama

Quicksilver

1st Team
Mar 13, 2010
Ellicott City, MD
Ok, tell me what I'm missing here. Alabama just signed the #1 Rivals.com college football recruiting class, yet Rivals (via writer "Dallas Jackson") publishes an article entitled "Signing Day's winners and losers," that doesn't even mention Alabama. Auburn, Ole Miss, and TAM are listed as "winners," but not Alabama. I hope Alabama wins a NC in every year remaining in Nick Saban tenure at Alabama, just to further gall the national sports writers.

http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1469672

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Ok, tell me what I'm missing here. Alabama just signed the #1 Rivals.com college football recruiting class, yet Rivals (via writer "Dallas Jackson") publishes an article entitled "Signing Day's winners and losers," that doesn't even mention Alabama. Auburn, Ole Miss, and TAM are listed as "winners," but not Alabama. I hope Alabama wins a NC in every year remaining in Nick Saban tenure at Alabama, just to further gall the national sports writers.

He is missing something. My only thought to why would be we are accustomed to being the #1 class so he does not call that a winner.

Capt. Jack

Suspended
Jun 20, 2006
Same reason Coach Saban wasn't named Coach of the Year after winning his third national title in four years. It's expected.

Bama Bird

Scout Team
Feb 6, 2013
We're expected to do well and we did. I'll take it. I wouldn't care so much about what some people on Rivals think. They've said Auburn's had good recruiting classes for many years, but obviously they were dead wrong

ETA: At this point, we can only be disappointing or stay at the same level. There's really no improvement that can be made in our program.

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
We're expected to do well and we did. I'll take it. I wouldn't care so much about what some people on Rivals think. They've said Auburn's had good recruiting classes for many years, but obviously they were dead wrong

ETA: At this point, we can only be disappointing or stay at the same level. There's really no improvement that can be made in our program.

Most of the Auburn classes in the last 10 years looks good on paper. The problem with the barn is that by the fall, most of their commits are either in jail/ academic casualties/transfers or just didn't panned out. It's been that way down on the plains since Tubbs. I don't expect anything to change under Gus. :cool2:

Last edited:

The way I see it, they'll learn one way or another.

Sent from Jay's iPhone via Tapatalk

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Perhaps he is implying that the winners are winners because this recruiting class will raise them to a higher level. Not sure that is possible with Alabama, but if it is... :eek2:

capnfrog

All-American
Aug 17, 2002
Pell city, Al. U.S.A.
I still think we can go to a higher level of playing. We could beat TAMU and improve over last year. Until we get to the point that no one can score on us and we score every time we get the ball and all our seniors get drafted in the 1st round, we can still improve. That is what CNS is probably shooting for.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA

That about sums it up, although I believe that CNS would take you to task concerning your last sentence (even though we know that as we speak it`s true).

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
It's hard to be considered this years "winner" when you do this every year. It's status quo...our status is just better then the rest.

Quicksilver

1st Team
Mar 13, 2010
Ellicott City, MD
I'm aware that Alabama's success on the field overshadows any and all media snubs, but sometimes the slights are so conspicuous that I can't let them go without comment. If, for example, I earned "Employee of the Year" at my place of business 5 out of 6 years but management decided to omit my name from the company newsletter on the thought that my success had become "old hat," I would have a problem with that. Since #1 Rivals.com recruiting classes never come by accident but always as the result of relentless effort, Alabama's success (in recruiting or in football generally) should not be treated as some inherent feature of reality, like gravity.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.